No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

July 11th, 2017 at 4:53:16 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I read the article via the link on Drudge. I think actually seeing the email would be revealing; people saying something exists doesn't necessarily mean that it exists or that it contains the information in the way that they say it does. Unidentified sources can be great, but it would help if there was an actual document so that we could see what was said.

"According to three people with knowledge of the email"...

Perhaps this is AMS288's "smoking gun" or it may be another one of EvenBon's "Nothing burgers"...time will tell.
July 11th, 2017 at 8:16:13 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
I read the article via the link on Drudge. I think actually seeing the email would be revealing; people saying something exists doesn't necessarily mean that it exists or that it contains the information in the way that they say it does. Unidentified sources can be great, but it would help if there was an actual document so that we could see what was said.

"According to three people with knowledge of the email"...

Don Jr. has just released the email in question on twitter. The NYT was about to post them and I guess Don Jr. wanted to scoop them himself.

Don Jr: "and if it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer."

"This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump."
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 11th, 2017 at 8:19:25 AM permalink
ams288
Also:

"I can also send this info to your father via Rhona."

This is not good for the Trumps.
July 11th, 2017 at 8:49:50 AM permalink
ams288
Here is Don Jr.'s first account of the meeting from THREE DAYS AGO:

Which rightie wants to defend this???? LOLOLOLOL
July 11th, 2017 at 9:35:36 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Well, if true, I think it is only a part of how Russia was trying to interfere with and influence our election.

If they didn't actually have incriminating info on HC, they may have been trying to compromise the trump administration after they won.

The right thing to do would have been to get the info, turn it over to the FBI (or CIA?), and turn in the Russians as the source of the info, right? Or turn it over to the agencies right away so they could help with the meetings to find out if they could learn more, like how they came by the information?

Since it doesn't seem like that happened, instead we've got the Russians now who may have been able to threaten the current administration by revealing that they didn't do the right thing. that's the compromised part.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
July 11th, 2017 at 11:15:09 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: ams288
Don Jr. has just released the email in question on twitter. The NYT was about to post them and I guess Don Jr. wanted to scoop them himself.

Don Jr: "and if it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer."

"This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump."

Another brilliant media manipulation by DJT. Can't wait to see how he extracts Jr's head from the noose.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
July 11th, 2017 at 11:55:11 AM permalink
ams288
I can't stop laughing at the righties who pushed the "nothing burger" line yesterday.

We now have documented proof the Trump campaign knew Russia was trying to elect Trump, that they "love it," and that they were trying to direct them when to drop the damaging info ("later in the summer.").

This is collusion.

LOCK THEM UP
July 11th, 2017 at 12:03:05 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Russia News Coverage: We’re Watching People Lose Their Minds

Jr released the email chain on the
latest Russia hysteria, and there's
nothing there, it's a nothing burger
deluxe. CNN and MS are soooo
disappointed, the wind has been
totally knocked from their sails again.
LOLOLOLOL
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 11th, 2017 at 12:06:29 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
I can't stop laughing at the righties who pushed the "nothing burger" line yesterday.

We now have documented proof the Trump campaign knew Russia was trying to elect Trump, that they "love it," and that they were trying to direct them when to drop the damaging info ("later in the summer.").

This is collusion.

LOCK THEM UP

The right are so illogical
I am all for investigations
I was ok with kenneth Starr investigation
Never complained about the endless Benghazi investigation, just yawned.
I
Why is the right such as EB having such a cow over investigating the Trumps?
Let the investigations take their time.
Nobody in DC can be trusted. INVESTIGATE
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 11th, 2017 at 12:36:17 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
The right are so illogical
I am all for investigations
I was ok with kenneth Starr investigation
Never complained about the endless Benghazi investigation, just yawned.
I
Why is the right such as EB having such a cow over investigating the Trumps?
Let the investigations take their time.
Nobody in DC can be trusted. INVESTIGATE

I've supported many investigations but I am wondering if the apparatus used for these investigations works towards getting the truth and prosecuting crimes. Every committee, so it seems, wants to "investigate...not sure how far that gets us. I hope Mueller is conducting a FAIR investigation but his staffing concerns me.

I don't trust anyone in DC.

I do want investigations.