No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

August 6th, 2018 at 12:44:05 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Just stating what is obvious in this case. Your sword is a marshmello and you're battling a campfire.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 6th, 2018 at 1:07:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Just stating what is obvious in this case. Your sword is a marshmello and you're battling a campfire.

What is obvious is it is far less secure and invites fraud.
The President is a fink.
August 6th, 2018 at 1:32:36 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
What is obvious is it is far less secure and invites fraud.
Example after example has shown Diebold voting machines are produced [I believe originally in Venezuela] with a hackable backdoor.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/mb4ezy/top-voting-machine-vendor-admits-it-installed-remote-access-software-on-systems-sold-to-states
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 6th, 2018 at 2:11:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph
Example after example has shown Diebold voting machines are produced [I believe originally in Venezuela] with a hackable backdoor.

That answer is simple. No voting machine anywhere should ever be of any type. Physical access only.
The President is a fink.
August 7th, 2018 at 7:58:56 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
So the Repub wins in OH, but CNN is saying
what they always say after the Repub wins
in a special election, that it's as good as
a win for the Dems because it was so close.

They're 100% wrong. What is shows is the
Right base is just as fired up as the Left
base, when they could have stayed home
and waited 3 months when these same
exact men run against each other again
in Nov.

It shows that in an off-year election year,
when the party in office is usually lazy,
they come out to the polls and vote.
This was a huge loss for the Dems, and
they know it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 8th, 2018 at 12:23:11 AM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
What is the point of even holding this election so close to November if they are going to do a rerun? Save the taxpayer money and just wait.
August 8th, 2018 at 1:21:19 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Aussie
What is the point of even holding this election so close to November if they are going to do a rerun? Save the taxpayer money and just wait.

Patrick Tiberi resigned as of 15 January. Some states have state laws about what to do for special elections. The number of days from January to November may have exceeded the maximum amount of time under Ohio law that the governor can wait for the general election.

This district has been Democrat for only 2 years since the Great Depression. This is the district that elected John Kasich 9 times in the 1980s and 1990s.

Ohio has 11 Republicans and 4 Democrats and this current vacant seat. In that sense it is similar to Pennsylvania which has 10 Republicans, 6 Democrats, with 2 vacancies (after the resignations of Pat Meehan and Charlie Dent).On April 12, 2018 in PA, Conor Lamb, a Democrat, took control of a district bordering Ohio which was traditionally Republican.

If the Democrats can win this election after the PA election, they will be singing about it all the way to November.

I don't think Kasich has a lot to lose. If the Democrats get control of the congressional districts in both Ohio and Pennsylvania, I think Kasich may try and run against Trump in the primaries in 2020.

Kasich refused to support 2016 Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and he did not attend the RNC which was held in his state; he reported that he voted for U.S. Senator and former 2008 Republican presidential nominee John McCain.
August 8th, 2018 at 2:33:04 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob

they know it.

The media keeps trying to play it that Trump voters are "sorry" they voted for him and can't wait to vote Dem in November. Nothing could be further from the truth. Trump rallies still fill to capacity and people are turned away. I have not met one person who said they are "sorry" for voting for Trump. If anything, they are surprised how effective he has been.

Limbaugh brought up how silly the media sounds about this thing where voters supposedly vote one way then get upset and want to "check" the guy they were fired up over two years before so vote the other party. It doesn't happen! People who voted Trump are not all of the sudden saying, "this guy is not what I wanted. I want open borders, I want higher taxes. I think we should give away college education for free!"

Democrats are just running on Trump hatred. That will only take you so far.

Quote: Pacomartin

I don't think Kasich has a lot to lose. If the Democrats get control of the congressional districts in both Ohio and Pennsylvania, I think Kasich may try and run against Trump in the primaries in 2020.

Kasich refused to support 2016 Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and he did not attend the RNC which was held in his state; he reported that he voted for U.S. Senator and former 2008 Republican presidential nominee John McCain.

He is a sore loser who seems to be making a resume to get a gig as a regular CNN guest. Those regulars make a decent living. I once saw the inside number. Low to mid six figures 13 years ago.
The President is a fink.
August 8th, 2018 at 4:15:10 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
So the Repub wins in OH, but CNN is saying
what they always say

You watch more CNN than any liberal I know...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 8th, 2018 at 6:20:00 AM permalink
AZDuffman

they know it.

Alyssa Milano Blames Russians for loss!

Yeah, the Green Party is the Russians!