The Gay Thread

November 20th, 2020 at 5:01:07 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Nothing wrong with banning gay males from what could be intimate situations such as camping and showering, etc with young males. the same as nothing wrong with banning straight males from the same with young females.

In fact either is smart for the protection of all involved.

As to the "tried it" comment no straight guy is going to go with another guy to "try it." The mere idea should be repulsive.

How many times do the libs on this board have to keep bringing this stuff up?

There are no such situations in BSA.

Leaders and adults over 18 sleep and shower with adults.

Scouts (under 18) shower and sleep separately (the only exception to this policy is if your parent is a leader, you are allowed to share a tent with them, but that rarely happens because most kids would rather be with their friends)...

I can also speak from direct experience. I was a Scout my whole childhood (up until I turned 18 I was in). Never once did I shower or share a tent with an adult. They have their own areas. And, I went on just about every camping, backpacking, and travel experience that was avaliable.... That just does not happen...

There are also strict rules of two (two scouts and two leaders at a minimum), so that no kid and adult are ever alone together in any scenario even just in a classroom.... (Again the only policy exception is parents with their kid....)
November 20th, 2020 at 5:30:50 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Nothing wrong with banning gay males from what could be intimate situations such as camping and showering, etc with young males. the same as nothing wrong with banning straight males from the same with young females.

In fact either is smart for the protection of all involved.

You gotta love his tortured logic. Someone brings up banning openly gay guys, but then he tries a little bait and switch by bringing up gay guys who are in the closet?? Totally unrelated (and idiotic) point.

I swear, whenever anyone here says anything critical at all about the gays, this guy has to swoop in like a white knight to defend them. Literally no other member here is like that. I wonder why?? 🤔
November 20th, 2020 at 6:19:37 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
I've heard quite a few stories of people who delved into same sex situations, decided it wasn't for them and didn't do it again.

So you believe if someone tries broccoli once, but didn't care for it, they are defined for life as a broccoli lover? IN actuality, lots of people try lots of things once and don't go back for it again.

I’ll accept your analysis. But as far as the topic at hand, the BSA molesters, I don’t think it is relevant. They are not ‘try it once to see if I like it ‘ kind of stories. So I will concede that if a man had sex once with another consenting man, decided it was not for him , that that man can be a straight man.
November 20th, 2020 at 6:27:55 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Gandler
So how should closet gay people be banned?

Should you have to take a polygraph?
Besides the fact the fact that banning gay people is just ethically wrong....

No realistic way to ban closeted gays. Short of polygraph like you mention. For BSA, how about this polygraph exam.... “Are you considering molesting any of the boys...”. This way any gay man not planning on bad things can be a troop leader. As I remind the audience periodically.... there are thousands of gay Drs and nurses working every day without incident.
November 20th, 2020 at 6:29:37 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: SOOPOO
Maybe you and I disagree on just semantics. A man who has sex with young boys is either homosexual or bisexual. To me, once you have sex with someone of your gender, you can no longer be classified as ‘straight’.

I agree on the semantics but you (and AZ/Shrek) are missing the point.

Openly gay men rape children far less often than men who are married to a woman and closeted.

99% of kid rapists fit the Priest or Jerry Sundusky profile, not the gay parade fairy profile.

I think that fact is offensive to Shrek and AZ because of how much they hate the latter.
November 20th, 2020 at 6:42:00 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: gamerfreak
I agree on the semantics but you (and AZ/Shrek) are missing the point.

Openly gay men rape children far less often than men who are married to a woman and closeted.

99% of kid rapists fit the Priest or Jerry Sundusky profile, not the gay parade fairy profile.

I think that fact is offensive to Shrek and AZ because of how much they hate the latter.

But you are missing the point. We do not really care if they are open or closeted. A bad idea is a bad idea.

And what really miffs us is this attitude of "gays do not molest." Somehow any guy that goes after youth males is "straight" but yet goes for other males. Yet at the same time we are led to believe a gay male is not even attracted to youth males until the youth male shows his ID at age 18 then all is well.

I will always maintain that gay males around youth males need to be held to the same exclusion standards of straight males around youth females. If the gay rights crowd does not like being treated equal like that well too bad.
The President is a fink.
November 20th, 2020 at 6:55:36 AM permalink
Shrek
But you are missing the point. We do not really care if they are open or closeted.
I swear, the idiotic libbie arguments in this thread is insanity man.

Whenever we make an irrefutable statement like "Gay males have sex with other males", the libbies be like:

November 20th, 2020 at 7:06:52 AM permalink
gamerfreak
But you are missing the point. We do not really care if they are open or closeted. A bad idea is a bad idea.

And what really miffs us is this attitude of "gays do not molest." Somehow any guy that goes after youth males is "straight" but yet goes for other males. Yet at the same time we are led to believe a gay male is not even attracted to youth males until the youth male shows his ID at age 18 then all is well.

I will always maintain that gay males around youth males need to be held to the same exclusion standards of straight males around youth females. If the gay rights crowd does not like being treated equal like that well too bad.

An analogy for what you are suggesting would be going to inner city Chicago, and profiling middle aged professionals with good jobs for all the gang crime.

The fact is that nearly all child rape is perpetrated by middle age men who are either married or no one suspects is gay. It does not matter how any of us personally view homosexuality, there is no getting around the profile of nearly every kid rapist.

You are also getting dangerously close to thought policing with all of this. There is no test for homosexuality. If society tells gay people they can’t do something, they are going to do it anyway and just remain closeted.
November 20th, 2020 at 7:08:15 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Quote: Shrek
I swear, the idiotic libbie arguments in this thread is insanity man.

Whenever we make an irrefutable statement like "Gay males have sex with other males", the libbies be like:

https://media4.giphy.com/media/2dcW1Dlu2sZnW/giphy-downsized.gif

Can you point out where I refuted that statement?

I also voted for Trump ... not sure if that makes me a Libby.
November 20th, 2020 at 7:17:25 AM permalink
Shrek
I will always maintain that gay males around youth males need to be held to the same exclusion standards of straight males around youth females.

Notice how none of the white knights bother to address this statement?

Gee, I wonder why????? 🙄