2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

July 2nd, 2017 at 12:30:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
I don't think that were was an concerted effort to have illegal ballots cast in the recent election but I am concerned that, with the ease of actually doing it (no ID required, etc.), it could happen and an election--more likely a local one than anything--could be swayed by illegally cast votes.

If they want to investigate voter suppression and voter fraud at the same time with a bipartisan commission I'm fine with that.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 2nd, 2017 at 4:31:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: RonC
By showing how irresponsible he is and sounding irrational on top of it?

It's irresponsible to turn begging free loaders
away from your door? Since when. He had
to turn them away 3 times, he got sick of
it. These are not normal people, this Mika
and Joe, they are the worst kind of media
whores.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 2nd, 2017 at 5:03:06 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
He had
to turn them away 3 times, he got sick of
it.

You are like the only person on planet earth who takes Donald's word at face value.

Donald told Lester Holt that it was James Comey who asked to have a private dinner with him.This was a lie. Donald requested the dinner.

Donald said Joe and Mika begged to come to Maralago three times. This was also a lie.

Quote:
Mr. Trump claims that we asked to join him at Mar-a-Lago three nights in a row. That is false. He also claimed that he refused to see us. That is laughable.

The president-elect invited us both to dinner on Dec. 30. Joe attended because Mika did not want to go. After listening to the president-elect talk about his foreign policy plans, Joe was asked by a disappointed Mr. Trump the next day if Mika could also visit Mar-a-Lago that night. She reluctantly agreed to go. After we arrived, the president-elect pulled us into his family’s living quarters with his wife, Melania, where we had a pleasant conversation. We politely declined his repeated invitations to attend a New Year’s Eve party, and we were back in our car within 15 minutes.

Mr. Trump also claims that Mika was “bleeding badly from a face-lift.” That is also a lie.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 2nd, 2017 at 5:26:05 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: ams288
You are like the only person on planet earth who takes Donald's word at face value.

His own family probably doesn't.

I only ever worked with someone who lies as much as Donald once in my life. At first you take it at face value. Then after awhile some things are such ridiculous nonsense that it becomes obvious there is a lot of lying.

Then everyone around catches on. It's usually not worth the effort to point it out. So everyone usually just waits for them to quit running their mouth and when they stop, everyone continues talking about whatever they were talking about.

The person becomes totally insignificant. No one respects them. You just wait for them to shut up so everyone with real things to talk about can continue.

Of course, I never had a boss like that. What a nightmare.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 2nd, 2017 at 5:55:28 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
I only ever worked with someone who lies as much as Donald once in my life.
I'm sure the guy is dead by now or I probably wouldn't print this?

I worked remote with an old guy, his handle was "Liar Bill". Nice enough fella, but couldn't seem to tell the truth. Some of his tales people would ask him to tell again, for entertainment purposes, like the one about the 3 pigs he bought at auction.

Anyway, this was back when you could lay old people off for being slow and old. The company came through and laid the two old guys off, Slim Powell and Liar Bill. And because we were union we had a clause that said, "lay off is pay off", meaning in order to terminate someone they had to pay them at that time. Myself and at least two other workers saw Bill's last check, and the company had made a mistake of overpaying both Slim and Bill 12 hours of triple time.

I felt a little sorry for Bill as he would travel the rest of his days telling that story, and no one was going to believe him.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 2nd, 2017 at 9:19:31 PM permalink
Evenbob
Ann Coulter and I finally agree on something.
She loves Trump's Mika tweet and all of his
tweets, she gets it. I usually don't like her
because all she does is complain about
Trump. She's right, he must keep hitting
back at the media or they will bury him.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 3rd, 2017 at 10:48:49 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
John Oliver nails it
Much funnier then Ann Coulter
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 3rd, 2017 at 12:03:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
This explains a lot:

"Journalists' brains show a lower-than-average level of executive functioning, according to a new study, which means they have a below-average ability to regulate their emotions, suppress biases, solve complex problems, switch between tasks, and show creative and flexible thinking."

http://www.businessinsider.com/journalists-brains-function-at-a-lower-level-than-average-2017-5
July 3rd, 2017 at 12:08:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Evenbob
This explains a lot:

"Journalists' brains show a lower-than-average level of executive functioning, according to a new study, which means they have a below-average ability to regulate their emotions, suppress biases, solve complex problems, switch between tasks, and show creative and flexible thinking."

http://www.businessinsider.com/journalists-brains-function-at-a-lower-level-than-average-2017-5

Not exactly the summary of the findings.
July 3rd, 2017 at 12:30:28 PM permalink
rxwine
President Donald Trump Goofy produces more fake news.

Quote:
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump on Monday touted the "great jobs numbers" since he took office — numbers that his own administration's official statistics show aren't all that great.

Trump said in a tweet that "at some point the Fake News will be forced to discuss our great jobs numbers, strong economy" and other successes of his administration.

From February through May — the latest data available — the U.S. economy has created 594,000 net new jobs, according to the Labor Department's Bureau of Labor Statistics. That's fewer than the 659,000 created during the final four months of the Obama administration, which Trump criticized for its job growth.
Although the Bureau of Labor Statistics adjusted its figures for seasonal disparities, such as the increased hiring during the Christmas holiday season, some would argue that a better comparison would be February through May of 2016.

But the numbers under Trump fall short there, too, as the economy added 658,000 jobs during that period.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-touts-great-jobs-numbers-that-arent-so-great/ar-BBDFVk6?li=AA5a8k&ocid=spartanntp