No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 19th, 2020 at 6:51:10 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: kenarman
So the first states with Covid were Oregon, Washington, New York and California. Last time I looked these were all Democratic states. The worst outbreak has been New York which is blue as mentioned. Be willing to defend your position TP. What actions of Trump caused the out break to be worse.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 19th, 2020 at 6:51:45 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
OMG....

Y’all know Donny sat on his small hands in January, February, and most of March in regards to responding the coronavirus because he was afraid of spooking the markets.

You’re honestly trying to argue that we can’t be sure less Americans would be dead if someone competent was president???? Seriously?!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 19th, 2020 at 7:38:08 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
OMG....

Y’all know Donny sat on his small hands in January, February, and most of March in regards to responding the coronavirus because he was afraid of spooking the markets.

You’re honestly trying to argue that we can’t be sure less Americans would be dead if someone competent was president???? Seriously?!

By Jan 31 Trump had initiated a 14 day quarantine for any body coming from Hubei Province and declared a public health emergency. At that point there were 7 cases in the US. That sounds like a pretty fast response to me. Your turn for some facts and not just verbal diarrhea about Trump. I already get that you don't like him.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 19th, 2020 at 8:12:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
By Jan 31 Trump had initiated a 14 day quarantine for any body coming from Hubei Province and declared a public health emergency. At that point there were 7 cases in the US. That sounds like a pretty fast response to me. Your turn for some facts and not just verbal diarrhea about Trump. I already get that you don't like him.

Quote:
coronavirus began spreading in New York weeks before the first confirmed case and came to the area via travelers from Europe, not China, new research suggests.

Two separate teams of scientists studying the genetics of the SARS-CoV-2 virus in the region came to similar conclusions: People were spreading the virus in New York as early as late January, before more widespread testing began, and it came mostly from Europe, not Asia.

"We know with certainty that these were coming from European strains," Adriana Heguy, director of the Genome Technology Center at NYU Langone Health, told USA TODAY.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/04/09/new-york-coronavirus-cases-spread-months-came-europe-study/5120590002/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 19th, 2020 at 8:22:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
There's no official rule that the leader takes the heat for a failure if it happens, but it is done in all kinds of business, government and military situations in the US and all across the world.

Ceo's resigns, commanders step down, etc.,
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 20th, 2020 at 3:54:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/04/09/new-york-coronavirus-cases-spread-months-came-europe-study/5120590002/

You are good at predicting the past! Next are you going to tell us what stocks we should have invested in back in January?

You have to act on the info you have when you have it. Nobody knew in January what was coming or from where. The haters complaint of Trump "costing lives" are pathetic.
The President is a fink.
May 20th, 2020 at 4:10:34 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

lol... it’s almost like you thought this would be a difficult task for me.

Plenty of “facts” in these articles:

The missing six weeks: how Trump failed the biggest test of his life

How Trump let the U.S. fall behind the curve on coronavirus threat

Mismanagement, missed opportunities: How the White House bungled the coronavirus response

The Trump administration’s botched coronavirus response, explained

'We have it totally under control': An inside look at how the Trump administration botched America's response to the coronavirus pandemic

There is NO ARGUMENT against the fact that more Americans are dead because Donny is president. None.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 20th, 2020 at 6:12:59 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I totally agree
Too fight this virus, you need a multi pronged strategy in which the WH totally failed
Kenarman keeps pointing to the travel ban
It didn't do dick
We lead the planet in cases and we lead the planet in deaths.
The numbers don't lie.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 20th, 2020 at 6:13:38 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
There is NO ARGUMENT against the fact that more Americans are dead because Donny is president. None.

There is no way to prove how many deaths would have happened or not happened had any particular set of actions been taken at any point, so they articles do mot present "facts"; they present arguments as to why it might be true that more people died than should have.

There were missteps; there always are in a crisis. The President also doesn't have broad power under our Constitution to shut down everything; those orders came from individual state governors. He misstated his power, the left rightly called him out on it (as I also mentioned at one point), and now they want to hold him accountable for not using the power that he didn't have. He has the power of the "bully pulpit"...not the power to run states.

There are lots of reasons there may have been less deaths that are in no way connected to the President. For example, putting Covid-19 patients in nursing homes with patients that weren't infected. Perhaps if people in NYC didn't live on top of each other in tight quarters, which is not the fault of anyone, less would have died. Perhaps if China had been honest, a lot less people may have died.

The broad brush of "more Americans are dead because of..." is a good talking point, but only because no one really knows what might have happened.

We can go left/right/left on this all day long, though, and we will be in the same place when we go to sleep tonight.
May 20th, 2020 at 6:17:50 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
Kenarman keeps pointing to the travel ban
It didn't do dick

You cannot prove that.

You can make a case for implementing a total border shutdown and travel bad with quarantines for everyone entering the country may have been a better idea, but who was recommending that drastic action? People called him names just for shutting down a lot of entry from China.