I need you to come into work this weekend

April 15th, 2019 at 9:27:17 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: aceofspades
THE CONCLUSION

OK Just spoke with the Owner - he agreed I do not have to work with the protege or co-counsel, agreed to the 7% raise and agreed to let me work from home 1 day per week on a rotating schedule, depending on which days have no meetings and no court — like, this week it is Wednesday - I am soooooooo relieved

So, what did you decide about your living situation?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 15th, 2019 at 9:42:47 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: DRich
THE CONCLUSION

OK Just spoke with the Owner - he agreed I do not have to work with the protege or co-counsel, agreed to the 7% raise and agreed to let me work from home 1 day per week on a rotating schedule, depending on which days have no meetings and no court — like, this week it is Wednesday - I am soooooooo relieved

So, what did you decide about your living situation?

I am staying put - only having to commute 4 days/week works for me
April 15th, 2019 at 1:32:23 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
Good to hear an outcome that is to your satisfaction but I think the title of your post is misleading. I don’t think this is the conclusion.
April 15th, 2019 at 1:34:37 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Aussie
Good to hear an outcome that is to your satisfaction but I think the title of your post is misleading. I don’t think this is the conclusion.

Of course not. The office has a track
record of not doing what it says it
will do. Why will this time be any
different.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 15th, 2019 at 3:14:20 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
Quote: Evenbob
Of course not. The office has a track
record of not doing what it says it
will do. Why will this time be any
different.

Agree. This is not the the conclusion. It’s the intermission with Act II starting shortly.
April 15th, 2019 at 3:31:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
Agree. This is not the the conclusion. It’s the intermission with Act II starting shortly.

ProteDouche will go back to the way
he was, the old man owner will get
more bad health days off, and Ace
will get the brunt of it. I have a cryatal
ball..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 15th, 2019 at 4:07:09 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83

Quote: Evenbob
ProteDouche will go back to the way
he was, the old man owner will get
more bad health days off, and Ace
will get the brunt of it. I have a cryatal
ball..

YEs, it is merely the conclusion of Act I
However, Act I usually goes to the good guys then Act II is when the villains regain the edge
We shall see
April 15th, 2019 at 4:34:15 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
YEs, it is merely the conclusion of Act I
However, Act I usually goes to the good guys then Act II is when the villains regain the edge
We shall see
When a rational person and an irrational person have conflict, the rational person will always lose. Because the irrational person will always be willing to go to greater lengths to win.

Whether proto has recognizes t, or admitted it to himself, his wife or anyone else, it's game on for him. He's already plotting for when his chance presents itself for him to gain control. Not just over you [although that would be sweet for him] but control over the firm. That's what these people do, it is there reason for being. To me it's a sickness, but I can't prove it.

Hopefully "old age and treachery will overcome youth with ambition".
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 15th, 2019 at 4:49:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: petroglyph
When a rational person and an irrational person have conflict, the rational person will always lose. Because the irrational person will always be willing to go to greater lengths to win.

Yup. That's you often see jerks in
a position of power. They never
quit and have no scruples.
April 16th, 2019 at 12:42:14 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I still do not think you made the correct decision to stay unless it is truly temporary and you are still actively looking for another job. That being said, if you are getting a 7% raise AND can work from home 1 of 5 days that is a HUGE improvement.