2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

December 11th, 2016 at 7:59:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: TheCesspit
I'd assume the country would be at defcon 1. That'd probably mean the Potus has had more than 4 minutes to decide on their response in a variety of scenarios.

Donald Trump making decisions while the country is at defcon 1 gives you peace of mind? Heh.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 11th, 2016 at 9:43:27 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
Donald Trump making decisions while the country is at defcon 1 gives you peace of mind? Heh.

Nope. I'm just saying, it seems unlikely that it's actually a 4 minute decision.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
December 12th, 2016 at 12:07:00 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

God god yes, far more than Hillary or Barry. You
must be joking. He's a non political decisive
man, not a bought and paid for politician.
Give me a seasoned business man in every
situation over a stinking corrupt to the bone
politician. You've been hoodwinked, you've
been drinking the Kool Aid again.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 12th, 2016 at 12:50:20 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Nope. I'm just saying, it seems unlikely that it's actually a 4 minute decision.

It seems pretty logical to assume that the minimum time would only ever come into play should we be under attack. All other scenarios would not happen that fast...

No President, to include the President-elect when sworn in, is just going to grab the launch codes and set off a nuclear war. It is silly for one to even think that. It is a line of unreasonable thought that shows little actual consideration of the whole issue--and writing things like that is silly and illogical.

Not liking the President-elect is one thing. Thinking he is deranged and unhinged is quite another. Oh course he might screw up, as every recent President has, but he isn't some evil genius who stole the White House. He ran a campaign in public and defeated his opponent.

Even left-leaning NBC is now considering the idea that any possibility of Russian interference may have been to weaken a presumed Clinton Presidency, not to help Trump get elected. It makes more sense in many ways--they'd rather have a weak known President than a strong unknown one, or even just an unknown one. I'm not saying that the Russians did nothing and that we should not fight hard to prevent that from happening again, but how the hell did they know DJT had a chance when NO ONE ELSE did?
December 12th, 2016 at 4:34:01 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
Thinking he is deranged and unhinged is quite another.

Do you know any Presidents who have acted like Donald Trump in public before the whole nation with no shame, Democrat or Republican?

He acts like a 7 year old. And a not a well behaved one. He lies like one too. Blatant obvious statements sometimes, not even good lies.

He's not just in charge of the nuclear codes, he makes serious military decisions.

I take Lincoln's quote seriously: "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a men's character, give him power."

Some would say he lacks sufficient impulse control, so much so, he can't even cover it up in public.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 12th, 2016 at 6:15:37 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I'd assume the country would be at defcon 1. That'd probably mean the Potus has had more than 4 minutes to decide on their response in a variety of scenarios.

I fail to see why everyone's assuming only impending doomsday is reason enough to wake the president.

Suppose there's a terrorist attack in Europe, or some war breaks out in the Middle East, or an Earthquake hits California, or a massive oil spill near the coast, etc. People will expect a at least a statement from the White House when they find out the news in the morning. Is that the kind of thing subordinates should handle by themselves?

And if a war breaks out, say, or there's a terror incident, is that the time when the Orange Man should take an interest in affairs, or does he let the Vice-President handle it? Or does he wait until Putin tells him what to say?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 12th, 2016 at 8:14:12 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
He acts like a 7 year old. And a not a well behaved one. He lies like one too.

If your think this is bad, just wait until the recession hits. We're due for one, and likely it will be far enough into his term he won't be able to plausibly blame it on Obama.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 12th, 2016 at 8:35:58 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Nareed
If your think this is bad, just wait until the recession hits. We're due for one, and likely it will be far enough into his term he won't be able to plausibly blame it on Obama.

So Trump doesn't get to blame Obama for every possible thing that goes wrong during his term as President the way Obama blamed Bush for so long?

Don't start crying, you overly-sensitive Libs, Bush might have been responsible for some things; just not everything. Sometimes, a President just has to decide that his job is to handle the issues in front of him, not to assign blame for them. Let historians figure out the blame assignments. Obama had little understanding of this.
December 12th, 2016 at 8:52:04 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
So Trump doesn't get to blame Obama for every possible thing that goes wrong during his term as President the way Obama blamed Bush for so long?

Nope. He doesn't.

Bush tanked the economy on his way out the door. You can't blame Obama for that (as much as righties would like to).

The economy is doing pretty well at the moment, as much as righties try to pretend it isn't... as soon as Trump takes office they will start singing its praises. Hell, look at EB already crediting Donald with the rising stock market... I never saw him give Obama any credit when it's been rising for most of his time in office....
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 12th, 2016 at 8:57:18 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
OF COURSE Donald has previously angrily tweeted about Obama missing intelligence briefings. The man is a master of projection. Seriously, anything he attacks opponents over, he has done himself (often times to a much worse extent).

9/30/14:
Quote: @realDonaldTrump
Fact--Obama does not read his intelligence briefings nor does he get briefed in person by the CIA or DOD. Too busy I guess!

9/11/12:
Quote: @realDonaldTrump
Priorities--while fundraising and campaigning on our dime, Obama has skipped over 50% of his intel briefings http://wapo.st/PiD36V

Trump Once (Wrongly) Criticized Obama for Not Attending Intel Briefings

It's gonna be a long four years for the righties who defend Donald's actions and tweets no matter how indefensible they are...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman