23 members have voted

July 2nd, 2017 at 3:08:40 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Evenbob
Most of Trump's
supporters love his social media posts,
we never want them to stop.

Back that statement up with a fact in regards to posts attacking people bleeding, please. I just don't see it as being true. Everyone in my house and in my circle of friends that supported Trump believe that his social media tweets attack people supposedly bleeding are out of bounds and they wish that he would keep his tweets to attacking issues rather than tweeting stuff like that.

I speak my mind all of the time, but I don't need to go to that level to do it. You can say something negative without being nasty.

Attacking fake news and media bias is fine...but you can post as many times as you want that stuff like that is okay; it still will not make it so.
July 2nd, 2017 at 6:10:31 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Trump won the popular vote if you subtract
the 2-5 million illegals who voted for Hillary.

Whenever the left brings up the popular vote
EB turns to a fantasy
ROTFL
Some on the right just cant deal with facts
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 2nd, 2017 at 7:00:51 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Look at Donald's latest tweet this morning. He's clearly off his meds.

It's an old video of him "beating up" some guy at a WWE match, but they've put the CNN logo over the other guy's head.

It looks more like a cry for attention than anything else to me.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 2nd, 2017 at 7:22:53 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288

It's an old video of him "beating up" some guy at a WWE match, but they've put the CNN logo over the other guy's head.

Whats funny is Trump watches CNN constantly
Its the same old same old everyday with Trump
Watch CNN, whine about CNN
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 2nd, 2017 at 7:31:39 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: ams288

I'm really looking forward to some of the righties who were SOOOO upset with Kathy Griffin to come here and tell us what a brilliant move this was for Donald.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 2nd, 2017 at 8:31:52 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined
Whenever the left brings up the popular vote
EB turns to a fantasy

Not just a fantasy, but a stupid and ridiculous one.

Consider the money, logistics, effort, manpower and dedication it would take to get millions of people to vote illegally, be people residing legally in the country or not. If you're going to do a massive operation like that, it would be for one reason only: to win the general election.

so we're asked to believe this massive, huge, complex operation went 1) without a hitch, 2) completely unnoticed by anyone, and 3) was deployed in states the Democrats were certain to win by wide margins.

Seriously, if you believe this, I need to ask: what do you use for brains?

It's even worse than the conspiracy theory employed by the Democrats in the 2000 election. Back then we were asked to believe that 1) the GOP would know, ahead of time, the exact county where the election would hinge, 2) created a stratagem that depended on badly designed ballots, and 3) deployed it successfully even though democrats controlled the election process in that county.

Again, what do you use for brains?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 2nd, 2017 at 10:12:40 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: Nareed

Consider the money, logistics, effort, manpower and dedication it would take to get millions of people to vote illegally, be people residing legally in the country or not. If you're going to do a massive operation like that, it would be for one reason only: to win the general election.

so we're asked to believe this massive, huge, complex operation went 1) without a hitch, 2) completely unnoticed by anyone, and 3) was deployed in states the Democrats were certain to win by wide margins.

Seriously, if you believe this, I need to ask: what do you use for brains?

It's even worse than the conspiracy theory employed by the Democrats in the 2000 election. Back then we were asked to believe that 1) the GOP would know, ahead of time, the exact county where the election would hinge, 2) created a stratagem that depended on badly designed ballots, and 3) deployed it successfully even though democrats controlled the election process in that county.

Again, what do you use for brains?

I don't think that were was an concerted effort to have illegal ballots cast in the recent election but I am concerned that, with the ease of actually doing it (no ID required, etc.), it could happen and an election--more likely a local one than anything--could be swayed by illegally cast votes. There has to be a way to satisfy all but the most vociferous "they are here, they should be able to vote" lefty and the the most staunch voter suppressionist on the right to support realistic voter identification, voter roll verification, and other measures to cull out those who may be tempted to (or have) voted illegal.

For example, my mother in law died earlier this year. Her name should instantly come of the voter rolls one the death certificate is filed. They can stop Social Security on a dime (thankfully--I did not want it to be paid and then owe it, though my broke ass brother in law flat out asked us not to report her death for a while so money kept coming in...); it should be easy enough to purge the voter rolls. I support voter ID with free IDs for everyone with proper proof of citizenship and I agree we may have to leave some leeway for elderly people...but if a person of any age, sex, religion, etc. can claim government benefits of any kind, it should be easy enough to get them an ID.
July 2nd, 2017 at 11:10:42 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
This whole debate about one man one vote goes back to the founding of the country. The Great Compromise gave up the one man one vote in order to form a country!. It was decided that the country would go ahead if they got 9 states to ratify the consitution. When the first 9 signed, that was only 57% of the population of the 13 colonies. Afterwards VA and NY signed in time to see Washington inaugurated as President, and NC and RI joined shortly after Washington began his presidency.

VT and KY which were not part of the original 13, joined the country before the end of Washington's first term. TN joined near the end of his second term.

Quote: Nareed

So our whole country has existed has existed without the one man one vote policy. And the "winner take all" method of assigning electoral college delegates took another century to become the norm.

It's not particularly shocking that the election would not go to the candidate without the most number of votes. There is no need to resort to conspiracy theories to explain the discrepancy.
July 2nd, 2017 at 11:21:10 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: RonC
in regards to posts attacking people bleeding,

If I have a palace like Trump does, I don't
want some twit who's bleeding from
cosmetic surgery to be anywhere near
my nice things, who would I. He said
it to point out how ridiculous these ego
centered people are, bleeding has nothing
to do with anything as far as a personal
insult goes. Trump was showing how
irresponsible they are.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 2nd, 2017 at 12:17:16 PM permalink
RonC
If I have a palace like Trump does, I don't
want some twit who's bleeding from
cosmetic surgery to be anywhere near
my nice things, who would I. He said
it to point out how ridiculous these ego
centered people are, bleeding has nothing
to do with anything as far as a personal
insult goes. Trump was showing how
irresponsible they are.

By showing how irresponsible he is and sounding irrational on top of it?

I'm beginning to feel like you have some Rose Colored Glasses on when it comes to President Trump. ...Or maybe blinders....