The Trump Impeachment Thread

December 12th, 2019 at 8:38:24 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
After the Festivus "Airing of Grievances" today, the Democrats will win the "feats of strength" and impeach the President.

Blame Trump
The American people saw he needed oversite
The American People gave the House to the Dems because of Trump
Its all Trumps fault :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 12th, 2019 at 11:59:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
federal prosecutors charged yesterday evening that Lev Parnas, an associate of President Trump who represented him in Ukraine, was wired $1 million from a Russian bank account weeks before his arrest. Which is to say, Trump’s Ukraine plot appears to have been financed by Russia.
Parnas met repeatedly with Trump and his lawyer, Rudy Giuliani. Parnas claims Trump pulled him aside at last year’s White House Hanukkah party and personally directed his activities in Ukraine. That allegation remains unproven. What is proven, though, is that Parnas met with Trump numerous times (there are photographs), was Giuliani’s official business partner, and represented himself to Ukrainians as an agent of both Trump and Giuliani.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 12th, 2019 at 12:24:00 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Just vote...we know the outcome...
December 12th, 2019 at 1:15:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Now Mitch McConnell is saying if
the House doesn't come up with
an actual crime for impeachment,
the Senate won't waste their time
with a trial over nothing. They'll
just vote to acquit and that will
be that. Dem senators are
screaming bloody murder, lol..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 12th, 2019 at 1:20:26 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I guess it is a violation of house rules to look into the camera instead of at the committee...

I move to strike the last word...
December 12th, 2019 at 1:23:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
I guess it is a violation of house rules to look into the camera instead of at the committee...

I move to strike the last word...

quoting someone else.

Quote:
If ‘strike the last word’ was an impeachment drinking game, no one would survive.”
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 12th, 2019 at 1:30:08 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
Now Mitch McConnell is saying if
the House doesn't come up with
an actual crime for impeachment,
the Senate won't waste their time
with a trial over nothing. They'll
just vote to acquit and that will
be that. Dem senators are
screaming bloody murder, lol..

As Ed has said many times, elections have consequences! The Republicans make the rules in the Senate for now. I know the chief justice has a Role in overseeing the impeachment trial, but frankly, I am not sure to what extent.

I wonder if Mitch McConnell can just say the following........

"you all have been witness to the bickering and back and forth in the house intelligence committee and house judiciary committee. There is nothing more to add. I will give each of you five minutes to speak to make yourself feel good. After which we will proceed immediately to a vote. This will save the American people countless tax dollars and get to the result exactly the same as if we had a month-long circus of a trial."
December 12th, 2019 at 1:55:06 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
I wonder if Mitch McConnell can just say the following........

"you all have been witness to the bickering and back and forth in the house intelligence committee and house judiciary committee. There is nothing more to add. I will give each of you five minutes to speak to make yourself feel good. After which we will proceed immediately to a vote. This will save the American people countless tax dollars and get to the result exactly the same as if we had a month-long circus of a trial."

So your fantasy version of the Senate trial has shifted from the GOP calling the Bidens and the whistleblower as witnesses to this?

Seems like quite the downgrade. What happened?!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 12th, 2019 at 2:00:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Rush was saying today, and he's right,
that if there's a big trial what point
would it serve. Make a few people
feel good, waste a whole lot of
time and money for the same outcome
a dismissal will do. Not guilty.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 12th, 2019 at 2:05:13 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
As Ed has said many times, elections have consequences! The Republicans make the rules in the Senate for now.

Yup
The difference between Trump supporters and me
Trump supporters whine about the House rules
I never whine about Senate rules
I'm an adult. Trump supporters acting like spoiled brats being told No
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"