No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 28th, 2020 at 1:58:01 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
I found some statistics by Covid deaths ranked by wealth of countries. This disaster may be the first world wide one to affect primarily the rich countries.

77.2% High income
19.1% Upper middle income
3.4% Lower middle income
0.3% Low income

The percentage of deaths that occurred in May give some indication of recovery. As stated earlier Sweden is very alarming because they did not quarantine, and the death rate is getting worse and worse.

41.7% Sweden
39.3% Poland
34.2% Finland
30.3% United Kingdom
27.0% Ireland
25.2% Germany
22.0% Europe
21.6% Denmark
20.5% European Union
19.8% Netherlands
16.3% Italy
14.6% Spain
14.6% Switzerland
14.0% Norway

The percentage of deaths that occurred in May give some indication of recovery.
Outside of Europe

79.9% Mexico
77.1% South America
75.5% Russia
55.7% Canada
51.6% Japan
39.3% United States
36.0% World
28.5% High income Nations
21.2% Iran
8.2% South Korea
May 28th, 2020 at 2:01:54 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Pacomartin
It does seem really odd. A hundred years ago there was some speculation that China's folk medicine kept the death rate low. But India has folk medicine as well, and they were devastated.
Some folk medicine works. Could be that one ingredient in the China recipe may have been a higher content of penicillen? Maybe diet or genetics?

Quote:
COVID-19 seems unnatural even within Europe. Germany and Eastern Europe is shockingly low compared to Western Europe, and it is difficult to think that Germany's public health response was that much superior.
The German people continue to amaze me, it seems most everyone I know that is still in good physical condition and probably working a physical job in their 80's, has a predominate German heritage. I think of them as an outlier, maybe some help from eugenics?

Quote:
The death rate in May when it gets warmer has differed radically in the countries that took the primary hit. Sweden's percentage is particularly alarming since "herd immunity" was supposed to kick in by now. Sweden is the only country in Europe that did not order a general quarantine, and they seem to be paying the price.
Look at the top 4 country's and then their geo latitude. Maybe something to do with Vitamin D, as that is part of some of the treatment regimens. And the country's with lower rates, perhaps those country's have had more exposure to Malaria, and hence HCQ?

Percentage of Deaths from COVID-19 that occurred in May
42% SWE Sweden
39% USA
30% GBR Britain
20% NLD Netherlands
16% ITA Italy
16% FRA France
9% ESP Spain

Quote:
What will it take to achieve herd immunity with SARS-CoV-2?
As with any other infection, there are two ways to achieve herd immunity: A large proportion of the population either gets infected or gets a protective vaccine. Based on early estimates of this virus’s infectiousness, we will likely need at least 70% of the population to be immune to have herd protection.
It always boils down in the end to peoples natural immunity. That will be the course for cancer treatments coming forward. Immune boosting and gene therapy will replace much of the barbaric treatments now. Sars-Cov-2 will bounce around in the public for years. Even if they come up with a vaccine for this iteration of Corona, it won't provide immunity from a slight variation.

One good thing I think from all this, is maybe people will be more germ aware and learn to wash their hands and pay attention where they cough as they always should have. But I don't think that holds true for the 3rd world country's on the list? It doesn't make sense. Maybe we are washing our hands to much.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 28th, 2020 at 2:03:54 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Pacomartin
I found some statistics by Covid deaths ranked by wealth of countries. This disaster may be the first world wide one to affect primarily the rich countries.

77.2% High income
19.1% Upper middle income
3.4% Lower middle income
0.3% Low income
Do you know if there is a break down in the Swedish example by age, and ethnicity? I see they don't report much on their new immigrant population. Or are the new migrants the ones with immunity?

Maybe the country's further down the list already weeded out weak in their genetic gene pool? Ninety eight percent of Massachusetts deaths had underlying, those that had those issues in African or S. American, or Asian country's died a while back?

Viet Nam had very good numbers on that list. Interesting opinion story about VN. https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/05/27/vietnam-criticized-for-its-first-round-victory-over-covid-19/
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 28th, 2020 at 2:40:16 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I got tested today.

No reason, other than it was free (and right outside of my office). They have temporary testing centers around the city where you can walk or drive through.
No ID required. Results are provided via email completely anonymously..... And, its the throat swab test, very easy, the whole process took about 3 mins (no exaggeration, give email or phone number, swab, place swab in tube, done, throw tube in container, done). And, you do everything yourself (they instruct you on how to swab and then place the sample). No physical contact with anyone. Supposedly the email results come within 3-5 days.

I would encourage anyone to go through these testing stations. We should have had them months ago (in my city today was the first day that they opened).... I have a feeling the number of confirmed cases will spike as these walkthrough and drive through sites get rolled out in more cities. It is sad how far behind we are on these sites compared to South Korea.
May 28th, 2020 at 2:53:55 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
I got tested today.

No reason, other than it was free (and right outside of my office). They have temporary testing centers around the city where you can walk or drive through.
No ID required. Results are provided via email completely anonymously..... And, its the throat swab test, very easy, the whole process took about 3 mins (no exaggeration, give email or phone number, swab, place swab in tube, done, throw tube in container, done). And, you do everything yourself (they instruct you on how to swab and then place the sample). No physical contact with anyone. Supposedly the email results come within 3-5 days.

I would encourage anyone to go through these testing stations. We should have had them months ago (in my city today was the first day that they opened).... I have a feeling the number of confirmed cases will spike as these walkthrough and drive through sites get rolled out in more cities. It is sad how far behind we are on these sites compared to South Korea.

The sooner you catch it the more effective hydroxychloroquine will be in treating it.
The President is a fink.
May 28th, 2020 at 2:57:30 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
The sooner you catch it the more effective hydroxychloroquine will be in treating it.

I have no symptoms and take precautions so its highly unlikely that O have it. But, I will consult my doctor before taking anything if so...
May 28th, 2020 at 2:59:38 PM permalink
kewlj
Threads: 3
I got tested today.

Yes, we SHOULD have had this test months ago. That is when it was really needed to stop or slow the spread. Now it is basically too late for that. It is now just testing people so they know if they have covid or a cold.

And the test we now need, the antibody tests are a complete joke. We need this test so that people know if they have already had the virus (maybe with no or ;little symptoms), in which case they may/should have some immunity and can get back to normal. Most of the antibody tests are a complete joke. Up to 50% false readings, so why bother.

For anyone that may not know the antibody tests that are problematic are the quick finger prick type tests. They were approved too quickly before they knew if they worked. Now if you go to a lab like Quest, or a hospital and have blood drawn (traditional blood test), those antibody tests are much more reliable. Not perfect, no test is but much more reliable in the error range that is considered acceptable.
May 28th, 2020 at 3:01:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I have no symptoms and take precautions so its highly unlikely that O have it. But, I will consult my doctor before taking anything if so...

If you are concerned take zinc. It has not vanished from shelves for no reason.
The President is a fink.
May 28th, 2020 at 3:04:32 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman

Don’t forget to inject disinfectant or stick a UV flashlight up your bum! I’m hearing that can be just as effective.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 28th, 2020 at 3:55:05 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Real tearjerker this one, at least they tried:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kentucky.com/living/religion/paul-prather/article242562411.html

Coronavirus-(!!!?!?!?!) v. God-0
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman