Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Page 4 of 6<123456>
November 21st, 2017 at 3:16:24 PM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 332
Posts: 11982
Just 3 and one half weeks more of dodging spoilers, comments, speculation(*) and trailers.


(*)Sometimes, not often, the fandom speculations are better than the actual movie.
If Trump where half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is.
November 21st, 2017 at 4:19:07 PM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 14
Posts: 2599
Before I saw Episode 7, I had known practically what was going to happen throughout the whole movie. I knew Han Solo was going to die for like a year before it came out.

Spoilers have been more scarce this time around. I don't have a clue what happens.
In order to insult me, I must first value your opinion
November 21st, 2017 at 4:28:22 PM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 332
Posts: 11982
Quote: ams288
Before I saw Episode 7, I had known practically what was going to happen throughout the whole movie. I knew Han Solo was going to die for like a year before it came out.

Spoilers have been more scarce this time around. I don't have a clue what happens.


Ep. VII caught me kind of by surprise. I think it was November before I even knew the movie was coming. I saw a trailer or two, and went into the movie without any clue what would take place.

Then I realized I'd seen it in 1977 :)
If Trump where half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is.
December 10th, 2017 at 4:47:26 AM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 14
Posts: 2599
The world premiere was last night.

Early reaction from people who saw it last night is stellar. All the tweets I've seen about it have said it's very surprising and to avoid spoilers before seeing it.

The most negative reaction I saw called it "overstuffed," but still said it was good.
In order to insult me, I must first value your opinion
December 10th, 2017 at 7:05:43 AM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 332
Posts: 11982
Quote: ams288
The world premiere was last night.


I intend to see it next Saturday. maybe next Friday if work ends at a decent hour.

Quote:
All the tweets I've seen about it have said it's very surprising and to avoid spoilers before seeing it.


Well, then, here's a spoiler:


SPOILER ALERT!!



SPOILER ALERT!!




SPOILER ALERT!!




SPOILER ALERT!!



SPOILER ALERT!!



The Spanish title indicates that the Jedi in "The Last Jedi" is plural.
If Trump where half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is.
December 10th, 2017 at 7:15:46 AM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 14
Posts: 2599
Quote: Nareed
I intend to see it next Saturday. maybe next Friday if work ends at a decent hour.



Well, then, here's a spoiler:


SPOILER ALERT!!



SPOILER ALERT!!




SPOILER ALERT!!




SPOILER ALERT!!



SPOILER ALERT!!



The Spanish title indicates that the Jedi in "The Last Jedi" is plural.


Rian Johnson says he doesn't know why it's translated that way, as it's no secret that Luke is the titular Last Jedi.
In order to insult me, I must first value your opinion
December 10th, 2017 at 7:42:57 AM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 332
Posts: 11982
Quote: ams288
Rian Johnson says he doesn't know why it's translated that way, as it's no secret that Luke is the titular Last Jedi.


"I'll buy that for a dollar!"
If Trump where half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is.
December 14th, 2017 at 7:34:47 AM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 14
Posts: 2599
Seeing it tonight at the first show at 6pm. I'll post my spoiler-free reaction after.
In order to insult me, I must first value your opinion
December 14th, 2017 at 7:40:39 AM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 39
Posts: 3494
Quote: ams288
Seeing it tonight at the first show at 6pm. I'll post my spoiler-free reaction after.

Cool
Hope you enjoy it
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 14th, 2017 at 7:51:39 AM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 332
Posts: 11982
Quote: ams288
Seeing it tonight at the first show at 6pm. I'll post my spoiler-free reaction after.


Have a good time.

I'm skipping all comments, spoiler or non, until afer i see ti myself, hopefully tomorrow evening.
If Trump where half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is.
Page 4 of 6<123456>