No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

January 7th, 2018 at 9:39:08 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Wolff has DOZENS of hours of tape backing up what he reported in the book. Almost no one is denying the content itself. They're denying the characterizations and some of the details, like ages of people.

People forget he is the messenger. Not much, if any, is his opinion; he's reporting what he saw and heard.

He said this morning when asked if he slanted it to only report the ugly stuff, and he said no, he withheld most of the worst stuff, but feels he reported what he could of anything good.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 8th, 2018 at 5:07:29 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Donald (the self-proclaimed "stable genius") mixed up the words "consensual" and "consequential" on Twitter last night.

Now that is some funny s**t!

The tweet was deleted and replaced with the "consequential" one shortly after.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 8th, 2018 at 6:04:20 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Donald (the self-proclaimed "stable genius") mixed up the words "consensual" and "consequential" on Twitter last night.

Now that is some funny s**t!

The tweet was deleted and replaced with the "consequential" one shortly after.

What a moron
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 8th, 2018 at 2:27:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Rush said today that the part about
him in the Wolff book is a 100%
made up lie. Nothing even close to
what Wolff wrote happened at the
memorial and funeral of Ailses.

Wolff was there and introduced himself
to Rush and that was it. None of the
stuff Wolff says happened actually took
place. So if he made that up, how much
of the book is 100% made up lies.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 8th, 2018 at 3:18:58 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Got THE BOOK on Kindle
Looking forward to this :-)
Cant wait to read about the moron Trump
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 8th, 2018 at 3:27:49 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined
Cant wait to read about the moron Trump

I thought that's what his Tweeter feed was for :)

Unless it's to spew propaganda for Fox & Friends.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 9th, 2018 at 6:14:59 AM permalink
Nareed
Worth the read:

https://washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/january-february-march-2018/how-to-fix-facebook-before-it-fixes-us/

Quote:
With respect to the election meddling, we shared a few hypotheses based on our knowledge of how Facebook works. We started with a question: Why was Congress focused exclusively on collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign in 2016? The Russian interference, we reasoned, probably began long before the presidential election campaign itself. We hypothesized that those early efforts likely involved amplifying polarizing issues, such as immigration, white supremacy, gun rights, and secession. (We already knew that the California secession site had been hosted in Russia.) We suggested that Trump had been nominated because he alone among Republicans based his campaign on the kinds of themes the Russians chose for their interference.
January 9th, 2018 at 6:59:36 AM permalink
Nareed
Apparently someone forgot to put Trump's pants in a fireproof container:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/manhattan/fire-breaks-trump-tower-roof-article-1.3744249

Hopefully the White House staff takes better precautions.
January 9th, 2018 at 1:21:00 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I will be borrowing quotes and paraphrasing things from this Washington Post article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/01/09/we-got-a-glimpse-of-trump-negotiating-today-it-didnt-go-well/?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.25b39e8b7e5b

At first, it looked like Trump was agreeing to have a clean DACA bill. A clean bill, meaning only one issue, DACA.

Quote: Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.)
What about a clean DACA bill now and a commitment to do comprehensive next?

Quote: Trump
Yeah, I would like to do that. I think a lot of people would like to see that.

that was all fine, until the Republicans pointed out that is NOT what they want. The republicans don't want a clean bill, the want a compromise bill that has daca and border security in it. So Trump had to make another statement

I think a clean DACA bill, to me, is a DACA bill, but we take care of the 800,000 people, But I think, to me, a clean bill is a bill of DACA — we take care of them, and we also take care of security.

So in other words, not a clean bill. It seems that Trump doesn't know what "clean bill" means.

Trump claims to "know all the details" of things, such as healthcare and taxes, but in this quote from the writer of the article
Quote: Aaron Blake
The problem is that every public indication gives us the opposite impression. Trump almost continually moves the goal posts on what he wants, shifts the terms of the debate, and misstates what's actually contained in the legislation that is before Congress.

and another Washington Post person in a tweet
Quote: Josh Dawsey
Just because he says it or agrees to t doesn't mean he will say something totally different later or keep the agreement. Just remember that.

Finally, at the end of the meeting, Trump seemed to say that the border wall thing wasn't a must-have for him:
My position will be what the people in this room come up with

then a little later
I'm not going to say, 'Oh, gee, I want this,' or 'I want that.' I will be signing it.

The point? Trump is not the man that he and his supporters say he is.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 9th, 2018 at 1:24:43 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Just watch the video of Feinstein getting him to agree to a clean DACA bill and the GOP congress guy jumping in to explain to Donald what he was agreeing to.

Donald had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. The man knows nothing.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman