January 28th, 2021 at 11:23:08 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
NO Naked Shorts.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 28th, 2021 at 12:17:15 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I’ve never seen as much bipartisan agreement over something as I do with this whole GameStop/Robinhood fiasco. It’s beautiful.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 3rd, 2021 at 9:00:04 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
February 4th, 2021 at 7:40:49 AM permalink
ams288
Hmmm.....

Something isn’t adding up here.
February 4th, 2021 at 8:17:38 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I of course have no knowledge of whether AOC was lying for political gain.... but once the security of the Capitol is breached, the security of the connected office buildings is as well. It would be extremely reasonable to be in fear of your life if you were AOC and saw the Capitol being overrun, even if you were behind your locked office door.
February 4th, 2021 at 8:32:39 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: SOOPOO
I of course have no knowledge of whether AOC was lying for political gain.... but once the security of the Capitol is breached, the security of the connected office buildings is as well. It would be extremely reasonable to be in fear of your life if you were AOC and saw the Capitol being overrun, even if you were behind your locked office door.

I really don't believe most if any of the elected representatives were at risk. Should be a good lesson for them though for the next time they let some protest group they agree with have a riot but don't do anything but let a few hundred cops stand there and do nothing in front of thousands attacking and abusing them. Maybe they might have a little more empathy for the cops now. Naw that will never happen.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 4th, 2021 at 8:37:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

It is just like Hillary saying she was under sniper fire when she wasn't.

And remember, AOC was afraid of a garbage disposal because they are uncommon in NYC so she grew up never seeing one.
The President is a fink.
February 4th, 2021 at 8:53:25 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: kenarman
I really don't believe most if any of the elected representatives were at risk.

Do you think if the insurrectionist mob had found AOC that day, would they have murdered her?

Simple yes or no answer will suffice.
February 4th, 2021 at 8:54:43 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Damm right I would be scared
Its a massive complex of buildings interconnected in all kinds of ways
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 4th, 2021 at 9:07:39 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Do you think if the insurrectionist mob had found AOC that day, would they have murdered her?

Simple yes or no answer will suffice.

Wife and I had same discussion about Pence. I said 'no', and I'd say 'no' about AOC. Meaning I think there is a less than 50% chance it would have happened. But there is certainly a chance. It is easier to buy the knife than it is to actually slice someone's neck. Happily, we will never know. As i said earlier, it was TOTALLY reasonable for her to be in fear of her life.