The Gay Thread

November 20th, 2020 at 7:26:35 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: Shrek
Notice how none of the white knights bother to address this statement?

Gee, I wonder why????? 🙄

You must have me blocked.

Does this guy have anyone unblocked other than AZ and EB? I think he has even put SOOPOO into the extreme left Libby category.
November 20th, 2020 at 8:33:18 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: gamerfreak
You must have me blocked.

Does this guy have anyone unblocked other than AZ and EB? I think he has even put SOOPOO into the extreme left Libby category.

I don’t think so. Shrek and I agree on more than we disagree. I am fine pointing out when I disagree with him. This particular thread he is on the money. Any man that has se. with boys is a homosexual, or bisexual. It may not be relevant in divising ways to protect the boys, as as stated many of the abusers are closeted, some even in traditional marriages.

Also answering an EB post.... I also am repulsed at the thought of gay ex involving me... I really couldn’t even conceive of ‘trying it once’. But I have a nephew who is gay. Before coming out he tried dating and sex with girls and eventually said it just felt wrong. Same for a lesbian colleague. She tried to be ‘normal’ and had a boyfriend, had sex with him and ‘it felt wrong’. To me, it is a clear decision. To others, maybe not so. Just the fact that there are bisexuals shows that the ambiguity is possible.
November 20th, 2020 at 8:57:26 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: SOOPOO
I don’t think so. Shrek and I agree on more than we disagree. I am fine pointing out when I disagree with him. This particular thread he is on the money. Any man that has se. with boys is a homosexual, or bisexual. It may not be relevant in divising ways to protect the boys, as as stated many of the abusers are closeted, some even in traditional marriages.

Also answering an EB post.... I also am repulsed at the thought of gay ex involving me... I really couldn’t even conceive of ‘trying it once’. But I have a nephew who is gay. Before coming out he tried dating and sex with girls and eventually said it just felt wrong. Same for a lesbian colleague. She tried to be ‘normal’ and had a boyfriend, had sex with him and ‘it felt wrong’. To me, it is a clear decision. To others, maybe not so. Just the fact that there are bisexuals shows that the ambiguity is possible.

I’m not arguing that a man who rapes boys isn’t gay. Not sure who is.
November 20th, 2020 at 9:16:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: gamerfreak
I’m not arguing that a man who rapes boys isn’t gay. Not sure who is.

Not sure who is?

The posters who are saying these are married, straight males are saying it.
The President is a fink.
November 20th, 2020 at 9:33:39 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Not sure who is?

+100

This is why I have so many people blocked. You can't even have an open & honest intellectual discussion with these white knights.

We give them a simple, uncontroversial statement like "Straight men should not be around young girls, gay men should not be around young boys", yet the white knights lose their sh-- and start arguing that openly gay men should be able to be around young boys. 🙄

Any man that has se. with boys is a homosexual, or bisexual.

Also answering an EB post.... I also am repulsed at the thought of gay ex involving me... I really couldn’t even conceive of ‘trying it once’.
+100
November 20th, 2020 at 10:39:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
If banning gay males wasn’t working all those years in the first place then why would it work now?

All you’d do is keep out good intentioned Mr. Rogers types.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 20th, 2020 at 10:45:44 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Also since when do you find a criminal by asking them 1 question? Since never.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 20th, 2020 at 2:02:38 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
No realistic way to ban closeted gays. Short of polygraph like you mention. For BSA, how about this polygraph exam.... “Are you considering molesting any of the boys...”. This way any gay man not planning on bad things can be a troop leader. As I remind the audience periodically.... there are thousands of gay Drs and nurses working every day without incident.

I think your last statement is spot on. The vast majority of gay people are not abusers.

The current 2-2 policy and background checks has brought abuse rates to virtually zero. I do not see the need to change anything in this regard.

Right now BSA is probably one of the safest organizations because of the amount of both public and internal scrutiny that it receives (rightly in many cases).

That being said writing off BSA as an important youth organization is also bad. I disagree with their policies still (such as their continued open discrimination against atheists), but I still maintain that it is one of the best youth organizations young people can join as far as leadership training, survival skills, and general life skills that you will never learn at school. I feel bad for the kid of any parent here who is not allowed to join because of the lawsuits from the 1980s.....
I will always defend BSA as an organization, even if I disagree with some of their policies.
November 20th, 2020 at 2:57:28 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Gandler

That being said writing off BSA as an important youth organization is also bad. I disagree with their policies still (such as their continued open discrimination against atheists), but I still maintain that it is one of the best youth organizations young people can join as far as leadership training, survival skills, and general life skills that you will never learn at school. I feel bad for the kid of any parent here who is not allowed to join because of the lawsuits from the 1980s.....
I will always defend BSA as an organization, even if I disagree with some of their policies.

Very well said.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 20th, 2020 at 4:45:25 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Not sure who is?

Go look at the records.

Virtually 100% of the men in BSA who were offenders were straight-married (most) or identified as straight and had kids via heterosexual sex.....

This is not even up for dispute.

They were "straight-married men", this is a correct description....

There was not a single gay-married man involved in BSA lawsuits or criminal cases.... And, I can't even find a record of one who identified as gay......

If you can point me to a public record of a gay-married man or even a man who identified as gay or bi involved in these cases I would happily stand corrected.... (though even if you somehow find one or two, the stats still stand that virtually all were straight-married or identified as straight).... There are endless public records involving these incidents, so it should be easy to find....