I need you to come into work this weekend

March 14th, 2019 at 9:06:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined
How many different firms have you worked at?
I was real surprised to hear less then a year.
Now it makes sense you being dumped on though it still sucks
Thought about private practice?
I would think a good divorce lawyer would do well

Good god almighty. All these years
Ace has talked about what he does
for a living and you have not clue
one.

He LEFT a longtime private practice
because business dried up.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 15th, 2019 at 5:47:17 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Evenbob
What will happen when the old
man dies or retires, you'll be
working directly for your buddy.
Is that what you want, because
you know it's coming.

He could not afford to take over the name (although if he is the illegitimate kid, maybe provisions have been made)
Plus, NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY currently at the firm would stay and work for him - once the Boss is gone, so are the rest of us (and he knows this)
March 15th, 2019 at 5:48:19 AM permalink
aceofspades
How many different firms have you worked at?
I was real surprised to hear less then a year.
Now it makes sense you being dumped on though it still sucks
Thought about private practice?
I would think a good divorce lawyer would do well
Put some money aside. When I read about your Vegas high roller lifestyle, I have to admit I am jealous.
Then I hear you are a pay check to pay check. WTF. I make a lot less then you and I put myself in a position where I can miss pay checks and survive.
Get it together

A lot has happened in my life that has affected my finances
March 15th, 2019 at 6:24:57 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: aceofspades
A lot has happened in my life that has affected my finances

That's even more reason to give up the high roller lifestyle and sock some money away like me and be a low roller or no roller that does not live pay check to pay check. I barely gambled my last trip (just good food and good shows). I would rather have money socked away so missing a pay check is no big deal
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 15th, 2019 at 6:37:00 AM permalink
aceofspades
That's even more reason to give up the high roller lifestyle and sock some money away like me and be a low roller or no roller that does not live pay check to pay check. I barely gambled my last trip (just good food and good shows). I would rather have money socked away so missing a pay check is no big deal

I guess you didn't read my last trip report over on WOV
March 15th, 2019 at 6:44:01 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I guess you didn't read my last trip report over on WOV

No I did not
I used to read your trip reports and based my statement on that
I get tired of reading about high rollers so did not read the last report.
Transitioned into a low roller like me?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 15th, 2019 at 7:26:13 AM permalink
aceofspades
OK after the second BIG meeting in the past week yesterday where it was decided that I would solely work for the owner/Boss and NOT the protege, which I believed was the final word thereon, the protege just calls me informing me he has to have me appear in Court on his case on Monday -- meanwhile, I am supposed to be filing two briefs for the owner/Boss on Monday morning (which I told the protege, who told me I would be "in and out" of court for him (naturally, the court system is always so expedient and efficient that attorneys are "in and out"))

This "streamlining" will never work as protege does whatever the hell he wants and the owner/Boss gives in 100% of the time
March 15th, 2019 at 7:42:44 AM permalink
aceofspades
OK after the second BIG meeting in the past week yesterday where it was decided that I would solely work for the owner/Boss and NOT the protege, which I believed was the final word thereon, the protege just calls me informing me he has to have me appear in Court on his case on Monday -- meanwhile, I am supposed to be filing two briefs for the owner/Boss on Monday morning (which I told the protege, who told me I would be "in and out" of court for him (naturally, the court system is always so expedient and efficient that attorneys are "in and out"))

This "streamlining" will never work as protege does whatever the hell he wants and the owner/Boss gives in 100% of the time

Oh wait - now they just called me in and I am NOT going to Court on Monday
March 15th, 2019 at 8:49:47 AM permalink
aceofspades
I was talking with the Boss's personal assistant and the protege poked his head out of his office and told me I am being "too boisterous"
March 15th, 2019 at 10:42:36 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I was talking with the Boss's personal assistant and the protege poked his head out of his office and told me I am being "too boisterous"

Yet you think it's going to get better.
Why would it. Get out while you can.
The stress of a place like that isn't
good for your health.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.