The Gay Thread

November 10th, 2019 at 11:22:45 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
I love how they call it "hate" towards gay and get upset, but watch their own treatment of anyone who is not an atheist or believer in islam.

No hate is when you want to outlaw an activity because you disagree with it (Like Islamic countries).... Hate is illogical dislike of something...

I do hate Islam, which is a logical position to hold, when you see the dangers that come our out of that view.

As for hating anyone who is not an atheist, I don't think anyone does that. I do hate religions that are dangerous.
November 10th, 2019 at 11:39:00 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
No hate is when you want to outlaw an activity because you disagree with it (Like Islamic countries).... Hate is illogical dislike of something...

You mean like when liberals complain they are offended when something says "Merry Christmas?" Or when colleges demand religious groups admit members that do not share their beliefs?

Quote:
I do hate Islam, which is a logical position to hold, when you see the dangers that come our out of that view.

As do I, but you liberal buddy here will get on you for using that logic.

Quote:
As for hating anyone who is not an atheist, I don't think anyone does that. I do hate religions that are dangerous.

Plenty do. Look up the "Freedom From Religion" organization for one example.
The President is a fink.
November 10th, 2019 at 12:47:29 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: AZDuffman
You mean like when liberals complain they are offended when something says "Merry Christmas?" Or when colleges demand religious groups admit members that do not share their beliefs?

As do I, but you liberal buddy here will get on you for using that logic.

Plenty do. Look up the "Freedom From Religion" organization for one example.

Come on man, nobody is offended by Merry Christmas, that is media hysteria. Happy Holidays does not offend me either.... I am an atheist and I love Christmas, it's a fun holiday....

Liberals get after me all of the time for my realistic views on Islam, I don't care, I am a realist, and some religions are far more dangerous than others. (And, no, not all Muslims are bad, many are decent people, but Islamic ideology is unique in the amount if violence it inspires)... This is why I often describe myself as a Neoconservative, as it is essentially a liberal who is realistic on foreign policy.

I can't claim to be an expert on Freedom from Religion, but I was under the impression they mainly lobby to prevent tax dollars being spent on religion or state sponsored religious events, which is something I more or less agree with.
November 10th, 2019 at 1:05:54 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Come on man, nobody is offended by Merry Christmas, that is media hysteria. Happy Holidays does not offend me either.... I am an atheist and I love Christmas, it's a fun holiday....

It might be mainly crybabies, but it is out there.

Quote:
get after me all of the time for my realistic views on Islam, I don't care, I am a realist, and some religions are far more dangerous than others. (And, no, not all Muslims are bad, many are decent people, but Islamic ideology is unique in the amount if violence it inspires)... This is why I often describe myself as a Neoconservative, as it is essentially a liberal who is realistic on foreign policy.

Keep being realistic. Islam is on a path to bring down western society. Europe is already a lost cause.
The President is a fink.
November 10th, 2019 at 1:19:26 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
No hate is when you want to outlaw an activity because you disagree with it
Geez what a DUMB definition of "hate".

Hate is illogical dislike of something...
But OK, two can play at that game.
So if "hate" is an "illogical dislike of something", then that describes all of DEMocRATS who illogically dislike Trump. 😂😂
November 10th, 2019 at 1:29:07 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Shrek
Geez what a DUMB definition of "hate".

But OK, two can play at that game.
So if "hate" is an "illogical dislike of something", then that describes all of DEMocRATS who illogically dislike Trump. 😂😂

From Dictionary.com "intense or passionate dislike." …..

But, yes if somebody has an extreme view of Trump not based on reality, then yes, that would fit the definition....

Hate is generally based on emotion, not logic....

What is a better definition of hate?
November 10th, 2019 at 1:42:29 PM permalink
Gandler
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/world/2019/10/26/uganda-arrested-lgbtq-activists-heres-where-else-gay-rights-are-battleground-world/%3foutputType=amp

This is an example of laws based on hatred (and religion) with no basis in logic. Sadly Uganda is far from alone in these types of laws.

Sadly many American liberals are hesitant to judge foriegn cultures and are more interested in protesting fast food restaurants....
November 10th, 2019 at 6:24:18 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
How many people can you think of that you hate? I can't think of a single person off the top of my head. I also can't imagine hating someone just because you disagree with them.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 10th, 2019 at 6:50:15 PM permalink
Shrek
From Dictionary.com "intense or passionate dislike." …..

What is a better definition of hate?
Ah, what a nice little attempt at a bait and switch.
Nice try. 😉 😂

Just to remind everyone, this is what you initially said the definition of "hate" is:
hate is when you want to outlaw an activity because you disagree with it
Sorry, but I don't see THAT definition of "hate" anywhere in the dictionary. 😂😂
November 10th, 2019 at 6:52:57 PM permalink
Shrek
Quote: DRich
I also can't imagine hating someone just because you disagree with them.
You'll have to ask DEMocRATS. They hate everyone who disagrees with them.
If you dare to disagree with them on abortion, gay marriage, global warming, etc., they will hate your guts. 🙄