The Trump Impeachment Thread

December 6th, 2019 at 11:07:37 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Quite frankly, your inability to understand the quite simple concepts about why his impeachment will help him win re-election is the dumbest thing that has occurred on this board. I do not believe there is a single non troll member, whether they support Trump or not, that does not at least understand the reasons why impeachment may help Trump. The Democrat leadership has been acutely aware of this, why can’t you understand?

Quite frankly, your inability to understand the quite simple concepts of impeachable offenses amaze me
The Dems have no choice but to start impeachment proceedings not due to politics but due to Trumps actions
If it helps him, so be it. To not impeach because you think it helps elect him is playing politics. Why cant you understand this.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 6th, 2019 at 11:11:15 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
that does not at least understand the reasons why impeachment may help Trump.

Big difference between “may” help trump’s re-election and “will likely” help trump’s re-election from you original post.

I agree it “may.” We are in uncharted waters. Bill Clinton was popular when the GOP impeached him over lying about a BJ. Public support of Clinton’s impeachment never came close to the numbers that support Donny’s.

Anyone who says they know impeachment will definitely help Donny is an idiot, plain and simple. Might as well buy a fake crystal ball and travel around the country with the circus.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 6th, 2019 at 11:41:56 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: ams288
Big difference between “may” help trump’s re-election and “will likely” help trump’s re-election from you original post.

I agree it “may.” We are in uncharted waters. Bill Clinton was popular when the GOP impeached him over lying about a BJ. Public support of Clinton’s impeachment never came close to the numbers that support Donny’s.

Anyone who says they know impeachment will definitely help Donny is an idiot, plain and simple. Might as well buy a fake crystal ball and travel around the country with the circus.

Same with the economy
Anyone who says they know absolutely for sure with absolutely no doubt that the economy would not have been as good under Clinton is an idiot, plain and simple.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 6th, 2019 at 12:05:10 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288

You are really splitting orange hairs on this one. Some people think it won't, some people think it may, some people think it is likely...and there are reasons for each position. None of those reasons are "dumb" and it is pretty much normal for people to vary in their belief of how it will impact the election.

"will likely" is also a lot different than "may" or definitely will"...
December 6th, 2019 at 12:09:21 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quite frankly, your inability to understand the quite simple concepts about why his impeachment will help him win re-election is the dumbest thing that has occurred on this board. I do not believe there is a single non troll member, whether they support Trump or not, that does not at least understand the reasons why impeachment may help Trump. The Democrat leadership has been acutely aware of this, why can’t you understand?

First sentence you say will help him win and that anybody that doesn't understand that is dumb. Second sentence says that it may help Trump with no mention of intelligence.

Regardless of how many sides of your mouth you're talking out of, the truth is NOBODY knows if it will help Trump win re-election. I could see it going either way but that doesn't change my opinion on moving forward. It's the right thing to do and that is all that matters, politics of it to be damned.
December 6th, 2019 at 12:11:18 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: RonC
You are really splitting orange hairs on this one.

lol
December 6th, 2019 at 12:12:31 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Evenbob
He does? I missed them, could you give
examples? If you mean his tweets, how
by any stretch of the imagination are
those 'tantrums'?.

You can call them all well thought out tweets, a lot of them sound like tantrums to me. The connection between the brain and the mouth, or fingers in this case, needs a filter to slow it down a bit.

I'm not going to look them up because you will just say they do not sound like tantrums, but I have read ones that I thought sounded childish at best.

We disagree and that is okay.
December 6th, 2019 at 12:35:21 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Tripdufan
It's the right thing to do and that is all that matters, politics of it to be damned.

So much this.

Were the Dems to refrain purely out of politics, then they deserve wholesale destruction. It would be cowardice to the extreme. I know the games played, the strategies in use. F#$% em. You do what's RIGHT, or you GTFO.

Ensure a Trump victory? That's not even the point. The point that must be made is this presidency (and I would argue the president himself) should be aborted. To not attempt, to not do your duty to uphold and defend the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic, is dereliction of duty and unforgiveable. To not attempt is to be complicit. To not attempt is to give permission.

F#$% a "secret ballot". Every single man and woman should be held in the light and make their decision transparently. Every single person must make their stand and let it be known. I don't think Trump has a chance in hell at being removed; rare is the Republican that has shown himself to be anything but a solipsistic sycophant. But GD, I want every name and face that's enabled this POS. I want it on public record and in the history books.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
December 6th, 2019 at 12:47:14 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: Face
So much this.

Were the Dems to refrain purely out of politics, then they deserve wholesale destruction. It would be cowardice to the extreme. I know the games played, the strategies in use. F#$% em. You do what's RIGHT, or you GTFO.

Totally agree
Take the Catholic Church
They knew about child molestations
They refused to do the right thing because they played politics. Exposing the molesters would be bad for the Church so they turned a blind eye instead of doing the right thing
December 6th, 2019 at 12:48:50 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Funny thing, I thought I used the word ‘may’. I would bet on Trump losing the election if anyone wants that bet. I am saying that I believe the impeachment fiasco helps him. Whether it is enough, I doubt. I think from a purely political perspective, impeaching him is a mistake. Im also saying the WAY the Democrats are doing it is a TOTAL DISASTER. You have a Republican committee members asking the committee chair if they can call witnesses and he just ignores them. The American people see that. They may hate Trump, but they want a fair process. Iraq war veteran Congressman Steube correctly pointed out the Iraqi war criminals he prosecuted got more due process than that afforded the President by the Democrat leadership. I believe whatever harms Trump may have done, they pale in comparison to the permanent harm the Democrats are doing with their clearly partisan impeachment fiasco. There are quotes all over the place from Nadler saying impeachment needs to be a bipartisan effort. He just was joking, I guess.....

Edit. My initial post did say ‘may’. I know it will help Trump. I do not know it will help him enough.