I need you to come into work this weekend

May 9th, 2019 at 10:23:20 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Evenbob
I thought you took the train to work.

I never said I was driving to/from work - all I said was that that was the scene on the road earlier
I am not rejoining the firm until Monday
May 9th, 2019 at 10:29:02 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: aceofspades
I never said I was driving to/from work - all I said was that that was the scene on the road earlier
I am not rejoining the firm until Monday

'Car on fire during commute', do people
commute places other than work? I'm
confused.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 9th, 2019 at 10:37:04 AM permalink
aceofspades
'Car on fire during commute', do people
commute places other than work? I'm
confused.

You are right - I slipped and used commute
I went back and edited it so I do not mislead anyone
May 12th, 2019 at 10:09:25 AM permalink
Evenbob
Big day tomorrow. You have to know the
protoprick is dreaming up ways to rock
your world. Given the track record, I
give it till Tuesday.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 12th, 2019 at 10:14:09 AM permalink
aceofspades
Big day tomorrow. You have to know the
protoprick is dreaming up ways to rock
your world. Given the track record, I
give it till Tuesday.

Moneyline?
May 13th, 2019 at 2:35:20 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: aceofspades
Moneyline?
Did you give notice again, B-slap the proto, or walk out yet?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 13th, 2019 at 3:07:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
No report from Ace today, did they
get rid of his body? Should we call
911?
May 14th, 2019 at 8:18:29 AM permalink
aceofspades
Good morning - yesterday was actually a good day - not much stress at all

Naturally, the Protege didn't say hello to me when I said hello to him when I first arrived

The word on the street is he is upset that the Owner failed to "consult" him before hiring me back

However, things loosened up later in the day (he actually forgot it was the Owner's birthday yesterday when he asked why we were all gathered in the conference room giving the Owner some token presents) and he and I had a nice, cordial conversation

Onward and upward - we shall see how things progress
May 16th, 2019 at 6:03:44 AM permalink
aceofspades
So a few weeks ago during my hiatus from the firm, I received a LinkedIn notification that the Owner's former assistant had found a new job - I took a screenshot and sent it to the secretary at the firm (the one who campaigned to have me brought back) -- no big deal, or so I thought -- well a few minutes later, I received a text message from another secretary that had been fired a couple of months prior (she was never told the reason for her firing) - she told me the Owner's former assistant texted her that her finally revealing her new job on LinkedIn was a "set-up" to see how fast she could get people at the firm gossiping about her -- also contained in the text message was a screenshot of the former assistant and the paralegal (not the one who loves my hair) discussing how "idiotic" I was for sharing the former assistant's new job with the secretary -- I am unsure why it was "idiotic" as we all worked together and it is nice to see people become employed in a new position after they leave another one -- fast forward to this morning when the Owner's new assistant came in to tell me that when the Owner was telling the Protege that he was hiring me back, the paralegal, who had happened to be in the room, chimed in saying the Owner shouldn't hire me back because I "disrespected everyone in the firm by walking out" -- apparently neither the Owner nor the Protege cared what the paralegal had to say -- but now, knowing all this, the support staff is giving the paralegal the cold shoulder and one of the secretaries actually told him yesterday that she will be cordial to him because it is an office setting but that he'd better watch his step otherwise

Got to love office politics
May 16th, 2019 at 6:20:10 AM permalink
aceofspades
On the wall outside my office is my nameplate — just now, as I was walking back from the copy room to my office, I noticed my nameplate was turned upside down - I asked the secretary, Owner’s assistant and thew bookkeeper if they knew about it - they all said it was disrespectful - they suspect the paralegal - the bookkeeper told me that whoever did it, it says more about them than it does about me
*Update*
OK just found out it was the other paralegal (the one who compliments me all the time) who thought it would be “funny” and claims he did not do it in a mean-spirited way