The Gay Thread

November 10th, 2019 at 6:59:24 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: DRich
How many people can you think of that you hate? I can't think of a single person off the top of my head. I also can't imagine hating someone just because you disagree with them.

I can think of a few people that I hate, but the reasons are based on evidence and past behavior, not emotional based.

I don't hate anyone who I disagree with, in fact I tend to get along better with people who I am politically opposite of.
November 10th, 2019 at 7:00:43 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Shrek
Ah, what a nice little attempt at a bait and switch.
Nice try. 😉 😂

Just to remind everyone, this is what you initially said the definition of "hate" is: Sorry, but I don't see THAT definition of "hate" anywhere in the dictionary. 😂😂

Yes, because prohibiting an activity based on intense dislike is hate, it is a perfect definition....

If you want to ban gay sex because you dislike gay people, that is hate.
November 10th, 2019 at 7:35:14 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Gandler
Yes, because prohibiting an activity based on intense dislike is hate, it is a perfect definition....

If you want to ban gay sex because you dislike gay people, that is hate.
No-no-no-noooooooooo

Once again, you specifically said that "hate" = "wanting to outlaw an activity that you disagree with":
hate is when you want to outlaw an activity because you disagree with it
Now you're changing your tune and sweeping away the word "disagree" and inserting "intense dislike" instead.
Like I said, nice try. 😉

Trying the old bait and switch like a true libbie. 😂😂
November 10th, 2019 at 7:42:19 PM permalink
Gandler
No-no-no-noooooooooo

Once again, you specifically said that "hate" = "wanting to outlaw an activity that you disagree with": Now you're changing your tune and sweeping away the word "disagree" and inserting "intense dislike" instead.
Like I said, nice try. 😉

Trying the old bait and switch like a true libbie. 😂😂

No. You are are deliberately selectively quoting.

I gave an example of what hate is.

You then quoted that sentance and called it a "dumb definition", despite me never claiming it to be a defintion. I then provided the dictionary defintion to show that my example was relevant, you continue to selectively quote and distort what I said.....
November 10th, 2019 at 7:59:48 PM permalink
Shrek
No. You are are deliberately selectively quoting.

So did you or did you not say this??????

If you want to retract this statement, that's fine. Just don't act like you didn't say it. 🙄
November 10th, 2019 at 8:21:50 PM permalink
Gandler
So did you or did you not say this??????
If you want to retract this statement, that's fine. Just don't act like you didn't say it. 🙄

You claim that I stated that I said that was the defintion of hate by replying "that is a dumb definition".....

That is clearly an example of hate.... You are the one who used "definition" in your reply as if I stated I was defining a term when it was clearly an example.....

Since there are some reading comprehension issues, let me be clear:

Outlawing something because you don't like it is an example of hate.

Intense dislike of something is the definition of hate.
November 10th, 2019 at 8:34:00 PM permalink
Shrek
You claim that I stated that I said that was the defintion of hate by replying "that is a dumb definition".....
Wait a sec.
Can you answer my question?

Did you or did you not say this??? (A simple yes or no will do)
And if you did say this, do you still stand by it or not??

I can't believe you're seriously doing all this just to avoid admitting that you got caught?? lol 😂😂
November 10th, 2019 at 8:37:58 PM permalink
Gandler
Wait a sec.

Did you or did you not say this??? (A simple yes or no will do)And if you did say this, do you still stand by it or not??

I can't believe you're seriously doing all this just to avoid admitting that you got caught?? lol 😂😂

Read my last post, it answers both of those questions.
You are too obsessed trying to get a gotcha to read simple answers....
November 10th, 2019 at 8:50:21 PM permalink
Shrek
Wait a sec.

Did you or did you not say this??? (A simple yes or no will do)And if you did say this, do you still stand by it or not??

Read my last post, it answers both of those questions.
You are too obsessed trying to get a gotcha to read simple answers....

Hmm, I don't see a yes or no in your last post.
All I see is a bunch of gobbledygook that you think will help you avoid answering the question. 😂

But seeing that you refuse to answer yes or no, looks like I win the debate......................................as always. 👍 😁
November 10th, 2019 at 11:14:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I don't think there is much payoff in getting into the realm of whether people should like you or hate you, because that's not really the issue you can control anyway.

There's a common scene in a lot of movies that you sometimes encounter in real life. For instance, two guys in a platoon who absolutely for one reason or another can't get along to the point they are disrupting the job, goal, or mission or whatever it is.

At some point the Sgt busts both their asses and gives them a speech to the effect he doesn't give a s**t if they both hate each other's guts, they're going to work together when they have to, and do this job, and cooperate, or they're going to have to deal with him, or maybe he threatens to shoot them in the head and leave them in the jungle if they don't. That sort of thing, but there can be a hundred variations of the same idea.

If someone is depriving you of your rights, all you can demand of them is to be given the rights the law has allowed. They don't have to like it. You don't have to like them. They can hate you if they want or vice versa. I mean you can worry about it if you want, but that's beyond the concerns of the law. Unless it proceeds to actual harassment or bullying.

So, someone hates you. So what. As long as it doesn't proceed to interfering with your own rights. I laugh at things like someone complaining people are acting too gay or in your face gay. That's your problem, not theirs because there isn't a law about it, afaik.

OTOH, I don't see any particular reason to go out of your way to make people dislike you if you don't have to. Unless you feed off that sort of thing. But most people don't. If people treat you okay, you treat them okay. That's a lot easier. Try to get along, and don't worry about stuff you can't change.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?