The Gay Thread

August 21st, 2019 at 12:51:07 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
Probably not, just like you can't
force an Hasidic jew to eat pork
if he works for you.

It seems like eating pork is a lot more forceful intrusion on a person, than a design. But whatever. I believe I have just as much reason as an atheist to refuse to do what an employer asked me to do as a religious person and shouldn't need a invisible deity to give it certification.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 21st, 2019 at 12:57:29 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: rxwine
Can a cake shop owner demand an employee to make a "gay" cake who is religiously against it? Is it just about who owns the business?

IANAL but I believe they could.

There are a lot of jobs that have duties that violate various religious beliefs. I don’t think a OBGYN who refuses to prescribe birth control due to their religion would be expected to keep their job. See Kim Davis as another example.

There’s a difference between firing someone because they refuse to do their job, and firing someone simply because they are of a certain religion.
August 21st, 2019 at 12:59:41 PM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Quote: SOOPOO
"who are not blood related"???????

What freaking difference does it matter if Robert and Matthew are blood related?

And who are YOU, Nathan, to tell Rachel and Donald not to marry if they are "blood related"????????

What gives YOU any right to stop any two people from marrying???????????

Incest is just WRONG.
August 21st, 2019 at 1:06:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Wiccans are often afraid to wear things like pentagrams for fear of being fired. Thus they often stay in the broom closet.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 21st, 2019 at 1:45:38 PM permalink
KNathan
Anyways, Gay/Lesbianism isn't really all that Controversial a topic anymore. In 2019 the Controversial topic is Transgender/Transsexual. People are getting more and more used to the fact that some men amd some women are attracted to the same sex. But lots of people are still uncomfortable with people who were born as a girl or a boy get surgery/act like the opposite gender as Adults to become/seem like the opposite gender they were at birth. People have said stuff like "I'm kind of okay with Samuel and Eric being a Couple, but William getting surgery to become Wilma creeps me out!
August 21st, 2019 at 1:52:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: KNathan
Anyways, Gay/Lesbianism isn't really all that Controversial a topic anymore.

It was so controversial on the WOV board, people ran screaming, and many became deaf, dumb and blind. I imagine someone even died. People broke their fingers trying to hit the block button because apparently that failed to work.

So they had to ban it.
August 21st, 2019 at 3:20:43 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: SOOPOO
"who are not blood related"???????

What freaking difference does it matter if Robert and Matthew are blood related?

And who are YOU, Nathan, to tell Rachel and Donald not to marry if they are "blood related"????????

What gives YOU any right to stop any two people from marrying???????????

Worked for the kingdoms of Europe for a skillion years.

Your creepy crawlies are no basis. I would argue legal intervention in the cases of conception / reproduction, but... everyone's f#$%ed someways. I prefer the ways that affect me none whatsoever.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
August 21st, 2019 at 4:25:23 PM permalink
KNathan
Quote: rxwine
It was so controversial on the WOV board, people ran screaming, and many became deaf, dumb and blind. I imagine someone even died. People broke their fingers trying to hit the block button because apparently that failed to work.

So they had to ban it.

The Gay Thread on WOV was getting a LOT of traction within like 2 days. 22 pages in just 2 days. Had it not been for the New Rule it probably would have been on like page 120 now judging by how fast growing it was.
August 21st, 2019 at 4:32:33 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
I love pork. Need to get more pork in my diet.
August 21st, 2019 at 7:17:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: pew
I love pork. Need to get more pork in my diet.

You're not a Hasidic jew..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.