The Trump Impeachment Thread

December 13th, 2019 at 8:36:00 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Trump impeachment: Senior Republican rants about being forced to go to morning hearing for votes
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-impeachment-senior-republican-rants-134044882.html

Talk about lazy
He's complaining that he has to get out of bed and go to work
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 13th, 2019 at 11:01:39 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
Trump impeachment: Senior Republican rants about being forced to go to morning hearing for votes
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-impeachment-senior-republican-rants-134044882.html

Talk about lazy
He's complaining that he has to get out of bed and go to work

No, they purposefully spent all day yesterday arguing and delaying things hoping to push the vote to late at night.

Nadler robbed the GOP of being able to say the Dems did a “sneaky late night impeachment vote.” That’s why they were so pissed.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 13th, 2019 at 11:42:32 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
No, they purposefully spent all day yesterday arguing and delaying things hoping to push the vote to late at night.

Nadler robbed the GOP of being able to say the Dems did a “sneaky late night impeachment vote.” That’s why they were so pissed.

I'm surprised that you didn't post this earlier.

I can only guess that your "democrat talking points" did not arrive in a timely manner.
Let's go Brandon
December 13th, 2019 at 12:10:09 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
I'm surprised that you didn't post this earlier.

I can only guess that your "democrat talking points" did not arrive in a timely manner.

So witty.

We are all in awe of you.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 13th, 2019 at 12:22:27 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288

Makes sense
Good move by the Dems
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 13th, 2019 at 12:44:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Sometime between now and the senate trial would be a good time for one of the other investigation shoes to drop on him. If they have anything. if they don't, so be it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 13th, 2019 at 12:59:37 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Sometime between now and the senate trial would be a good time for one of the other investigation shoes to drop on him. If they have anything. if they don't, so be it.

"If they have anything" is a key phrase...the prosecutor (Nadler and that guy who had proof positive of something but forgot to actually present it for the impeachment; maybe is keeping it in his back pocket for when this one fails) is going to the grand jury, where they already have the votes. This is roughly the same as indicting a ham sandwich, but not as tasty.

If you got it, bring it. I'm not against impeachment, I am against worthless impeachments like this one and the one of President Clinton. Yes, Clinton actually committed a crime...but I think it still fell short of needing to impeach him. It is a political process; if the politicians make it too much of one we will be in continuous pursuit of impeachment.

Wait...never mind...

Has anyone heard what Rush said today? I am waiting on the update...

Okay...maybe not...
December 13th, 2019 at 1:01:39 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: terapined
Makes sense
Good move by the Dems

It was another great one. I'm just glad it didn't run over into any good shows...
December 13th, 2019 at 1:10:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
"If they have anything" is a key phrase...the prosecutor .

I'm talking about what NY prosecuters may have going in regards to other possible matters. There are other investigations going on... so I heard.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 13th, 2019 at 1:26:17 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: rxwine
I'm talking about what NY prosecuters may have going in regards to other possible matters. There are other investigations going on... so I heard.

IF there are any real crimes, that is where they really should be looking. When you cry wolf for years about impeaching someone, starting before he is even in office, mention all kinds of charges, and end up with things you can impeach him for (because, well, you define what you can impeach him for), you kind of waste some momentum for your cause.

Then when you say that you need to impeach him because he will likely win the election you further hinder your cause.

If there are real crimes, people will listen.