No votes (0%)
1 vote (12.5%)
No votes (0%)

8 members have voted

May 7th, 2017 at 11:46:35 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
My Gf is willing to bet that KJU is dead by this time next year, and it will be at the hands of the US gov. Does anyone here agree that the US would actively try to assassinate him?

I don't believe NK is in much position to do much worse with a new terrible leader, so it might be worth a go. It still has to look like an accident or illness.

They just mentioned not long ago, there is a classification above top secret. I would suspect illegal but possibly beneficial assassination plots would be info for only the fewest to know. And then classified for 50 years.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 7th, 2017 at 11:47:00 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
My Gf is willing to bet that KJU is dead by this time next year, and it will be at the hands of the US gov. Does anyone here agree that the US would actively try to assassinate him?

I don't see the USA trying to clip him and if he does die NK is not falling to the USA. I do not see China putting up with that, at best I could see China allowing a WWII-German "zone" system with the USA. To take out a leader like that is tough. It is tougher in a place like NK where you can't easily blend in while you figure out how you are going to do it. Legally it is prohibited.

Then back to my position all thru the thread. What happens after?
The President is a fink.
May 7th, 2017 at 11:49:37 AM permalink
rxwine
Also, it's my impression every time we get involved in other nation's affairs, there's a good chance it completely backfires on us. NO matter the intention, so there's also that risk.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 7th, 2017 at 2:03:16 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: rxwine
They just mentioned not long ago, there is a classification above top secret. I would suspect illegal but possibly beneficial assassination plots would be info for only the fewest to know. And then classified for 50 years.

There is a fine line here. As I understand it, you can't legally shoot someone with a gun, but you can legally drop a bomb on his residence even if you know he is at home.

Assassinations seem like an easy way to solve political problems, but they seldom work by themselves. KJU might very well have a cell overseas somewhere whose sold job it is to release a biological weapon upon his death.
May 7th, 2017 at 3:00:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Kim has more to worry about from his
own people. Koreans are among the
smartest in the world, they aren't
all fooled by fat boys propaganda.
There are some that want an
overthrow very badly and want
him dead far more than we do.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 7th, 2017 at 3:05:53 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Kim has more to worry about from his
own people. Koreans are among the
smartest in the world, they aren't
all fooled by fat boys propaganda.
There are some that want an
overthrow very badly and want
him dead far more than we do.

Are you kidding? The entire country is brainwashed and in fear of him and their government.
The President is a fink.
May 7th, 2017 at 5:49:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Are you kidding? The entire country is brainwashed and in fear of him and their government.

I'm sure the fear is tangible to everyone. Not sure even N. Korea is tight enough to completely contain information from the all the people all the time.

But it may be the most information controlled society in modern history and have the fewest percentage of people who know enough to be considered informed beyond doctrine.
May 7th, 2017 at 6:56:45 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
The entire country is brainwashed and in fear of him and their government.
There is a trans-border traffic in merchandise and video tapes of "the outside world" and of Korean starvation, etc.

All those stores with grand merchandise are for display only, there are few goods actually for sale.

As to what we should do? Strike simultaneously at North Korea, Iran, Syria, etc. One fell swoop. They had their chance to Westernize, they didn't so now they die. Simple.
May 7th, 2017 at 7:01:08 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Are you kidding? .

As in every society, there are always those
ahead of the curve. Koreans are not dopes,
while the majority are duped, there is
always a % that has to run things, that
are privy to outside info and are able
to think for themselves. They have
to number in the thousands in a country
of millions like N Korea. It's a risk
every dictator has to take, he can't run it
all himself, he has to trust many many
others. It's usually their downfall.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 7th, 2017 at 7:26:22 PM permalink
rxwine
It's possible there have even been internal assassination attempts. (all foiled).

You have to be willing to die, and perhaps die horribly to try that. Plus two generations of your family gets imprisoned or executed.