No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

September 11th, 2019 at 6:22:57 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I saw it on my news feed, from CNN. They reported that the Republican won, barely, in a district that voted strongly for Trump and has historically been strongly Republican.

It doesn't surprise me to see a win, no matter how narrow, to be celebrated and regarded as vindication by the conservatives, no matter how invalid that opinion is.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
September 11th, 2019 at 7:01:08 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: reno
In 2004, George W Bush won North Carolina's 9th District with 63%.

Last night, Dan Bishop won North Carolina's 9th District with 50.7%. Congratulations, you did great.
lol

He explained it to you twice, yet you wrote the same reply again proving that you have no clue what his original point was. 😂
September 11th, 2019 at 7:04:12 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
This is what has the Dems chewing nails
today. The Dem was supposed to win
big and be the signal for Trump's loss
next year. But the Dem lost. Uh Oh..

Literally no one was predicting the Dem to “win big.” If he did win in that deep red district, it was always gonna be a squeaker.

If you didn’t have to always make stuff up to try to prove how popular Donald is, people might actually believe some of the crap you post.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 11th, 2019 at 9:57:57 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: ams288
Literally no one was predicting the Dem to “win big.” If he did win in that deep red district, it was always gonna be a squeaker.

If you didn’t have to always make stuff up to try to prove how popular Donald is, people might actually believe some of the crap you post.

We must read or watch different news sources as the Dem in NC was ahead by 17 points 3 weeks ago and the MSM pundits were cooing about it
Then, three weeks ago POTUS Trump and VP Pence campaigned for the Rep candidate
This was not an expected result based on the MSM projections leading up to the eelction
YMMV
September 12th, 2019 at 4:45:33 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: aceofspades
We must read or watch different news sources as the Dem in NC was ahead by 17 points 3 weeks ago and the MSM pundits were cooing about it
This was not an expected result based on the MSM projections leading up to the eelction
YMMV

Source?

To think that anyone was saying a Dem was ahead by +17 in a district Donald and Mitt Romney won by +10-12 seems a bit... fake news-y.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 12th, 2019 at 6:36:56 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
YMMV

Source????????
This sounds like fake news
A dem ahead by 17 points in Trump country???????? Sounds absurd
Where do you come up with this junk Ace?
Maybe the old joke is true. How can you tell when a lawyer is lying? His lips are moving
Whats next Ace, gonna go Qanon on us and claim Trump and Mueller are working together? Yup, the crazy qanon's believe this
lol
Ace, are you Qanon?
These people are nuts
Only a dumb Qanon clown would believe a Dem was ahead by 17 points in Trump country
https://www.scmp.com/news/world/united-states-canada/article/2157902/bizarre-qanon-conspiracy-theorists-emerge-internet
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 12th, 2019 at 7:34:21 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: ams288
Source?

To think that anyone was saying a Dem was ahead by +17 in a district Donald and Mitt Romney won by +10-12 seems a bit... fake news-y.

Well, as a gentleman, I will admit I was wrong about the 17% but Bishop's internal polls had him down by 14%
And yes, MSM claimed (you can Google it) that the REp's were in a panic over this

As for Terpained and his ad hominem attacks - I shall not respond
September 12th, 2019 at 8:15:20 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Well, as a gentleman, I will admit I was wrong about the 17% but Bishop's internal polls had him down by 14%
And yes, MSM claimed (you can Google it) that the REp's were in a panic over this

As for Terpained and his ad hominem attacks - I shall not respond

I found the 17 point source
Trump, not MSM
ROTFL
I would never use Trump as a news source. The guy is a compulsive liar.
From the Charlotte Observer

"“Dan Bishop was down 17 points 3 weeks ago,” the president tweeted. “He then asked me for help, we changed his strategy together, and he ran a great race.”

Polls, however, showed the race close up to the end.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/election/article234964057.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 12th, 2019 at 1:30:15 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
It boggles my mind that Liz Cheney showers Trump with praise even though Trump has repeatedly accused her father's administration of committing fraud & treason. (Just like Ted Cruz pretends to like Trump even after Trump accused Ted Cruz's father of being involved in killing JFK.)

Here's a classic Trump interview from 2008:

Quote: CNN
Wolf Blitzer: “Nancy Pelosi, the speaker?”

Donald Trump: “Well, you know, when she first got in and was named speaker, I met her. And I’m very impressed by her. I think she’s a very impressive person. I like her a lot. But I was surprised that she didn’t do more in terms of Bush and going after Bush. It was almost — it just seemed like she was going to really look to impeach Bush and get him out of office, which, personally, I think would have been a wonderful thing.”

Blitzer: “Impeaching him?”

Trump: “Absolutely, for the war, for the war.”

Blitzer: “Because of the conduct of the war.”

Trump: “Well, he lied. He got us into the war with lies. And, I mean, look at the trouble Bill Clinton got into with something that was totally unimportant. And they tried to impeach him, which was nonsense. And yet, Bush got us into this horrible war with lies, by lying, by saying they had weapons of mass destruction, by saying all sorts of things that turned out not to be true.”

Blitzer: “Their argument is, they weren’t lying, that that was the intelligence that he was presented, and it was not as if he was just lying about it.”

Trump: “I don’t believe that.”

That was in 2008. In 2016, Trump said this about Bush & Cheney: “I want to tell you, they lied. They said there were weapons of mass destruction. There were none. And they knew there were none.”

The GOP threw George W Bush under the bus, they want nothing to do with him. Bush didn't attend the 2008, 2012, or 2016 Republican Conventions. That's fine with me. My only question is if the GOP will do the same thing to Trump in 2024, 2028, and 2032.
September 12th, 2019 at 1:36:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: reno
It boggles my mind that Liz Cheney showers Trump with praise even though Trump has repeatedly accused her father's administration of committing fraud & treason. (Just like Ted Cruz pretends to like Trump even after Trump accused Ted Cruz's father of being involved in killing JFK.)

Here's a classic Trump interview from 2008:

That was in 2008. In 2016, Trump said this about Bush & Cheney: “I want to tell you, they lied. They said there were weapons of mass destruction. There were none. And they knew there were none.”

The GOP threw George W Bush under the bus, they want nothing to do with him. Bush didn't attend the 2008, 2012, or 2016 Republican Conventions. That's fine with me. My only question is if the GOP will do the same thing to Trump in 2024, 2028, and 2032.

Big deal. It’s called looking to the future not the past. As to Trump in case you haven’t noticed the GOP did not want him at 2016. They’d rather lose with an establishment approved candidate than win with a man of the people.
The President is a fink.