The Gay Thread

December 23rd, 2021 at 4:21:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
"Do you know why gays historically get persecuted" ......

That is a line almost pulled verbatim rom the Third Reich (just replace, gays with Jews, because "they have been behaving bad everywhere they have been through history).... So I don't think you are in a position to call people fascist for wanting equality....

The idea that there is a gay lobby manipulating the media, is the same kind of thinking that the "Jews control the banks and media for their agenda".... Its just demonization with no basis in reality....

Now you are really in denial. There is absolutely a gay lobby. They count how many gay characters are in TV and to a lesser extent movies. If a gay is shown in a way they do not like they go nuts.

They do not want "equality" they had that. They want special treatment, like when they demanded the definition of marriage be changed.

Their propaganda has worked wonders.
The President is a fink.
December 23rd, 2021 at 4:33:24 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Now you are really in denial. There is absolutely a gay lobby. They count how many gay characters are in TV and to a lesser extent movies. If a gay is shown in a way they do not like they go nuts.

They do not want "equality" they had that. They want special treatment, like when they demanded the definition of marriage be changed.

Less than 1% of the world is Jewish (way less than 1% something like 0.2%) . Does the high level of Jewish characters in media also cause you alarm? It should be less than 1% of all characters right?

What special rights do gays want? I am speaking laws , policies or proposals that you can link to that would give gay people a legal or social advantage over straight people, that you can cite, not some vague talking point about how they are controlling the media? .....
December 23rd, 2021 at 4:39:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Less than 1% of the world is Jewish (way less than 1% something like 0.2%) . Does the high level of Jewish characters in media also cause you alarm? It should be less than 1% of all characters right?

No, because I do not see an over-representation of Jews on TV shows. There is no group out there demanding Jews be part of storylines.

Quote:
What special rights do gays want? I am speaking laws , policies or proposals that you can link to that would give gay people a legal or social advantage over straight people, that you can cite, not some vague talking point about how they are controlling the media? .....

Already told you one, changing the definition of marriage.
The President is a fink.
December 23rd, 2021 at 4:45:03 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
No, because I do not see an over-representation of Jews on TV shows. There is no group out there demanding Jews be part of storylines.

Already told you one, changing the definition of marriage.

Well if your argument is every demographic groups and activities must be 100% accurately represented by time portioned on popular culture, most shows (in. US) would be about straight middle age white Walmart workers. Or does this only apply to very specific demographics?

How does that give special rights? And, how that that effect anyone already married?
December 23rd, 2021 at 4:47:50 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Well if your argument is every demographic groups and activities must be 100% accurately represented by time portioned on popular culture, most shows (in. US) would be about straight middle age white Walmart workers. Or does this only apply to very specific demographics?

My point is the gay lobby demands this. People like yourself do not realize this and think what they see on TV is "normal."

Their propaganda is working wonders.
The President is a fink.
December 23rd, 2021 at 5:01:51 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
You have never heard of them because you never looked for one. There will be some in any big city, probably in the gay areas. In Pittsburgh that would mean start looking in Shadyside. Or google for them if you want.

That's the logic you're going with? Would that mean you have heard of them because you have looked for one?

I'm not going to Google for them because I have no desire to engage in homosexual sex and I don't care what the homosexuals are doing with one another. I think that's why nobody can understand your seeming obsession with this issue.

I'm way too old to be particularly concerned with any kind of sex and am a heterosexual anyway. The only reason that I would seek anything of this nature out is if I intended to participate---which means that I'll never seek it out.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 23rd, 2021 at 5:05:45 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
I would also take the fact that I don't know about them and have never stumbled on any as evidence that they are keeping their actions to themselves, which is A-OK by me. It's honestly as if you're going out of your way to find something to be angry at them about. It would be like me complaining because there are churches, nope, as long as they keep their religion away from me---I don't care what they do.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 23rd, 2021 at 5:08:00 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Mission146
That's the logic you're going with? Would that mean you have heard of them because you have looked for one?

No, it means I have heard of them because I have heard of them. Back in the day usually because the cops raided them. Also as the were mentioned in the aforesaid ATBPO movie. They showed one in Season 1 of "Orange is the New Black" in a joking way but the joke would not work unless most of the population had heard of them.

It is not a stretch to say that the will be in any decent sized city because someone will want to make money running one.
The President is a fink.
December 23rd, 2021 at 5:55:12 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
(Quotes clipped, relevance)

So now you are going to tell me you hang out in gay bars and have never heard any of this? Do you know how hard that is to believe?

It's not hard for me to believe that Gandler knows more gay people than you do. I'd almost have to believe that I am related or as good as related to more gay people than the number that you're friends with. My sister is gay, my fiancee's brother is gay, his boyfriend is gay...and that doesn't even get into the number of people I know outside of family or practically family.

I know there's some sort of hookup culture that gets done, but as far as I can tell, that's mostly orchestrated online. I also know a number of straight people who do hookup culture and/or have open relationships with their spouses, or what have you. I just figure that gets orchestrated online. That seems more efficient than wandering aimlessly around a park, or whatever you are saying happens.

The point is that, barring evidence to the contrary, it's all amongst consenting adults---so why would I care that any of this goes on? My job is to tend to what I am going to personally do or not do...and I'm not going to do any of that stuff whatsoever because it's not my cup of tea.

Quote:
I am not talking "urban legends." I am talking reality. Do you know why gays historically get persecuted? It is because of these kinds of behaviors and the problems it causes. Go back to the Roman Empire it would still have been happening. Go to some tribe somewhere and it will still have been happening. Why? Because human nature does not change, it is the same then as it is now.

You actually think I meant there are maps that tell of areas reserved for gays? Seriously, if you thought that you should concern yourself for how many things about life you do not know. I will give the example again. Kordell Steward got arrested, or supposedly did, for lewd acts. Whether he did or not (the record may have been buried) the point is when the place was mentioned everyone in town knew that was a known area where gays looked for random sex with other gays. No "map" was needed, it just became the known area. When an area gets that reputation gays flock there and straights avoid it at least after dark.

What problems are the behaviors you are talking about, which I'm not even confident specifically exist, causing? How can it be causing that much of a problem unless you're going out of your way to look for problems? Why is gay hookup culture bad, but straight hookup culture is fine?

What, "Known area?" Is there, like, a group of straight guys somewhere who are so concerned with what gay people are doing that they share these, "Known areas," with one another? Do you have a group who is patrolling the area, or something?

As far as Kordell Stewart goes:

https://www.washingtonblade.com/2021/02/05/thank-you-kordell-stewart-for-thoughtful-response-to-the-rumor/

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/kordell-stewart-nfl-football-pittsburgh-steelers

He denies it; it was never proven, and there were apparently no charges filed. Probably just some racist cop who came up with it off of the top of his head, probably a Christian, and it got legs, for some reason. Reading his essay now, here's a nice quote from it for you:

Quote: Slash
All you need is enough people who are more than happy to believe it.

Like you are, apparently.

Quote:
My "solution" is be aware what is going on. Gays have gotten enough enough power in Hollywood to force content producers to show gays as just these regular people in numbers far in excess of their actual numbers. If a gay is shown in a negative way they will try to destroy said producer same as they try to destroy anyone who does not go along with them.

Since you have a hard time with context "producer" does not mean the person per se, it means the outfit who makes the content.

What the gay lobby is doing is propaganda straight out of 1930s fascist and communist playbooks. And it is having the same effect now as it did then. Your reactions in these posts shows it.

Even if that were true, who the hell cares what Hollywood is doing? If you're worried that people are taking all of their cues from what is going on in TV and movies, then just satisfy yourself in the knowledge that those people are idiots who are intellectually incapable of having their own ideas. Live your own life. What difference does it make?

I don't see how, "Being aware," which I would call, "Obsessing over what people who are not you are doing," is helping you. Seems like it's driving you off the deep end if you're at the point that you're counting the number of gay characters in TV shows out of concern that they are being overrepresented.
December 23rd, 2021 at 5:59:39 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

The only problem with marriage is that the Government and the churches both used the same term. Had marriage always been called, "Civil Union," and then people were advocating for homosexuals to also be able to have civil unions, neither side would have had anything to complain about.

Furthermore, the fault lies mostly with the church who (per the usual) lacked the intellectual capacity to comprehend two things:

1.) That there is a separation of church and state---First Amendment of the Constitution, the document that righties claim to love so much.

AND:

2.) Because of #1, the institution of marriage, from the Government standpoint, is different than the institution of marriage vis-a-vis the church. In other words, a given church or religion doesn't have to recognize a gay couple as being married in the eyes of God, within their own walls, if they don't want to.