Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Page 6 of 6« First<3456
December 20th, 2017 at 1:07:57 PM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 15
Posts: 3003
Quote: Pacomartin
Took a rather steep 58% drop from Sunday to Monday. It will still probably be Disney's fifteenth billion dollar movie, but possibly not anywhere near the records.


I think that has more to do with the fact that most kids were still in school Monday, compared with The Force Awakens' first Monday where more kids were already out of school for Christmas.

I don't expect it to get anywhere near The Force Awakens' final total, that movie was a once-in-a-generation event.
In order to insult me, I must first value your opinion
December 20th, 2017 at 1:20:43 PM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 44
Posts: 3933
Quote: ams288
I think that has more to do with the fact that most kids were still in school Monday, compared with The Force Awakens' first Monday where more kids were already out of school for Christmas.

I don't expect it to get anywhere near The Force Awakens' final total, that movie was a once-in-a-generation event.

A lot of Christmas competition
Jumangi opened today and looks good. Hopefully it is good
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 20th, 2017 at 1:45:26 PM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 345
Posts: 12534
Quote: ams288
The movie seems to be really dividing fans.


I think it may have been a tactical mistake to set up mysteries in the first movie, and them leave them unaddressed or plainly toss them aside in the second.
Donald Trump is a fucking liar
December 20th, 2017 at 1:46:21 PM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 345
Posts: 12534
Quote: terapined
Jumangi opened today and looks good. Hopefully it is good


There was a brief Jumanji animated series in the 90s. It was pretty good, and very little like the awful movie.
Donald Trump is a fucking liar
December 20th, 2017 at 1:46:36 PM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 44
Posts: 3933
IMDB reports the original cut was over 3 hours
The director cut 45 to 60 min
I want to see the 3hr Last Jedi version
Hopefully they will release it when it streams. Lord of the rings released long versions of all their movies
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 20th, 2017 at 2:12:36 PM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 345
Posts: 12534
Quote: terapined
IMDB reports the original cut was over 3 hours
The director cut 45 to 60 min
I want to see the 3hr Last Jedi version


No! let it die. Kill it if you must! :)

Seriously, fans will come out with more Rey and Snoke fan theories, and will be disappointed again when no answers show up.

BTW, my $0.02:

There were some very ingenious fan theories about Rey, almost all involving the Skywalker family in some form, and a few involving the Kenobis (if there was more than one). I kept hoping they were all wrong, and Rey would be someone new and independent, with agency and a will of her own. Also because from a literary point of view, you shouldn't have the whole galaxy rotating about the Skywalker family.

So I'm not upset that Rey's parents were nobodies from a nowhere planet.
Donald Trump is a fucking liar
December 20th, 2017 at 11:53:25 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 822
Posts: 9887
Quote: ams288
I think that has more to do with the fact that most kids were still in school Monday, compared with The Force Awakens' first Monday where more kids were already out of school for Christmas.

I don't expect it to get anywhere near The Force Awakens' final total, that movie was a once-in-a-generation event.


Star Wars: The Force Awakens Production Budget: $245 million - $306 million
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Production Budget: $200 million
Star Wars:The Last Jedi Production Budget: N/A
Solo: A Star Wars Story release 5/25/18

With the "The Last Jedi" well under "The Force Awakens" and just over "Rogue One" after week, perhaps the budgets and box office returns of the Star Wars Trilogy and the Star Wars Story will merge in the future.


Millions Domestic
Day Rogue One The Last Jedi The Force Awakens
Fri $71.1 $104.7 $119.1
Sat $46.3 $64.0 $68.3
Sun $37.7 $51.3 $60.6
Mon $17.6 $21.6 $40.1
Tue $17.6 $20.3 $37.4
Wed $15.0 $16.9 $38.0
Thu $16.8 $17.9 $27.4
Page 6 of 6« First<3456