2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

April 7th, 2017 at 10:58:49 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Steve Bannon argued against the Syria strike. Looks like Bannon the Red-Nosed Drunk has lost his influence over Donald to Donald's son-in-law...

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/trumps-syria-strike-is-sign-of-bannons-waning-influence.html

There was a link to another story there, title cracked me up.

"The Trump Doctrine: Unpredictability and Incoherence"

Anyway, Bannon being out of there can't be too bad a thing. Haven't heard a thing about the guy that makes me think he'd be a loss.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 7th, 2017 at 11:09:08 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Steve Bannon argued against the Syria strike. Looks like Bannon the Red-Nosed Drunk has lost his influence over Donald to Donald's son-in-law...

Now, since Golden Boy sacked President Bannon in a coup, and then ordered a largely symbolic strike, can we now impeach him for treason?

While Russia is not an ally, they are involved in Syria in support of Assad. Rebel groups include all types, some supported by the Islamic state and some by Al Qaeda. Some Kurdish groups are supported by the US already. IN the cold calculus of realpolitik, it may be in everyone's interest to keep the civil war going until all groups are exhausted. I really don't know what everyone's goals are.

So now Golden Boy lobs a few missiles at an air base, or so reports claim. What for? If he's so concerned about Syrian civilians, why is he so hell-bent in keeping any Syrian refugees out of the US? (and even out of Australia, don't forget).

All politicians are phonies, of course. But Golden Boy likes to show off his utter lack of integrity.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 7th, 2017 at 11:23:28 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Trump's revelation that Assad is an enemy of his own people is ridiculously naive. His action last night was inconsistent with his campaign rhetoric and his recent position statement about not opposing the Syrian regime. However I won't criticize the atack. I think almost any dem or rep would have done the same. But damn, Tomahawks cost about 1.6 mil each. Did he have to burn 59 of them on one air base?
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
April 7th, 2017 at 11:40:01 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: JimRockford
But damn, Tomahawks cost about 1.6 mil each. Did he have to burn 59 of them on one air base?

Not to mention the fact that a lot of them seem to have missed the air base and hit beaches & open land en route to the base.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 7th, 2017 at 11:56:21 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Yesterday Hillary was helped on stage
and helped to the podium to proclaim
that we should bomb Syria. Trump does
it a few hours later and Pelosi and Schumer
are all over themselves congratulating
him. What else could they do, their Queen
had just suggested it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 7th, 2017 at 12:01:58 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
There was a link to another story there, title cracked me up.

"The Trump Doctrine: Unpredictability and Incoherence"

Anyway, Bannon being out of there can't be too bad a thing. Haven't heard a thing about the guy that makes me think he'd be a loss.

I hope Bannon is out
Having racist in the WH is sad
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 7th, 2017 at 2:20:22 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Not to mention the fact that a lot of them seem to have missed the air base and hit beaches & open land en route to the base.

I doubt that's true. Tomahawk has a long track record. It's expensive but it's reliable.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
April 7th, 2017 at 2:41:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I doubt that's true. Tomahawk has a long track record. It's expensive but it's reliable.

Tomahawks are tested all the time with
no explosives on board. They can pretty
much hit a 10 foot circle in the desert
from 1000 miles away. Fire one at
building from that distance and it will
go thru a specific window if you have
the GPS programmed correctly.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 7th, 2017 at 2:45:31 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Trump's revelation that Assad is an enemy of his own people is ridiculously naive. His action last night was inconsistent with his campaign rhetoric and his recent position statement about not opposing the Syrian regime. However I won't criticize the atack. I think almost any dem or rep would have done the same. But damn, Tomahawks cost about 1.6 mil each. Did he have to burn 59 of them on one air base?

By campaign rhetoric, do you mean "America First" and not getting involved in foreign wars?

Also inconsistent and/or hypocritical, his actions are counter to what he said years ago, when he thought Obama shouldn't attack Syria, and that he needed congressional approval before doing so.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
April 7th, 2017 at 2:57:58 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
http://nypost.com/2016/12/22/trump-winery-is-trying-to-hire-foreign-workers/ America first was just campaign rhetoric.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW