No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

August 1st, 2018 at 5:42:30 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Massachusetts woman enraged by Trump bumper sticker intentionally rammed into car, police say

Trump Derangement Syndrome just gets worse and worse. How long before the lefties get seriously violent?
The President is a fink.
August 3rd, 2018 at 12:36:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
If the Europeans, China, Canada and not sure who else simply don't make a deal on tariffs for 3 months. They win. Unless they also have an election in 3 months.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 3rd, 2018 at 12:49:55 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Rabidly Lib columnist Neil Steinberg
wrote this after being at the Trump
rally in IL. Some Libs are finally
starting to get it:

"But hearing him, I better understood his appeal. He has a vulnerable charm, at times a humanity. He pandered shamelessly to his audience.

“We need steel,” he said. “We need steel plants. And to see an old, big monster plant like this re-opening — that is an honor. I look at the faces of you people; I could be one of you. I like you guys. I could be one of you.”

That struck me as either sincere or an amazing facsimile. The workers, for their part, couldn’t give him a standing ovation because they never sat down.

I left the hall thinking: Donald Trump is going to be re-elected in 2020. The Democrats don’t have anyone who can touch him. Bank on it. Don’t hate me for being the one to tell you."
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 3rd, 2018 at 1:13:20 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
If the Europeans, China, Canada and not sure who else simply don't make a deal on tariffs for 3 months. They win. Unless they also have an election in 3 months.

Yup
Look at China
Their leaders will still hold absolute power in 3 months so they are yawning regarding tariffs
They know that Trump will probably be a very weakened president in a few months
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 3rd, 2018 at 1:22:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
Rabidly Lib columnist Neil Steinberg
wrote this after being at the Trump
rally in IL. Some Libs are finally
starting to get it:

I left the hall thinking: Donald Trump is going to be re-elected in 2020. The Democrats don’t have anyone who can touch him. Bank on it. Don’t hate me for being the one to tell you."

It is inevitable that a few libs start to get it. Trump is sincere and connects with his voters. And he is getting results.

Look at the deal he got with the EU. Now he is isolating China. Why should we be afraid of China? Some other place will work cheap and love pollution. Or better yet many of the jobs come back here. Probably a combination.

I was listening to Rush on the way from the courthouse and there were TWO ads looking for applicants during the same commercial break. One a car dealer looking for techs, another a temp employment firm looking to place people. Those ads probably cost $500-1,000 each. Shows how bad they need people to advertise like that.

Liberals meanwhile think we care more about illegal aliens getting separated from their kids while in holding.
The President is a fink.
August 3rd, 2018 at 1:55:09 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
Shows how bad they need people to advertise like that..

I read that companies who use
employment agencies are firing
the ones that have rigid standards
and are hiring the agencies that
will just send them a halfway
educated warm body.

A trucking firm just hired an 85
year old over the road driver and
they were glad to get him. They're
that desperate.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 3rd, 2018 at 2:00:32 PM permalink
AZDuffman
I read that companies who use
employment agencies are firing
the ones that have rigid standards
and are hiring the agencies that
will just send them a halfway
educated warm body.

A trucking firm just hired an 85
year old over the road driver and
they were glad to get him. They'ret
that desperate.

I’ve heard of agencies firing clients who have impossible standards. Also heard emmployers are dropping education requirements like a college degree for jobs where it isn’t necessary. That is a real good thing as probably over 80% of jobs don’t really need it but employers have asked because they could.
The President is a fink.
August 3rd, 2018 at 2:24:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
That is a real good thing as probably over 80% of jobs don’t really need it but employers have asked because they could.

Companies hire employment agencies
because weeding out the riff raff is a
dept in itself and it's more cost efficient
to hire somebody to do the vetting.
We're almost back to the days when
you could walk in off the street and
get a job at a major corp.
August 3rd, 2018 at 3:08:22 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Companies hire employment agencies
because weeding out the riff raff is a
dept in itself and it's more cost efficient
to hire somebody to do the vetting.
We're almost back to the days when
you could walk in off the street and
get a job at a major corp.

It is great for low skill hires sometimes. When I was consulting at the laundry we had to fire a kid after one day. All he had to do was sort colors. He couldn’t do it.
The President is a fink.
August 3rd, 2018 at 6:01:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
PORTLAND, Maine — The now-disbanded voting integrity commission launched by the Trump administration uncovered no evidence to support claims of widespread voter fraud, according to an analysis of administration documents released Friday.

In a letter to Vice President Mike Pence and Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, who are both Republicans and led the commission, Maine Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap said the documents show there was a "pre-ordained outcome" and that drafts of a commission report included a section on evidence of voter fraud that was "glaringly empty."

Quote:
The Trump administration last month complied with a court order to turn over documents from the voting integrity commission to Dunlap. The commission met just twice and has not issued a report.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/report-trump-commission-did-not-find-widespread-voter-fraud/ar-BBLsRrl?ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?