The Gay Thread

September 11th, 2019 at 10:16:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Shrek
Quote: terapined
AZ and Shrek support pedophilia. That's why Shrek is out of here. He's been exposed as a pedo supporter.

This has gotta be worthy of a suspension. This crosses the line and is on par with insulting a person's wife or children.

However, let's see what AZ thinks. If he doesn't make a fuss, then I won't either.

I consider that both a direct insult and trolling.
The President is a fink.
September 11th, 2019 at 10:19:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler
He didn't explain anything, he just keeps saying he supports abolishing marriage age limits.... I do not.

When did I say that? I said no such thing. I basically said I am fine with current age limits. I asked how you could deny two people who love each other the right to marry.

How can you deny two people who love each other the right to marry? That has been the standard set for marriage by the gay lobby, all that matters.
The President is a fink.
September 11th, 2019 at 10:30:09 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Sadly its not just Republicans, The ACLU and some liberal organizations also support getting rid of or lowering age limits. They say it's about freedom of religion and speech. Sadly, there are idiots on both sides of the isle on this one.

I don't know how any organization can logically support child marriage....

I agree
Surprised the ACLU supports this position
I am generally a big ACLU supporter but not in this case
Its so common sense to be against child marriage
The conservative arguments here just don't make sense, against Pedo's but for child marriage.
Bottom line, if you support children getting married, then you are a Pedo supporter
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 11th, 2019 at 10:50:47 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Age is just a number, it is not a sign of maturity. Why not evaluate each person on a case by case basis.

I think there would be plenty of 18 year olds considered not mature enough to marry and probably some 16 year olds that are.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 11th, 2019 at 11:01:49 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: DRich
Age is just a number, it is not a sign of maturity. Why not evaluate each person on a case by case basis.

I think there would be plenty of 18 year olds considered not mature enough to marry and probably some 16 year olds that are.

I'm ready to defend myself.... I am not always against an adult (18 +) having sex with a minor (under 18). I skipped a grade and graduated high school at 16. In college at 17. At least two (alas, only two....) girlfriends that were 18 or 19 would be locked up, essentially having their lives ruined and have to register as sex offenders their ENTIRE lives under your rules. So if the girls were 19, 20, 21, 22, etc..... when do they get the slammer for saying yes to me? 18? 35?
September 11th, 2019 at 12:15:49 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: DRich

Because kids who think they are mature enough, often are not, especially for a (hypothetical) lifetime commitment to marriage. There is a reason we do not let kids under 18 sign many Contracts.....

Requiring people to be at least 18 to marry should not be controversial.

Do people realize you cannot even get a credit card or any kind of loan before 18? There is a reason for that, because banks and the government do not think you are developed enough to make long term commitments to debt. Marriage is the same thing, just with a person....
September 11th, 2019 at 12:37:04 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Because kids who think they are mature enough, often are not, especially for a (hypothetical) lifetime commitment to marriage. There is a reason we do not let kids under 18 sign many Contracts.....

Requiring people to be at least 18 to marry should not be controversial.

Do people realize you cannot even get a credit card or any kind of loan before 18? There is a reason for that, because banks and the government do not think you are developed enough to make long term commitments to debt. Marriage is the same thing, just with a person....

Neither should it be before they get an abortion or go on birth control, but suggest that and feminists will nail you to the wall.
The President is a fink.
September 11th, 2019 at 1:02:46 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Neither should it be before they get an abortion or go on birth control, but suggest that and feminists will nail you to the wall.

That is conflating medical issues with legal and financial ones.

There are medical reasons for birth control pills (other than a contraceptive).
September 11th, 2019 at 1:13:45 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Shrek
Quote: terapined
AZ and Shrek support pedophilia. That's why Shrek is out of here. He's been exposed as a pedo supporter.

This has gotta be worthy of a suspension. This crosses the line and is on par with insulting a person's wife or children.

However, let's see what AZ thinks. If he doesn't make a fuss, then I won't either.

I consider that both a direct insult and trolling.

Yep, I feel really sorry for that BLM guy. Instead of shutting his eyes, baring his teeth, shaking his clenched fists up & down, and screaming "BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT!", he now has a new word to scream lol.

Why can't these libbies just use good arguments instead of resorting to such childish tactics?
Oh wait... They don't have any! 😂😂😂😂
September 11th, 2019 at 1:16:04 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
You gotta love the libbies' comeback to this strong argument. All they can say is "It's different!!" 🤣🤣🤣