2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

August 5th, 2018 at 2:19:15 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: SOOPOO
We are like 20 trillion in debt. I'd gladly add to it to have a national ID card, free to all. Whatever system they use to get me my passport, use that to give everyone an ID. If someone can't make it into the office, send an "ID bus" to their house, nursing home, hospital bed, etc...

I believe voter fraud would be diminished substantially from present levels, and I believe present levels are already very low. The murder rate is also very low, but that doesn't mean we don't enact rules to decrease it.
In the states I've previously registered and voted in, Alaska and Wash., I always showed i.d. at the voting facility. No problem. I would go in, they would ask who I was, look me up on the registration rolls, I would show photo id, and vote. I don't recall what I had to do to get absentee ballot, but I've done that a few times. I don't recall having to show much proof of ID to get my absentee ballot?

From my personal experience, I thought showing ID to vote, was just the way it is? And I see zero problem with it. What gets me is, right now there is plenty of time for anyone that wants to vote, to register and get some acceptable ID, instead of waiting until the day before or the day of and screaming discrimination.

I also don't get the long lines and crowded voting places either. I think there is no reason why voters can't start to vote days early, and just count as usual. No reason to have traffic jams of people trying to get in.

As far as ID goes, for those that for some reason have gotten this far in life without proper ID, I would think that many of them could use their criminal record and mug shot for ID.

How did these people get through school without ID? If people are to poor to afford ID, I would think most receive some kind of state aid, do they get food stamps without ID?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 5th, 2018 at 10:40:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Finally. Saw an old guy, a former cabinet
member under Bush Sr, don't remember
his name. They asked him why the Left
is going so nuts over Trump.

He said he's been friends with a lot
of Dems for decades. They tell him
privately, in confidence, that it has
nothing to do with what the media
tells us. The truth is, the Dems and
media are terrified of Trump because
what he's doing is working.

A booming economy, success in
foreign relations, unemployment
at record lows. Obama was so bad,
so incompetent, he might have hurt
the party for decades. Trump is
making Obama look like the fool
he was, and the Dems have to get
rid of him at all costs. With every
success, it just reminds everybody
of what a joke 8 years of Obama
was. Nobody wants to go back
to his 'new normal'.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 6th, 2018 at 2:52:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph

From my personal experience, I thought showing ID to vote, was just the way it is? And I see zero problem with it. What gets me is, right now there is plenty of time for anyone that wants to vote, to register and get some acceptable ID, instead of waiting until the day before or the day of and screaming discrimination.

I also don't get the long lines and crowded voting places either. I think there is no reason why voters can't start to vote days early, and just count as usual. No reason to have traffic jams of people trying to get in.

As far as ID goes, for those that for some reason have gotten this far in life without proper ID, I would think that many of them could use their criminal record and mug shot for ID.

How did these people get through school without ID? If people are to poor to afford ID, I would think most receive some kind of state aid, do they get food stamps without ID?

Ah, but it is too simple to just tell people to register ahead of time.

As to "getting ID" everyone already has one.

I still don't see the need to vote early. Just properly staff polling places.

It is about allowing voter fraud.
The President is a fink.
August 6th, 2018 at 2:54:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob

He said he's been friends with a lot
of Dems for decades. They tell him
privately, in confidence, that it has
nothing to do with what the media
tells us. The truth is, the Dems and
media are terrified of Trump because
what he's doing is working.

For sure that is why they are against a border wall. Trump has the right idea on illegal immigration. Make life for illegal aliens so bad that word filters back, then others decide not to try it.
The President is a fink.
August 6th, 2018 at 10:29:47 AM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: AZDuffman
Ah, but it is too simple to just tell people to register ahead of time.
It's probably racist to.

Quote:
As to "getting ID" everyone already has one.
I thought that has been a big argument, that poor folk couldn't afford ID, that's why I suggested they could use their prison record and mugshot.

Quote:
I still don't see the need to vote early. Just properly staff polling places.
It was frustrating being in Alaska, by the time we could vote, the results were so heavily suggested, the winner was a foregone conclusion. If Ak, and HI, were allowed to vote the day before and the tabulation kept secret, those people could feel like they were more a part of the process. When polls then open for real on the East Coast, the results from those two states could look important for a few hours. just sayin

Quote:
It is about allowing voter fraud.
I'm more worried about candidate fraud personally. "Candidates aren't really who they claim they are"
August 6th, 2018 at 10:38:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph

It was frustrating being in Alaska, by the time we could vote, the results were so heavily suggested, the winner was a foregone conclusion. If Ak, and HI, were allowed to vote the day before and the tabulation kept secret, those people could feel like they were more a part of the process. When polls then open for real on the East Coast, the results from those two states could look important for a few hours. just sayin

I can see both ways there. It is frustrating, but the results would be the same no matter if you heard the results from the east or not.
The President is a fink.
August 6th, 2018 at 11:41:28 AM permalink
petroglyph
I can see both ways there. It is frustrating, but the results would be the same no matter if you heard the results from the east or not.
How many stayed home when they saw HRC's early apparent lead? AK, is usually dyed in the wool Rep. Letting them vote before the election is decided [I'm sure HI thinks similarly] might make them feel more included in the country's democratic processes? Up north they even refer to the lower 48 as, the lower 48, or "south america".
August 6th, 2018 at 12:14:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I still don't see the need to vote early.

This is like me believing everyone will suddenly start embracing gun control. That won't happen, and this won't either. People who get early days to vote won't want to give it up. People who come from states who had it, will want it in their new states, not the other way around. Might as well wish the moon won't ever show up again.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 6th, 2018 at 12:17:08 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Besides that, multiple voting days is more freedom, and libertarian in principle.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 6th, 2018 at 12:39:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Besides that, multiple voting days is more freedom, and libertarian in principle.

And less security and more chance for voter fraud.

It is called Election DAY! Not week, not month. If it was for concert tickets or Air Jordan Day you can bet the same people would have little problem making 30 minutes.
The President is a fink.