The Gay Thread

December 23rd, 2021 at 6:02:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
The only problem with marriage is that the Government and the churches both used the same term. Had marriage always been called, "Civil Union," and then people were advocating for homosexuals to also be able to have civil unions, neither side would have had anything to complain about.

They used the same tern because it was the term. It was understood.
The President is a fink.
December 23rd, 2021 at 6:02:34 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Gandler
Well if your argument is every demographic groups and activities must be 100% accurately represented by time portioned on popular culture, most shows (in. US) would be about straight middle age white Walmart workers. Or does this only apply to very specific demographics?

How does that give special rights? And, how that that effect anyone already married?

Not to mention the fact that Hollywood is not a function of Government, but we've gone so far off of the deep end, at this point, that I guess the fundamental differences between something being imposed or not imposed by the Government doesn't matter.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 23rd, 2021 at 6:05:06 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
No, it means I have heard of them because I have heard of them. Back in the day usually because the cops raided them. Also as the were mentioned in the aforesaid ATBPO movie. They showed one in Season 1 of "Orange is the New Black" in a joking way but the joke would not work unless most of the population had heard of them.

It is not a stretch to say that the will be in any decent sized city because someone will want to make money running one.

When? I believe you, but I do not remember the scene. I'm fairly confident that I watched the entire series.

Does it not occur to you that there's something of a problem if cops are raiding places for gay people to hook up, but are not doing the same when it comes to places for straight people to casually hookup?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 23rd, 2021 at 6:06:32 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
They used the same tern because it was the term. It was understood.

That's fine, but it doesn't mean that the Government Institution and the religious one are the same thing. Corporations and small entrepreneurships, for example, will use a term such as, "Accounting," but it's a totally different type of accounting.
December 23rd, 2021 at 6:08:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman

It's not hard for me to believe that Gandler knows more gay people than you do. I'd almost have to believe that I am related or as good as related to more gay people than the number that you're friends with. My sister is gay, my fiancee's brother is gay, her boyfriend is gay...and that doesn't even get into the number of people I know outside of family or practically family.

Are you not your fiancee's boyfriend?? I haven't had my coffee yet so maybe your nested commas are throwing me off but something there is not adding up. But to the point most people know more gay people than I do, I accept that.

Quote:
I know there's some sort of hookup culture that gets done, but as far as I can tell, that's mostly orchestrated online. I also know a number of straight people who do hookup culture and/or have open relationships with their spouses, or what have you. I just figure that gets orchestrated online. That seems more efficient than wandering aimlessly around a park, or whatever you are saying happens.

It probably does go online more these days. But an average gay male will have many more lifetime partners than a straight male.

Quote:
What, "Known area?" Is there, like, a group of straight guys somewhere who are so concerned with what gay people are doing that they share these, "Known areas," with one another? Do you have a group who is patrolling the area, or something?

As far as Kordell Stewart goes:

https://www.washingtonblade.com/2021/02/05/thank-you-kordell-stewart-for-thoughtful-response-to-the-rumor/

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/kordell-stewart-nfl-football-pittsburgh-steelers

He denies it; it was never proven, and there were apparently no charges filed. Probably just some racist cop who came up with it off of the top of his head, probably a Christian, and it got legs, for some reason. Reading his essay now, here's a nice quote from it for you:

It is also as likely that the Rooney's or NFL's "fixer" got it swept under the rug. The point of the story is Schenley Park is said "known area" which gave the story legs.
The President is a fink.
December 23rd, 2021 at 6:27:14 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

Are you not your fiancee's boyfriend?? I haven't had my coffee yet so maybe your nested commas are throwing me off but something there is not adding up. But to the point most people know more gay people than I do, I accept that.

I edited that---I'm my fiancee's fiancee. Honestly, I think I just made that mistake because I wasn't paying attention, but it was edited to, "His boyfriend," which is clearly identifiable by the context of my fiancee's brother being gay.

Anyway, the two of them (fiancee's brother and his boyfriend) have some sort of open relationship, I guess, as do two friends of my fiancee. The friends of my fiancee have some sort of group where they can freely hookup, but they keep it all within the group. The gay brother and his boyfriend, particularly the brother, occasionally have other sexual partners---as I understand it.

Anyway, my being associated with these people is not conditioned upon my willingness to participate in what they want to do, and I'm never asked to participate...so why would I care? The notion of us participating in the (mostly straight, if not entirely) group was hinted at, but neither my fiancee or I wish to do that, so we just politely declined any such notion and it was never hinted at again. It's really not a big deal.

As far as homosexuals, I've been hit on by one gay person, lifetime, politely declined and that was that. It might be more than one and I didn't really notice...I guess sometimes women mean to hit on me and I don't perceive what they are doing that way, so it's possible that the same has happened with men on more than zero occasions. In any case, I can only recall one incident of my being unambiguously hit on by a gay guy, who I informed I am 100% straight and that was that.

Quote:
It probably does go online more these days. But an average gay male will have many more lifetime partners than a straight male.

Okay, so why would that concern me? As long as I'm not one of them, which I wouldn't be by virtue of being straight, I really don't care.

"Tend your own garden," or whatever the colloquialism is. Besides, I'm in no position to bemoan the overall number of partners someone else has had; I was quite promiscuous throughout high school and college. I probably still would be now if I hadn't matured to the point of not caring about sex that much.

Quote:
It is also as likely that the Rooney's or NFL's "fixer" got it swept under the rug. The point of the story is Schenley Park is said "known area" which gave the story legs.

I'd never heard that about Schenley Park, but it remains of no concern to me. I'll take your word for it.

In this country, if someone is accused of something and it is not proven, then it's just as good that they effectively didn't do it. That would be the outlook that someone would take for anything else. I don't think your, "Fixer," theory is just as likely or one would think that Stewart wouldn't be talking about it more than twenty years later...there's no reason to defend against something that most people either never knew or forgot about more than twenty years later if there's any possibility that a document or arrest record could still conceivably be dug up.

In other words, there is either proof or the whole thing is nothing short of character assassination.
December 23rd, 2021 at 6:53:47 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I edited that---I'm my fiancee's fiancee. Honestly, I think I just made that mistake because I wasn't paying attention, but it was edited to, "His boyfriend," which is clearly identifiable by the context of my fiancee's brother being gay.

Anyway, the two of them (fiancee's brother and his boyfriend) have some sort of open relationship, I guess, as do two friends of my fiancee. The friends of my fiancee have some sort of group where they can freely hookup, but they keep it all within the group. The gay brother and his boyfriend, particularly the brother, occasionally have other sexual partners---as I understand it.

Anyway, my being associated with these people is not conditioned upon my willingness to participate in what they want to do, and I'm never asked to participate...so why would I care? The notion of us participating in the (mostly straight, if not entirely) group was hinted at, but neither my fiancee or I wish to do that, so we just politely declined any such notion and it was never hinted at again. It's really not a big deal.

We all make such mistakes, I was as much wondering if I was reading right. Saul Goodman.

I have heard that about gays, especially gay males. Either totally open relationship or within a larger group. It is something they do not like to broadcast as it is not within the "they are same as straight just with same sex" line. It shows gay males to be in a hookup culture to the extreme. It adds to why there has be an aversion to homosexuality for thousands of years.

"Tend your own garden," or whatever the colloquialism is. Besides, I'm in no position to bemoan the overall number of partners someone else has had; I was quite promiscuous throughout high school and college. I probably still would be now if I hadn't matured to the point of not caring about sex that much.

Quote:
In this country, if someone is accused of something and it is not proven, then it's just as good that they effectively didn't do it. That would be the outlook that someone would take for anything else. I don't think your, "Fixer," theory is just as likely or one would think that Stewart wouldn't be talking about it more than twenty years later...there's no reason to defend against something that most people either never knew or forgot about more than twenty years later if there's any possibility that a document or arrest record could still conceivably be dug up.

I am not so sure on the first part. Accused people always have that question about them. Are you saying there are not "fixers" or that there was not one for Kordell. Do not doubt for a minute that there are not fixers. Think Tom Hagen for how they handle things.
The President is a fink.
December 23rd, 2021 at 7:22:25 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
What group openly tries to convert underage kids out in the open? They have youth group activities where they try to attract and influence unsuspecting kids to their indoctrination? Talk about an agenda.

Also, another thing occurs to me. Imagine getting unwanted attention, cat calls and wolf whistles, and rude comments of sexual overture nature, while you're just trying to go to the store.

I've been hit on by a couple gay males, but I never went through the stuff some women get from so-called "normal" heterosexual men.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 23rd, 2021 at 8:03:20 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
We all make such mistakes, I was as much wondering if I was reading right. Saul Goodman.

I have heard that about gays, especially gay males. Either totally open relationship or within a larger group. It is something they do not like to broadcast as it is not within the "they are same as straight just with same sex" line. It shows gay males to be in a hookup culture to the extreme. It adds to why there has be an aversion to homosexuality for thousands of years.

I have no idea who Saul Goodman is.

Did you miss the part where the sex group is mostly, if not entirely, straight?

While the most common situation, as well as my personal preference, is to be straight and monogamous---I don't see an automatic problem with the alternatives. Personally, I'd rather individuals be openly gay rather than participating in sham marriages. I'd rather people consentingly be in open relationships than have one partner be unfaithful to a second partner who thinks the relationship is monogamous.

Furthermore, it would seem that kinks and fetishes are being more accepted, which I similarly don't see any great problem with. I'm obviously pretty vanilla myself, and prefer to be that way, but if someone is into something that I would consider unusual, all the better that they should find like-minded people who would consent to such things.

Quite simply, I see no reason to expect all of society to share my sexual preferences, and those with alternative sexual preferences---at least, not that I have experienced---seem to expect me to share theirs.

Anyway, you don't think sleeping around is something that happens in, "Straight culture?" You must not know very many straight people, either. Countless people within the churches have been unfaithful to spouses, even if they're not necessarily sleeping with everyone they see.

The way I see it, someone who is inclined to have sex with a wide variety of consenting people is simply going to find a way to do that, by one means or another---so the only question that remains to be answered is whether or not they are going to do it in a way that is at least open and honest.

Quite simply, I refuse to be naive enough to ever believe that it's going to stop happening altogether. When it comes to straight, "Hooking up," I participated myself, though in a more informal and less organized way, when I was younger.

Quote:

I am not so sure on the first part. Accused people always have that question about them. Are you saying there are not "fixers" or that there was not one for Kordell. Do not doubt for a minute that there are not fixers. Think Tom Hagen for how they handle things.

I definitely think there are fixers, but my point is that a person should always have proof---or at least very convincing evidence---to call someone out by name over something that they have already repeatedly denied.
December 23rd, 2021 at 8:06:51 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
What group openly tries to convert underage kids out in the open? They have youth group activities where they try to attract and influence unsuspecting kids to their indoctrination? Talk about an agenda.

Also, another thing occurs to me. Imagine getting unwanted attention, cat calls and wolf whistles, and rude comments of sexual overture nature, while you're just trying to go to the store.

I've been hit on by a couple gay males, but I never went through the stuff some women get from so-called "normal" heterosexual men.

Preach it. +100