The Trump Impeachment Thread

December 6th, 2019 at 1:02:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Face
The point that must be made is this presidency (and I would argue the president himself) should be aborted. .

And yet all you never Trumpers never
list any reasons for getting rid of
him, other than your personal
hatred. I love the guy, he's done
90% of what he promised to do,
which is amazing. And he triggers
the Left which is an added bonus.

MAGA!
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 6th, 2019 at 1:07:42 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Iraq war veteran Congressman Steube correctly pointed out the Iraqi war criminals he prosecuted got more due process than that afforded the President by the Democrat leadership.

Due Process???????????????
This is not a criminal trial
Open your eyes
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 6th, 2019 at 1:12:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The Republicans interrupting and getting cut off was a strategy. They already knew the rules and how to look like they were being suppressed.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 6th, 2019 at 1:15:25 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
Open your eyes

You are right; it is not a criminal trial. The thing that gets ignored is that people do expect some semblance of due process in spite of there being nothing that guarantees it in the House impeachment process. The arguments of no due process resonate because due process is expected. The Democrats don't have to provide it in this part of the process but they ignore it at what could end up being their own peril.
December 6th, 2019 at 1:19:24 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
Funny thing, I thought I used the word ‘may’. I would bet on Trump losing the election if anyone wants that bet. I am saying that I believe the impeachment fiasco helps him. Whether it is enough, I doubt. I think from a purely political perspective, impeaching him is a mistake. Im also saying the WAY the Democrats are doing it is a TOTAL DISASTER. You have a Republican committee members asking the committee chair if they can call witnesses and he just ignores them. The American people see that. They may hate Trump, but they want a fair process. Iraq war veteran Congressman Steube correctly pointed out the Iraqi war criminals he prosecuted got more due process than that afforded the President by the Democrat leadership. I believe whatever harms Trump may have done, they pale in comparison to the permanent harm the Democrats are doing with their clearly partisan impeachment fiasco. There are quotes all over the place from Nadler saying impeachment needs to be a bipartisan effort. He just was joking, I guess.....

Edit. My initial post did say ‘may’. I know it will help Trump. I do not know it will help him enough.

Due process for impeachment occurs in the Senate, NOT the house! Just because conservative pundits scream the same talking point over and over doesn't mean that it's accurate. It's just a way of deflecting from the truth. And in fact, the impeachment procedures adopted by the House go well beyond what the Constitution requires! I mean heck, if we REALLY want to get into the weeds, the due process clauses in the Consitution only apply when the defendant is being denied life, liberty, or property. Obviously, none of that is occurring!

The process has been fair. Republicans can't defend Trump's actions, so they attack the process.

And as far as Trump's impeachment being a partisan process, that's on Republicans. If they choose to set this precedent, that is on them, not the Dems. Not ONE Republican has stood up for the Constitution. NOT ONE! You expect the Democrats to be derelict of their duty because Republicans are? Please!
December 6th, 2019 at 1:36:24 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Tripdufan

The process has been fair.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 6th, 2019 at 1:52:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
Uh Oh:

Key Piece Of Democrats’ Evidence In Impeachment Appears To Fall Apart, Report Says

Orig article was in the WSJ.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-key-piece-of-democrats-evidence-in-impeachment-appears-to-fall-apart-report-suggests

And this:

This is the Washington Post: “Wall-to-Wall Impeachment Coverage Is Not Changing Any Minds.”
December 6th, 2019 at 2:31:38 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Evenbob
And yet all you never Trumpers never
list any reasons for getting rid of
him, other than your personal
hatred. I love the guy, he's done
90% of what he promised to do,
which is amazing. And he triggers
the Left which is an added bonus.

MAGA!

Ah yes, gaze upon our 2,000mi wall that Mejico paid for, revel in the repeal and replacement of the ACA and the "fixing" of health care that was done first week, marvel at the erasure of the deficit in the first year. Behold the "total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States", rejoice in the many manufacturing jobs brought back from overseas, and give an AMEN for eliminating ISIS and "taking their oil". Renegotiate with Iran? Tax relief for the middle class? "Get a better deal" with trade partners?

These are your reasons. And you have the absolute audacity to claim "90% success"?

You must be off your face.

Maybe y'all are just soft and easily led, but the moment he mocked a disabled reporter should have been it. For a civilized, intelligent community, it would have been. Grab her by the pussy should have been it. I wasn't "tuned in", but I am goddamn sure old enough to remember R's pearl clutching about the sanctity of the office and abuse of power for Clinton's blow job. How DARE R's be so openly two faced, how DARE they sell their morals (if they ever had them to begin with) under the guise of "they did it first". Such spinelessness makes me physically ill; I did not know it was possible to feel such second hand embarrassment, but y'all have TOOK that particular cake.

You bring up Ol' Joe but ignore the literal hundreds of examples of this f#$%wit bumbling and stumbling and rambling incoherently at every turn. You watch as he attends border death camps and poses with immediately orphaned children with a SMILE AND THUMBS UP, with his illegal immigrant wife and her "I don't care" jacket. You just saw him turn our military on its head by defying their justice and pardoning a f#$%ing murdering monster, who mowed down civilians knowingly and with prejudice. Emoluments, anyone? Campaign finance crime anyone? What is it, SEVEN members of his campaign are now in prison? His children placed in high offices? His ROBBING OF CHARITY FOR HIS OWN GOOD? "Oh, but he donated his $400k salary". Yeah, and just ignore the $200mm spent on golf at his own f#$%ing property.

30+ accusations of rape and/or sexual assault. He's known for barging in dressing rooms; when you're a star you can do what you want. You think that's cool? That's something to look up to? That's someone YOU want to be? I tell ya, I wanna break his f#$%ing jaw, and anyone elses who behaves in that manner. You support this behavior and you're a POS, full stop, I don't care who you are. You are filth, and far below even the title of a homeless garbage picker, let alone the highest office in the land.

Or you wanna talk about his private crimes? You think he's absent from those Panama Papers you're ignoring? You think his money came by "hard work" and he "deserves it"? That he's not every bit a taker, possibly more so, than all those brown's here without permission? Illegals vying for a better life cost $120mmm. Tax evading wealth dragons cost $450mmm. Yet you cheer the death of one and line up to felate the other.

These enough reasons yet?

How about cozening up to dictators? How about alienating allies? How about the removal of due process on everything from immigration to guns? Want me to keep going? How about sexualizing his own f#$%ing daughter, how about being an admitted absentee father? How about hiring the very illegals he claims to want to bust, or failing to pay myriad contracts? Or fraudulent businesses? Or bulls#$% fake charities to be used as his own petty fund? Had enough yet?

Ha! Look at that guy with morals! Teeheehee look how upset he is! MAGA winning!

Your God is a joke.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
December 6th, 2019 at 2:46:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Face
Ah yes, gaze upon our 2,000mi wall that Mejico paid for, revel in the repeal and replacement of the ACA and the "fixing" of health care that was done first week, marvel at the erasure of the deficit in the first year. Behold the "total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States", rejoice in the many manufacturing jobs brought back from overseas, and give an AMEN for eliminating ISIS and "taking their oil". Renegotiate with Iran? Tax relief for the middle class? "Get a better deal" with trade partners?

THIS is why you hate Trump? Are you kidding?
Are you joking? Trump has gotten more done
in his first 3 years than any president in history:

From the administration:

Almost 4 million jobs created since election.
More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.
Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.
Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.
African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.
Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.
Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.
Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.
Under my Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.
Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.
The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education.
95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—the highest ever.
Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.
Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.
As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.
Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.
Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
Record number of regulations eliminated.
Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.
Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.
My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.
Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.
We reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.
Signed Right-To-Try legislation.
Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.
Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.
United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.
Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.
NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.
Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.
Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.
Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.
Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.
Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.
Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.
Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.
Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.
Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.
We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.
December 6th, 2019 at 4:31:23 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Open your eyes

My eyes are WIDE open! And so are the American people's. I am well aware this is not a criminal trial, but there are tenets of basic fairness that the Democrats do not afford those in the minority (The Republicans) or the President.

When a constituent asks a Democrat on the "Judiciary Committee", 'why didn't you allow Republicans to present witnesses?', you want his answer to be....
"Na, na, na, na, na.... we din't have to!"?

In the actual trial, which occurs in the Senate, the tables will be turned.