No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

December 12th, 2016 at 9:28:56 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Nope. He doesn't.

I'm going to blame Obama issue for issue where he failed to lead and something bad happens. I will do the same if and when Trump fails to lead and something bad happens.

Obama just blamed Bush for everything.

Bush tanked the economy on his way out the door. You can't blame Obama for that (as much as righties would like to).

A very shallow and partisan take on the whole thing.

Seems as there may have been many factors involved. Some related to Bush; some not...

"10. Politics. Since the 1980s, bankers and politicians have formed an uneasy alliance. By conditioning the approval of bank mergers on the Community Reinvestment Act, politicians from both sides of the aisle have effectively blackmailed banks into providing loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. While banks and institutional investors absorbed the risks, politicians trumpeted their role in expanding the American dream of homeownership."

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/02/28/25-major-factors-that-caused-or-contributed-to-the.aspx

The economy is doing pretty well at the moment, as much as righties try to pretend it isn't... as soon as Trump takes office they will start singing its praises. Hell, look at EB already crediting Donald with the rising stock market... I never saw him give Obama any credit when it's been rising for most of his time in office....

The Dems were down with the stock market falling when Trump was elected--you do remember the overnight news of falling prices? I guess his election could have caused them to go down but could not have caused any of the gains...

The economy is okay right now; I don't think the average person is doing all that great, though. Employment is better based on the numbers but we all know there is more part time work included. It certainly could be better.
December 12th, 2016 at 9:29:35 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Regarding landslides and mandates etc:

From PewResearchCenter:

Trump's 41 percent approval rating is lower than President Barack Obama’s 72 percent in December 2008 and President George W. Bush’s 50 percent in January 2001 — in the wake of a disputed election. It’s also lower than President Bill Clinton’s 62 percent in January 1993 and President George H.W. Bush’s 65 percent in March 1989.

http://www.people-press.org/2016/12/08/1-views-of-president-elect-trump-and-his-administration/
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 12th, 2016 at 9:42:14 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Dalex64
Regarding landslides and mandates etc:

From PewResearchCenter:

Trump's 41 percent approval rating is lower than President Barack Obama�s 72 percent in December 2008 and President George W. Bush�s 50 percent in January 2001 � in the wake of a disputed election. It�s also lower than President Bill Clinton�s 62 percent in January 1993 and President George H.W. Bush�s 65 percent in March 1989.

http://www.people-press.org/2016/12/08/1-views-of-president-elect-trump-and-his-administration/

Your quotes aren't working too well...pretty hard to read...

There was no landslide.

There was a lot of lost ground across the country on the part of the Democrats.
December 12th, 2016 at 10:15:23 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Nope. He doesn't.

Of course he will.

The thing is to do it credibly.

If a recession starts on, say, August 2018, no one will believe it was Obama's fault. Not well over a year and a half into the Orange Man's term.

Bush managed to blame Bill Clinton for Sept. 11th. I think he got away with that because 1) Bill Clinton wasn't much good at foreign policy and 2) the country did better to unite than to fight about blame just then. It helped Bush tried to empathize first and to promise action second, rather than shrilly yelling "CLINTON'S FAULT!"

Can you guess what trump won't do when he faces a major crisis?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 12th, 2016 at 10:50:01 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: RonC
Your quotes aren't working too well...pretty hard to read...

There was no landslide.

There was a lot of lost ground across the country on the part of the Democrats.

Sorry about that, quote looked fine in the editor.
I believe it is a problem with the underlying PHP module on the forum - it upgraded, but the support for it in the forum did not.

regarding landslide, it is a common refrain from some of the trump supporters here.

cleaned quote:
Trump's 41 percent approval rating is lower than President Barack Obama's 72 percent in December 2008 and President George W. Bush's 50 percent in January 2001 in the wake of a disputed election.
It's also lower than President Bill Clinton's 62 percent in January 1993 and President George H.W. Bush's 65 percent in March 1989.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 12th, 2016 at 11:28:17 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Nareed
Of course he will.

Well, of course Donald will attempt to blame anyone but himself when something goes wrong. And I'm sure righties will join him in blaming Obama if their massive tax cut plan for the rich kills the economy...

When has Donald ever taken responsibility for anything?

Heck, it's Billy Bush's fault he grabs pussies!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 12th, 2016 at 11:47:12 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Dalex64

Trump's 41 percent approval rating is lower than President Barack Obama's .

Does this mean Trump will lose the
election? Oh, wait..

And the recounts are over. WI changed
by just over 60 votes, a judge halted
the recount in MI last week, and today
a judge issued a blistering 31 page
ruling against Stein and her ridiculous
reasons to recount in PA.

"Most importantly, there is no credible evidence that any 'hack' occurred, and compelling evidence that Pennsylvania's voting system was not in any way compromised," Diamond wrote. He also said the lawsuit suffered from a lack of standing, potentially the lack of federal jurisdiction and an "unexplained, highly prejudicial" wait before filing last week's lawsuit, four weeks after the Nov. 8 election..."Dr. Stein has repeatedly stated that she has sought a Pennsylvania recount to ensure that every vote counts," Diamond wrote. "Granting her later than last-minute request for relief, however, could well ensure that no Pennsylvania vote counts. Such a result would be both outrageous and completely unnecessary; as I have found, suspicion of a 'hacked' Pennsylvania election borders on the irrational." http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/12/politics/pennsylvania-recount-blocked-jill-stein/

As the judge points out, the plan was to
file late so none of the electoral votes
would be count on the 19th. Idiotic
plan and a waste of time and money.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 12th, 2016 at 12:06:03 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob

And the recounts are over. WI changed
by just over 60 votes, a judge halted
the recount in MI last week, and today
a judge issued a blistering 31 page
ruling against Stein and her ridiculous
reasons to recount in PA.

The MI recount is the most interesting.

Republicans argued very strongly against it. Their reasoning? "There is no evidence of voter fraud."

Same Republicans are currently attempting to pass strict Voter ID laws in MI. Their reasoning? "VOTER FRAUD!"

Republican hypocrisy at its finest.

I can't wait till the new MI Voter ID law gets challenged in court and the Republicans defending it will have to explain why they said there was no voter fraud in 2016 yet still feel they need this law to combat voter fraud....
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 12th, 2016 at 12:11:29 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Republicans argued very strongly against it. Their reasoning? "There is no evidence of voter fraud."

?????
Wasn't Trump screaming about this for months on end?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 12th, 2016 at 12:14:40 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I can't wait till the new MI Voter ID law gets challenged in court and the Republicans defending it will have to explain why they said there was no voter fraud in 2016 yet still feel they need this law to combat voter fraud....

Easy: "I'm a politician looking for the best interests of my party, your honor. I HAVE to talk out of both sides of my ass."
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER