No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

January 3rd, 2018 at 2:54:52 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288
Donald Trump Didn’t Want to Be President

This is a long read, but man is it good...

Thanks for the link.

I don't think I believe the headline, though.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 3rd, 2018 at 3:05:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Shortly after Trump’s inauguration, Wolff says, he was able to take up “something like a semi-permanent seat on a couch in the West Wing” — an idea encouraged by the president himself. Because no one was in a position to either officially approve or formally deny such access, Wolff became “more a constant interloper than an invited guest.” There were no ground rules placed on his access, and he was required to make no promises about how he would report on what he witnessed.

Since then, he conducted more than 200 interviews. In true Trumpian fashion, the administration’s lack of experience and disdain for political norms made for a hodgepodge of journalistic challenges. Information would be provided off-the-record or on deep background, then casually put on the record. Sources would fail to set any parameters on the use of a conversation, or would provide accounts in confidence, only to subsequently share their views widely. And the president’s own views, private as well as public, were constantly shared by others. The adaptation presented here offers a front-row view of Trump’s presidency, from his improvised transition to his first months in the Oval Office.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 3rd, 2018 at 3:43:14 PM permalink
Nareed
At this rate, and with the pissing contest against North Korea, Mexico might be well advised to build a sturdy border wall to keep refugees out.
January 3rd, 2018 at 3:54:59 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Nareed
At this rate, and with the pissing contest against North Korea, Mexico might be well advised to build a sturdy border wall to keep refugees out.

LOL. You should have put it in your Trump jokes thread.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 3rd, 2018 at 4:39:13 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: rxwine
LOL. You should have put it in your Trump jokes thread.

Would that I were joking...
January 4th, 2018 at 5:55:30 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
"You Can’t Make This S--- Up": My Year Inside Trump's Insane White House

Quote:
It was Hicks who, attentive to his lapses and repetitions, urged him to forgo an interview that was set to open the 60 Minutes fall season. Instead, the interview went to Fox News' Sean Hannity who, White House insiders happily explained, was willing to supply the questions beforehand. Indeed, the plan was to have all interviewers going forward provide the questions.

WOW!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 4th, 2018 at 6:25:48 AM permalink
Nareed
"I'll give you this advice because I know you won't take it"

When you're in the bottom of a hole, STOP DIGGING!

https://www.axios.com/axios-am-2522224225.html "Trump may sue Michael Wolff"

Damn, I hope he does. Then all that got left out of the book will go on the public record. People who declined to talk to Wolff might go on record, too. And best of all, the Orange Twit himself will have to give depositions. With so much opportunity for perjury and libel, what is a mean, narcissistic, pathological liar to do?

And it goes without saying sales of the book will skyrocket even more.
January 4th, 2018 at 1:50:23 PM permalink
Nareed
LOL!

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/04/media/michael-wolff-fire-and-fury-book/index.html

Quote:
Wolff's Trump book going on sale four days early amid furor

Isn't it nice when bad things happen to nasty people? I hope the aggravation won't give the Orange Twit a stroke.
January 4th, 2018 at 3:25:45 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I'm gonna buy it tomorrow.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 4th, 2018 at 4:21:47 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
I'm gonna buy it tomorrow.

:-)
Number 1 best seller on Amazon

This reminds me of Bob Knight
Gave John Feinstein access to the locker room.
John wrote Season on the brink and Knight now hates Feinstein
Good read by the way
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"