Real substance? the evidence is overwhelming

Yeah, I think you should familiarize
yourself with the word 'evidence'
a little more. It obviously doesn't
mean what you think it means.
Quit getting all your info from
the fake news channels, CNN
has nothing you need to hear.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 23rd, 2020 at 11:26:23 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: Evenbob
Yeah, I think you should familiarize
yourself with the word 'evidence'
a little more. It obviously doesn't
mean what you think it means.
Quit getting all your info from
the fake news channels, CNN
has nothing you need to hear.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trumps-senate-impeachment-trial-judge-andrew-napolitano?fbclid=IwAR3VBnu0WxuFyfaQ54i1js_BtO2WcrQ-iEbhh8r11KDSlbokMabXuYX4E1Y

I didn't realize Judge Napolitano was a CNN contributor. Maybe he has a different interpretation of the word "evidence" than Rush does.
January 23rd, 2020 at 11:30:36 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Tripdufan
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trumps-senate-impeachment-trial-judge-andrew-napolitano?fbclid=IwAR3VBnu0WxuFyfaQ54i1js_BtO2WcrQ-iEbhh8r11KDSlbokMabXuYX4E1Y

I didn't realize Judge Napolitano was a CNN contributor. Maybe he has a different interpretation of the word "evidence" than Rush does.

Judge Nap has been anti-Trump since POTUS refused to nominate him for the SCOTUS

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/441009-trump-foxs-napolitano-asked-me-to-pardon-his-friend-put-him-on
January 23rd, 2020 at 11:32:31 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Real substance? Even without the testimony of the fact witnesses and documents that Trump is hiding from the American public, the evidence is overwhelming for what transpired here. Trump used the power of his office for his own political and personal gain. It is so obvious what happened, it feels ridiculous to debate it.

I listened to many of the hearings, have read a lot about the whole case, and don't see the overwhelming evidence. I do see a call that was not "perfect" but also does not rise to the bar of impeachment in my opinion. I also thought the actual crime committed by Clinton did not rise to that level. Impeachment in both cases was more political than criminal; both are not good for the future.

We disagree.

And didn't find a crime? Government Accountability Office disagrees with you. But I'm sure they're just "deep state" too.

"The Government Accountability Office released a review Thursday stating that the Bowe Bergdahl prisoner swap broke a law mandating that Congress be informed of prisoner transfers from Guantanamo. The review handed opponents of President Obama powerful reinforcement of two of their key critiques: that Obama routinely oversteps his executive authority, and that his maneuvers on foreign policy make the country less safe. But the actual effect of the letter from the nonpartisan agency may be only that — that it becomes a political talking point."

"A review of the GAO's past determinations of illegality shows that the consequences of those decisions vary widely — and that the substance of the charge has always fallen far short of allegations that the chief executive violated federal legislation."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2014/08/22/the-gao-says-the-bergdahl-swap-was-illegal-in-the-past-that-hasnt-resulted-in-much/

They have determined a lot of things...it means very little.

See, in Trump world, you can just write off anything as "fake" and "deep state" and the deplorables will eat it up.

I don't like Trump calling people names but it isn't like the left doesn't continue to call legal voters "deplorables" while at the same time trying to undermine the sanctity of our elections. Yes, we should have IDs to vote. We should prevent non-citizens from voting.

"I love the poorly educated." - Donald Trump.

He also has many, many well educated folks on his side. Yeah, he shouldn't have said that, but there are things said in every election cycle (and all the time) that people should say.

Bring on a candidate who can beat him in the election.
January 23rd, 2020 at 11:46:14 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: aceofspades
Judge Nap has been anti-Trump since POTUS refused to nominate him for the SCOTUS

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/441009-trump-foxs-napolitano-asked-me-to-pardon-his-friend-put-him-on

So Trump says one thing and Judge Nap says the other. Trump is a serial liar who cannot tell the truth about anything (he said 10+ false things at his Davos press conference just yesterday alone) and while I admittedly don't know a ton about Judge Nap, I haven't seen any reports of him being uncovered to tell 15,000 falsehoods and misleading statements.

You can choose for yourself who to believe.
January 23rd, 2020 at 11:51:00 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
So Trump says one thing and Judge Nap says the other. Trump is a serial liar who cannot tell the truth about anything (he said 10+ false things at his Davos press conference just yesterday alone) and while I admittedly don't know a ton about Judge Nap, I haven't seen any reports of him being uncovered to tell 15,000 falsehoods and misleading statements.

!5,000 falsehoods and misleading statements? Do you have a link to a list?

I wonder if Trump saying the temperature is 50˚ would be deemed misleading if the actual temperature was 51˚ ?
January 23rd, 2020 at 11:53:44 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: aceofspades
!5,000 falsehoods and misleading statements? Do you have a link to a list?

I wonder if Trump saying the temperature is 50˚ would be deemed misleading if the actual temperature was 51˚ ?

Here's your lists:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/12/16/president-trump-has-made-false-or-misleading-claims-over-days/

https://projects.thestar.com/donald-trump-fact-check/

And to answer your question, no.
January 23rd, 2020 at 11:54:25 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

We since pretty much everything you have said on this forum about Trump is a "falsehood" I would say your count is getting pretty high as well. Certainly too high for anyone to believe you.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 23rd, 2020 at 11:56:31 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: kenarman
We since pretty much everything you have said on this forum about Trump is a "falsehood" I would say your count is getting pretty high as well. Certainly too high for anyone to believe you.

Yeah? Show me the money. What have I said about Trump that isn't true?

I have no problem saying I'm wrong when I'm wrong.
January 23rd, 2020 at 11:57:27 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

I didn't realize Judge Napolitano was a CNN contributor. .

Well, he's their mole at Fox. He's
been a Trump hater since Trump
snubbed him from a SCOTUS
position. He hates Trump's guts
now.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.