1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

November 17th, 2021 at 2:09:44 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: terapined
I agree also
That's why I still wear a mask indoors when others are around despite being fully vaccinated
I don't want to catch this insidious virus even though I'm vaccinated
We still don't fully understand this virus, especially long covid
Ditto. . I and immediate family (with medical vulnerabilities) maintain situational awareness, still getting on with our lives, but weighing up every close contact event and mitigating the risk. E.g. Home delivery of most groceries. Dining out at quiet times, avoiding crowded places. Wearing masks in busy indoor public places. Oh and we all just had our booster shots. Our mitigations are not 100% protection, but have worked so far and have not been at all traumatic. Actually I find it liberating to have some consciousness of the risks.
It helps that we are not particularly social.
Let others do their own cost-benefit analysis.
November 17th, 2021 at 2:33:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: OnceDear
Drich, Are you familiar with the Total Perspective Vortex from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

https://hitchhikers.fandom.com/wiki/Total_Perspective_Vortex#Description
"The machine was originally created by its inventor Trin Tragula as a way to get back at his wife. She was always telling him to get a "sense of proportion," so he showed her the Vortex. Tragula was horrified to learn he had destroyed her mind, even as he proved his point that if life was going to live in such a vast Universe, one thing it could not afford to have was a sense of perspective."

$:o)

If that is where we are how did they get so far out to get the picture?
The President is a fink.
November 17th, 2021 at 9:48:17 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
OSHA has suspended activities related to the implementation and enforcement of the vaccine mandate

Quote:
On November 12, 2021, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit granted a motion to stay OSHA's COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Emergency Temporary Standard, published on November 5, 2021 (86 Fed. Reg. 61402) ("ETS"). The court ordered that OSHA "take no steps to implement or enforce" the ETS "until further court order." While OSHA remains confident in its authority to protect workers in emergencies, OSHA has suspended activities related to the implementation and enforcement of the ETS pending future developments in the litigation.

Let's go Brandon
November 17th, 2021 at 10:08:12 AM permalink
Starburger
Threads: 6
I have heard of at least three people who passed away from Covid after getting fully vaccinated. All three of these people had underlying health conditions. This leads credence to my point that harassment of non vaccinated people should stop. People who have underlying health conditions that could make them more susceptible to Covid if fully vaccinated shouldn't get vaccinated.
One man's offense is another man's humor.
November 17th, 2021 at 1:03:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Michigan once again has the honor of being the number one state in the country for new covid cases and covid deaths. Followed by Minnesota and New Mexico. It's even worse than it was last Thanksgiving. Has to be because of schools in session and colleges and people are going to church again every Sunday.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 17th, 2021 at 1:42:55 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Michigan once again has the honor of being the number one state in the country for new covid cases and covid deaths. Followed by Minnesota and New Mexico. It's even worse than it was last Thanksgiving. Has to be because of schools in session and colleges and people are going to church again every Sunday.

The only MI data that matters:

Quote:
According to data released Wednesday, the MDHHS says that between Jan. 15 and Nov. 5, there have been a total of 77,985 breakthrough COVID-19 cases, 2,009 breakthrough hospitalizations and 944 breakthrough deaths.

Those numbers are nowhere near as high as case and death rates among the unvaccinated: Officials say between Jan. 15 and Nov. 5, there have been 573,160 COVID cases, 15,066 hospitalizations and 6,760 deaths among individuals who were not fully vaccinated.

Getting my booster shot Friday!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 17th, 2021 at 4:48:07 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
Getting my booster shot Friday!

Hmmmm, since you are not over 65 years old, I hope that your underlying medical condition is not serious and you are following the guidance in accordance with the CDC's booster eligibility rules.

I know that you would not lie to get the booster shot when not eligible.
Let's go Brandon
November 17th, 2021 at 4:57:53 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
Hmmmm, since you are not over 65 years old, I hope that your underlying medical condition is not serious and you are following the guidance in accordance with the CDC's booster eligibility rules.

I lied. Deal with it. 🤷‍♂️
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 17th, 2021 at 5:27:04 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25

Has it been 6 months, or does it matter how long since the first one? My Dr. is strongly suggesting I get the flu shot and the multi pneumonia shot while I'm killing time waiting for the booster. He says he doesn't think I'll make it through getting Covid regardless, having survived chemo.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 17th, 2021 at 5:27:35 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Eligibility rules?
I'm 62
I had no idea
I simply walked into Walmart and asked for a booster. After looking at my vax card and drivers lisc and insurance card. Got my booster. Easy peasy
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"