Issue for the 2020s -- fertility rate

Page 13 of 14« First<1011121314>
August 21st, 2022 at 11:18:23 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine
“Marijuana fueled brawl”, where the police show up at a tavern or home just doesn’t seem to be catching on.

There may be increased shoplifting of snacks from the 7-11.

I think marijuana is more of a wildcard as its a hallucinogen. Alcohol is a depressant so it should make people more chill (though this often does not seem the case). But, I think any kind of drug that alters your mental state has the possibility of causing aggression.
Marijuana certainly has a long history of being used by ancient warriors to lower their qualms for killing (granted this is generally through organized means). Even in modern contexts a lot of gangs use marijuana before violence.

Society would be better off without marijuana or alcohol.
August 21st, 2022 at 12:04:51 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
A scientific study was done on the effects of mj, and it was found that if a squirrel smokes 700 joints a day, he is more likely to play with his nuts than store them.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 21st, 2022 at 12:17:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The stigma and penalties against LSD delayed research for decades.

Quote:
Drug overdoses can be life-threatening, but for two women who accidentally took massive hits of LSD, the experience was life changing -- and in a good way.

A 46-year-old woman snorted a staggering 550 times the normal recreational dose of LSD and not only survived, but found that the foot pain she had suffered from since her 20s was dramatically reduced.

Separately, a 15-year-old girl with bipolar disorder overdosed on 10 times the normal dose of the drug, which she said resulted in a massive improvement in her mental health.

Their experiences were detailed in case reports published in the Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs last month, along with that of a third woman who accidentally overdosed on LSD during the second week of pregnancy. She ultimately gave birth to a healthy son, now 18, who has not shown any impaired development.

he 49-year-old woman, known as CB, had contracted Lyme disease in her early 20s, which damaged her feet and ankles and left her in "significant pain."
In September 2015, she took 55 milligrams of what she believed was cocaine but was actually "pure LSD in powder form."

The authors defined a normal recreational dose as 100 micrograms -- equal to 0.1 milligrams.
The woman blacked out and vomited frequently for the next 12 hours but reported feeling "pleasantly high" for the 12 hours after that -- still vomiting, but less often.

According to her roommate, she sat mostly still in a chair, either with her eyes open or rolled back, occasionally speaking random words. Ten hours later, she was able to hold a conversation and "seemed coherent."

Her foot pain was gone the next day and she stopped using morphine for five days. While the pain returned, she was able to control it with a lower dose of morphine and a microdose of LSD every three days. After more than two years, in January 2018, she stopped using both morphine and LSD and reported no withdrawal symptoms, although the case report said she did experience an increase in anxiety, depression and social withdrawal.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/27/health/lsd-overdoses-case-studies-wellness/index.html
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 21st, 2022 at 9:04:32 PM permalink
Mooseton
Threads: 0
If you have any family that have OD’d on it, you might change your opinion.

Edit: Tell it to my vegetable brother.
Double edit: His birthday was yesterday and he would love to hear about the benefits of LSD. 🙄
August 21st, 2022 at 10:07:04 PM permalink
Mooseton
Threads: 0
Just take 550 doses yourself if that’s what you’re promoting.
August 22nd, 2022 at 2:59:25 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mooseton

If somebody wants to do it. Oh well
I don't want a nanny state
Amazing how conservatives are now for the nanny state instead of freedom
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 22nd, 2022 at 5:44:16 AM permalink
rxwine
I'm not for anyone dying on anything by OD.

Quote:
It is responsible for 56,000 emergency department visits, 2,600 hospitalizations, and 500 deaths per year in the United States.

That's Tylenol.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15239078/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 22nd, 2022 at 5:49:48 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
If you have any family that have OD’d on it, you might change your opinion.

Edit: Tell it to my vegetable brother.
Double edit: His birthday was yesterday and he would love to hear about the benefits of LSD. 🙄

Sorry to hear about it
Sorry to hear original pink Floyd member Syd Barrett went crazy after too much acid
Oh well
Right up there with hard core alcoholics
Freedom has its price
I'd rather have freedom then a nanny state
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 22nd, 2022 at 8:17:54 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: terapined
Sorry to hear about it
Sorry to hear original pink Floyd member Syd Barrett went crazy after too much acid
Oh well
Right up there with hard core alcoholics
Freedom has its price
I'd rather have freedom then a nanny state

I consider myself as holding nanny state positions, but people assume it includes protecting people from themselves. It doesn't.

Covid pretty much is a perfect example. My position is if you want to risk getting a disease and dying, fine. You've made that decision for yourself.

But it makes all the difference in the world when it is an infectious disease and you're putting other people at risk.

Of course, if you do something to yourself, that may be awful to other people around you. But I'm not going to deny someone the right to do that. Because I believe your right to do it is greater than their right to prevent you. There're other issues if it's a minor vs an adult. But I'll leave it up to someone else to figure that out on an individual basis.
August 22nd, 2022 at 9:35:47 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96

When I was around 15 or so we were staying at Long Beach Island in NJ on vacation and I wandered around and was invited to a party.

At that point I was pretty new to drugs and alcohol, having only sneaked a few swigs of my dad's beer and smoked a few joints with my buddies.

A bottle of wine and a joint were passed around at the party and after a bit I felt "just fine."

The person to my side had some pink powder in aluminum foil; they licked their finger, put it in the powder, licked the finger and then passed me the foil and powder, saying nothing.

Clueless, I tried it, liked the flavor, and then continued to eat more and more...only to be told after eating most of it that "That's mescaline."

What a wild night, what a Grand Unveiling.

Many "new doors" opened to me that night: not sure what was real and what wasn't.

What a weird sensation rolling in at dawn, my parents waiting for me, all concerned, and me trying to talk to them while simply tripping my ass off.

In the following years I experimented with various hallucinogens in college but abruptly stopped when my brother, who was attending another college, wound up in the hospital for two days, his mind blown, due to a "bad trip:" he and three buddies split a four way hit of barrel acid and were playing their guitars in a dorm room when my brother said he lost consciousness and was unresponsive for two days before finally coming back down.

Wake up call: 'nuf said for me, no psychedelics thereafter.

No regrets, no recommendations.
Page 13 of 14« First<1011121314>