No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

January 12th, 2023 at 4:01:23 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
In more important Trump news, he has agreed to turn over his classified documents! They are being Fed Ex’d to a secure location. They will be on the right side of Biden’s Corvette, as there are already too many documents clogging up the left side.

Think how lucky Biden is!!!! He would be subject to scorn and ridicule except that people still give him the ‘he’s not as bad as Trump’ excuse!
January 12th, 2023 at 4:08:00 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Think how lucky Biden is!!!! He would be subject to scorn and ridicule except that people still give him the ‘he’s not as bad as Trump’ excuse!

But in this case, it’s true isn’t it?

Like, there is no comparison here… (except maybe on Fox News and in kenarman’s mind). Donny’s case is so much more damning.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 12th, 2023 at 4:17:05 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: ams288
But in this case, it’s true isn’t it?

Like, there is no comparison here… (except maybe on Fox News and in kenarman’s mind). Donny’s case is so much more damning.

Of course that is true. If Trump just said ‘I had these documents at Mar A Lago to refer to when I was working on blah blah blah. Now that I am not in need I will be returning them to the Archives ASAP.” it goes away.

But Biden/ his handlers effed up too. Like I said, if he had just done this without the available Trump comparison, it would just indicate bad judgment, bad procedure, bad everything. To my knowledge this never happened to Obama/Bush/Clinton/Bush etc….
January 12th, 2023 at 5:23:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I don't imagine any President checks out the top secret documents, as in signs for them. There has to be an intermediary of some sort who does and brings them back. And if that is true such a person should also be keep tracking of what records are still out. And be checking back on and off until they are returned.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 13th, 2023 at 3:38:27 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Incorrect. At present there is no De Facto Republican nominee for President

Incorrect. Trump is NOT the betting favorite. Go to Predictit. Last I checked DeSantis was at 40%, Trump at 30%. That’s less than a 1/3 chance of Trump being the nominee.

So other than being 100% wrong, your post is fine.

I said he was the odds favorite before declaring and currently the only declared canidate. This is 100% true. I don't understand why this is controversial. The odds now may have changed, but the combination of the odds and being declared is what matters.

It's the party of Trump, which makes him the De Facto nominee.
January 13th, 2023 at 7:14:13 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Gandler
I said he was the odds favorite before declaring and currently the only declared canidate. This is 100% true. I don't understand why this is controversial. The odds now may have changed, but the combination of the odds and being declared is what matters.

It's the party of Trump, which makes him the De Facto nominee.

Time will tell. DeFacto implies ‘in reality’, which to me is INCORRECT in calling Trump the De Facto nominee. I would say he is the De Facto NON nominee. I assert there is no DeFacto nominee now, but if I HAD to name one, it would be DeSantis.
January 13th, 2023 at 8:44:23 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
If I had to guess I’d say Donny will NOT be the 2024 nominee. (Not willing to bet any money on that - he very well could be!)

Really depends on if it’s a crowded primary. More candidates = better chance Donny is the nominee. If it’s just Big Tits DeSantis running against him, he could coalesce all the anti-Trump voters in his favor and get the nomination.

But the primary would still be a bloodbath between the two of them and I think Donny could really damage him, Jeb!-style. Fingers crossed!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 13th, 2023 at 9:22:36 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Time will tell. DeFacto implies ‘in reality’, which to me is INCORRECT in calling Trump the De Facto nominee. I would say he is the De Facto NON nominee. I assert there is no DeFacto nominee now, but if I HAD to name one, it would be DeSantis.

That may be true, I feel like we are getting bogged down with terminology. I accept the current odds and am not disputing that. But, the fact that he has not declared or even committed to declaring does matter. We know Trump is running so it is fair to talk about Trump's positions.

I also agree with the point that the more canidates that come foward the better for Trump. Of course you can't stop people from running, but if the GOP does not want Trump (which if they have Amy sanity left should be their stance), they are best with one strong canidate against him. If there ends up being over ten, I think it will be Trump. If it ends up being over 20 it will easily be Trump.
January 13th, 2023 at 6:02:55 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Gandler
That may be true, I feel like we are getting bogged down with terminology. I accept the current odds and am not disputing that. But, the fact that he has not declared or even committed to declaring does matter. We know Trump is running so it is fair to talk about Trump's positions.

I also agree with the point that the more canidates that come foward the better for Trump. Of course you can't stop people from running, but if the GOP does not want Trump (which if they have Amy sanity left should be their stance), they are best with one strong canidate against him. If there ends up being over ten, I think it will be Trump. If it ends up being over 20 it will easily be Trump.

I want my ‘lie detector’ test. Pick 100 Trump supporters, and ask them ‘Can Trump beat Biden in 2024’. I bet even those misguided enough to be Trump supporters are not necessarily stupid enough to think he can win.
January 13th, 2023 at 7:06:50 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I want my ‘lie detector’ test. Pick 100 Trump supporters, and ask them ‘Can Trump beat Biden in 2024’. I bet even those misguided enough to be Trump supporters are not necessarily stupid enough to think he can win.

Of course they are stupid enough to think he can win.
In their eyes, he won 2020. Trump never lost and will win again
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"