United Drags Passenger from Plane

Page 11 of 13« First<8910111213>
April 24th, 2017 at 12:29:05 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Strollers are nuisance items and it trips the unwary because they jut out just a tad bit into the aisle and few see them.

I'm sure the steward had no intention of butting the passenger but these things do happen with unweildy items particularly if someone is trying to edge by at the time.

Almost hit my little brat in the head? Oh, dry up. YOU brought an unweildy stroller on board. YOU didn't place it in the aisle for him to lift securely.

These things happen. What's the big deal?
April 27th, 2017 at 12:26:07 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: ams288
As I said yesterday: he's going to get lots of $$$$$$$ from United because of all of this. It's not going to go to trial. United will try to make it go away as quickly and quietly as possible.

AHEM....

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 27th, 2017 at 5:11:09 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
AHEM....

What a surprise! As I said, this was a slam dunk. No way were they ever going to try to defend this one in court.
April 28th, 2017 at 1:46:19 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Aussie
What a surprise! As I said, this was a slam dunk. No way were they ever going to try to defend this one in court.
They should have.
April 28th, 2017 at 7:48:33 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Aussie

He can still sue the department responsible for sending in security to remove him. Since they don't depend on goodwill from the public to operate, they'll fight it in court.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 5th, 2017 at 7:29:21 AM permalink
Nareed
And now it's Delta's turn.

Let's begin with some facts, as sketchy as they are right now:

A family travelling with at least one toddler was told they had to give up the toddler's seat for another passenger. The family says they paid for the seat, so they were entitled to keep it.

Now, reports say they did pay for the seat, but for another of their children. Reports say this child is a teenager and took an earlier flight. If so, then the seat wasn't for the toddler, and the person whose ticket it was did not board the plane. Thus Delta is within their rights to assign it to another passenger (unless the family checked the toddler in and got a boarding pass for him, even if under the wrong name).

Where Delta erred was in having their personnel threaten the family with arrest.

That's exactly the same big, fat whopper of a blunder United indulged in last month: trying to make a customer service matter into a criminal/legal issue. That's what's really, really wrong in many of these viral stories. I have to assume similar situations arise nearly every week, but most are resolved without escalating into a criminal matter where none truly exists.
May 5th, 2017 at 7:36:09 AM permalink
Fleastiff
It seems teh parents did inform the airline that they were not surrendering their ticket but were going to use it for their toddler rather than their teenager, so that airline knew the situation and intent of the parents but may not have entered that data into their computer system.
May 5th, 2017 at 8:02:11 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Fleastiff
It seems teh parents did inform the airline that they were not surrendering their ticket but were going to use it for their toddler rather than their teenager, so that airline knew the situation and intent of the parents but may not have entered that data into their computer system.

Is that ever legal?

I thought the law says that once a ticket is bought for someone, that ticket is for that person only and cannot be transferred to anyone else under any circumstances?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 5th, 2017 at 8:06:58 AM permalink
Nareed
I thought the law says that once a ticket is bought for someone, that ticket is for that person only and cannot be transferred to anyone else under any circumstances?

Many airlines let you transfer a ticket to someone else (change of name), often for an exorbitant fee. It varies a lot by airline. Some don't allow ticket transfers at all.

What you can't do is use A's ticket to get B on board.
May 5th, 2017 at 8:26:13 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Nareed
Many airlines let you transfer a ticket to someone else (change of name), often for an exorbitant fee. It varies a lot by airline. Some don't allow ticket transfers at all.

What you can't do is use A's ticket to get B on board.

Wow, that is news to me. As far as I know you can't do that in the US anymore. Hopefully our resident travel agent will check in and comment on this.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
Page 11 of 13« First<8910111213>