Visa Ban

February 2nd, 2017 at 4:00:21 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: buzzardknot
“You do not take a person who, for years, has been hobbled by chains and liberate him, bring him up to the starting line of a race,” President Lyndon B. Johnson said in a 1965 speech that laid the groundwork for affirmative action, “and then say, ‘You are free to compete with all the others,’ and still justly believe that you have been completely fair.”

Just how uncomfortable are you ?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/14/sunday-review/rethinking-affirmative-action.html

I don't know how "uncomfortable" he is but I can say I am completely against the idea and always have been. It is just a spoils system to make blacks think they need help and keep voting for the people who give it to them. It has done nothing but cause bad blood between the races.

It has been around 50 years now and if you even hint that it needs to end the usual rent-a-mob shows up to say how blacks are still somehow incapable without it.

15 or so years ago, SCOTUS put a "20 year expiration date" on the idea. You can bet the liberal wing of the court will say we need another 20 years if a case worms its way to the SCOTUS again.
The President is a fink.
February 2nd, 2017 at 4:25:53 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
I can say I am completely against the idea and always have been..

Cool
I agree with Buzz and AZ :-)

I don't always agree with Libs. I am an independent thinker
The question is
Does AZ agree with every single Trump action and twitter statement?
Does Buzz agree with every single Trump action and twitter statement?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 2nd, 2017 at 4:33:46 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: terapined

He never said he did.
The President is a fink.
February 2nd, 2017 at 5:15:50 AM permalink
terapined
He never said he did.

I responded to Buzz
I am AGAINST affirmative action

I am an independent thinker.
I don't automatically lean left on every single issue

I am asking a question
this is a very simple question

Does Buzz agree with every single Trump action and twitter statement?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 2nd, 2017 at 5:19:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman

For the second time in an hour.

He never said he did.
The President is a fink.
February 2nd, 2017 at 5:36:08 AM permalink
terapined
For the second time in an hour.

He never said he did.

Where do you or Buzz disagree with Trump?
February 2nd, 2017 at 6:31:11 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Where do you or Buzz disagree with Trump?

I would like the tweets to tone down a bit now that he is in office, though this might already be happening.

The muslim ban needs to be wider.

I am more interested in just a pure originalist for SCOTUS then overturning Roe vs. Wade.

I would prefer that he pack up and leave Afghanistan tomorrow. 16 years is too long with no good result.

I don't have any major policy issues with him yet. Note that the question was about "supporting everything" not how much I disagree with him. I don't blindly support everything a POTUS does. OTOH, I can say I have pretty much liked most everything he has done so far. I also like how he gets his agenda done. While liberals were wetting their panties over the muslim travel restrictions, he signed the E.O. for "one in, two out" on regulations. Totally diverted their attention while something probably even more important was signed.
The President is a fink.
February 2nd, 2017 at 7:10:50 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Who said I was against Affirmative Action ???? Surprised to know that you are a racist on that issue !
February 2nd, 2017 at 7:20:34 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Who said I was against Affirmative Action ???? Surprised to know that you are a racist on that issue !

Wouldn't being in favor of Affirmative Action which favors based on race be the racist position?
The President is a fink.
February 2nd, 2017 at 7:28:41 AM permalink
terapined

I am against affirmative action
What is your position Buzz?