Page 3 of 7<123456>Last »
December 25th, 2019 at 10:28:56 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: aceofspades

Most people don't realize there
is not one thing unique about
Christianity.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 25th, 2019 at 12:34:58 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Today is the day the Second Person of the Most Holy Trinity was born into our world; truly and fully God and truly and fully human. There is no more unique and awesome truth that has even been dreamt of, none of those other stories while containing similarities even come close to the fundamental truth of Christianity. It is so great a story that everything before is foreshadowing and everything afterwards is some reflection.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
December 25th, 2019 at 2:14:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: FrGamble
Today is the day the Second Person of the Most Holy Trinity was born into our world; truly and fully God and truly and fully human. There is no more unique and awesome truth that has even been dreamt of, none of those other stories while containing similarities even come close to the fundamental truth of Christianity. It is so great a story that everything before is foreshadowing and everything afterwards is some reflection.

Like I said, you missed your calling.
You would have made a great car
salesman:

Today is the day we introduce the line of new Cadillac's. There is no more unique and awesome car that has even been dreamt of, none of those other cars, while containing similarities, even come close to the fundamental truth of the superiority of Cadillac.. It is so great a car that everything before is foreshadowing and everything afterwards is just a Cadillac reflection.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 25th, 2019 at 3:36:59 PM permalink
FrGamble
Thanks Evenbob I think you understood my post well.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
December 25th, 2019 at 4:01:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Thanks Evenbob I think you understood my post well.

It's the :always be closing' speech
from Glengary Glenross, except
they were selling real estate and
you're selling Jesus. Real estate
is a much better deal..
December 25th, 2019 at 5:07:39 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

And that is why the birth of Christ is the center of all timekeeping.*

*some folks will correctly point out that Christ was born 5-7BC or so. The exactness of the date has nothing to do with it, that this became the center of all timekeeping is what is important.
The President is a fink.
December 25th, 2019 at 5:14:34 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: Evenbob
Quote: aceofspades

Most people don't realize there
is not one thing unique about
Christianity.
Wrong again. There is one and only one thing that is unique about Christianity.
December 25th, 2019 at 5:25:15 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83

Padre - it is much more likely and chronologically accurate to state that JC was born in September
December 25th, 2019 at 6:45:25 PM permalink
FrGamble
I don't think so. I've seen lots of different arguments about this and the theory I find most convincing is that the actual date was indeed right around this time.
December 25th, 2019 at 8:58:08 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
And that is why the birth of Christ is the center of all timekeeping.*

And the 7 week days are named after
Roman gods and the sun and moon
and are used worldwide. You aren't
making the point you think you're
making.
Page 3 of 7<123456>Last »