The Gay Thread

August 21st, 2019 at 8:20:55 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: AZDuffman
1. No. I strongly believe marriage is about one man and one woman. The "no effect" on children is debatable. I do not believe there is "no effect." Sorry, but a gay relationship is not the same as a straight one. Nothing you are going to say will convince me, and I do not care who thinks what.

What I am hearing is that you support big government as soon as it’s convenient for your beliefs.

The government should not be involved with marriage at all.

But unfortunately they are involved, and you want them to go a step further and tell you whom you can and cannot marry? That is even bigger government.
August 21st, 2019 at 9:00:43 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
If it's against a person's beliefs, who
am I to have a problem with it. The
entire Catholic Church discriminates
against Gay's who practice Gay sex.
They can't be members.

"According to the Catholic theology of sexuality, all sexual acts must be open to procreation and express the symbolism of male-female complementarity. Sexual acts between two members of the same gender cannot meet these standards"

That is Cathilic doctrine, but its not exactly true in how it is practiced.

But, even it it were practiced that way, I would support their right to discriminate
August 21st, 2019 at 10:06:28 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Quote: gamerfreak
What I am hearing is that you support big government as soon as it’s convenient for your beliefs.

The government should not be involved with marriage at all.

But unfortunately they are involved, and you want them to go a step further and tell you whom you can and cannot marry? That is even bigger government.

I agree with you. Two consenting Adults who are not blood related who want to marry should be able to marry with no judgement no matter what gender they are. Robert and Matthew who are both in their 30's should be able to get married with no judgement such as Rachel and Donald who are in their 30's are able to get married with no judgement.
August 21st, 2019 at 10:07:19 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Duplicate post.
August 21st, 2019 at 10:20:49 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler

But, even it it were practiced that way, I would support their right to discriminate

So you support small business
not selling wedding cakes to
Gays too?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 21st, 2019 at 11:53:13 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Gays too?

If a business is open to the public, they need to be open to all of the public. That is the law.

The Colorado Cake shop is one of the most misunderstood civil rights cases.

The Cake shop did not refuse to bake the gay couple a wedding cake. They refused to make them a cake with gay stuff on it, but offered to sell them any predesigned cake. They did not discriminate based on who they were serving, but rather he type of product they were serving. That is completely legal and the reason they won in the SCOTUS.
August 21st, 2019 at 12:17:17 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: KNathan
I agree with you. Two consenting Adults who are not blood related who want to marry should be able to marry with no judgement no matter what gender they are. Robert and Matthew who are both in their 30's should be able to get married with no judgement such as Rachel and Donald who are in their 30's are able to get married with no judgement.

"who are not blood related"???????

What freaking difference does it matter if Robert and Matthew are blood related?

And who are YOU, Nathan, to tell Rachel and Donald not to marry if they are "blood related"????????

What gives YOU any right to stop any two people from marrying???????????
August 21st, 2019 at 12:27:57 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Gays too?

Yes
August 21st, 2019 at 12:44:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: gamerfreak
If a business is open to the public, they need to be open to all of the public. That is the law.

The Colorado Cake shop is one of the most misunderstood civil rights cases.

The Cake shop did not refuse to bake the gay couple a wedding cake. They refused to make them a cake with gay stuff on it, but offered to sell them any predesigned cake. They did not discriminate based on who they were serving, but rather he type of product they were serving. That is completely legal and the reason they won in the SCOTUS.

Can a cake shop owner demand an employee to make a "gay" cake who is religiously against it? Is it just about who owns the business?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 21st, 2019 at 12:46:09 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Can a cake shop owner demand an employee to make a "gay" cake who is religiously against it?

Probably not, just like you can't
force an Hasidic jew to eat pork
if he works for you.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.