Things Your Parents Said

August 13th, 2018 at 2:04:07 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
Slipping is more correct, my statement should have said slipping.

No worries, just wanted to explain as to me "falling" means like from an airplane.

I feel myself "slip" so lifelike I do nearly hurt myself.
The President is a fink.
August 13th, 2018 at 2:10:25 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
No worries, just wanted to explain as to me "falling" means like from an airplane.

I feel myself "slip" so lifelike I do nearly hurt myself.
Every power lineman has had the dream where he has climbed up a power pole, and his climbing hooks slip out of the wood and he starts to fall. We wake up in a nano second and sit up so hard clutching the pole it almost slips a disc. lol
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 13th, 2018 at 3:09:13 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Every power lineman has had the dream where he has climbed up a power pole, and his climbing hooks slip out of the wood and he starts to fall. We wake up in a nano second and sit up so hard clutching the pole it almost slips a disc. lol

When I was first a landman and having a hard time of a title I would see book and page numbers floating in front of me. Say a random 1000/1024, 983/22. No pole to clutch, just your brain scrambling.
The President is a fink.
August 13th, 2018 at 3:24:19 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I read about someone using those freeze packs to cool the bed. I've sometimes thrown the still working chemical hand warmers under the blanket in the winter and they do add heat. Spot heating or cooling is a lot cheaper than doing the whole house.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 13th, 2018 at 3:33:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Spot heating or cooling is a lot cheaper than doing the whole house.

It's why god invented the electric blanket.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 13th, 2018 at 4:06:21 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
I read about someone using those freeze packs to cool the bed. I've sometimes thrown the still working chemical hand warmers under the blanket in the winter and they do add heat. Spot heating or cooling is a lot cheaper than doing the whole house.

In Japan, central heat is rare. Houses are smaller, though. The Sleep Number bed has this "foot warmer" option which is really calf down. Felt good in the store but wasn't worth the cost as I was at the edge of my budget, I even went one level down from the mid-level mattress as it was about two grand more.

My place is so small central is cheaper. Small living is so nice when you get used to it.
The President is a fink.
August 13th, 2018 at 4:13:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
mattress as it was about two grand more.

MORE? Good god, how much are
you paying for this thing.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 13th, 2018 at 4:26:49 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
MORE? Good god, how much are
you paying for this thing.

Bout $1 a night for the rest of my life. Bit less actually.
The President is a fink.
August 13th, 2018 at 4:37:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Bout $1 a night for the rest of my life. Bit less actually.

$9000?? Oh my dear god. I paid $125
for a new mattress last year and hated
it. I have a single bed because I sleep
alone.
August 13th, 2018 at 4:51:17 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
My nutritional guru turned me onto a nutrient called GABA. I get mine from a multi level vitamin outfit named NOW. It's probably similar to Swanson's or others?
Two oft-cited articles in Cell Biology dealing with GABA and the regeneration of Beta cells in pancreata have just been declared "irreproducible" which is a term used to indicate that a certain situation is suspected but that there is insufficient evidence to use stronger adjectives.