No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 3rd, 2020 at 6:12:59 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: terapined
How long before Trump throws Pence under the bus when things eventually go sideways due to the virus.

This is an underrated comment. Pence is one of the few (the only?) employees of the executive branch that the President can't fire. But if the coronavirus epidemic gets big & ugly, it'll be the perfect excuse to dump Pence from the 2020 ticket & bring in Nikki Haley. And if the Trump campaign is clever, they'll make the announcement in the middle of the Democrat Convention in July.
March 3rd, 2020 at 6:38:44 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: ams288
I saw pictures someone took of extremely long lines to buy water/toiletries inside the Henderson Costco.

Funny you mention that. I went to the Summerlin Costco today and they were all out of bottled water and looked low on toilet paper and paper towels. Long times for Monday around 3 PM. I posted about it on my Facebook page yesterday.

I'd like the record to show I bought stuff I normally buy.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 3rd, 2020 at 7:52:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: reno
This is an underrated comment. Pence is one of the few (the only?) employees of the executive branch that the President can't fire. But if the coronavirus epidemic gets big & ugly, it'll be the perfect excuse to dump Pence from the 2020 ticket & bring in Nikki Haley. And if the Trump campaign is clever, they'll make the announcement in the middle of the Democrat Convention in July.

That's funny, Boz wanted to bet me 25k or something, that Trump would never toss Pence to the curb.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 3rd, 2020 at 9:45:05 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Survival rates seem to be lower than influenza. And, of course there is no vaccine, so physical prevention measures are the only way to prevent spread.

But, if you are healthy and receive proper treatment, you will almost certainly be fine (the only deaths in the U.S. to my knowledge are elderly people in nursing homes and other vulnerable people).

If this post is strictly about U.S. death rates, if it reaches 1000 it will be strange (I think closer to 100), (there are hardly over 100 infected people).
I believe it (U.S. death count) still has not broke 10 (and like I said, extremely vulnerable people in most cases).

In other parts of the world, it will be (and has been) a different story.

More people will die from texting and driving this month and this year (by a long shot) than from coronavirus in the same time period, and nobody will be afraid to drive with a cell phone in the car.
People are just panicking because it is an unknown (which is a valid reason for concern, but not a valid reason to panic).
March 4th, 2020 at 3:37:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: reno

Problem with your theory is that the whole epidemic will be forgotten by May and the people going bonkers of it will go back to thinking they will die from global warming.

The rest of us will be at a spring picnic laughing at their silliness.
The President is a fink.
March 4th, 2020 at 7:44:45 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
Problem with your theory is that the whole epidemic will be forgotten by May and the people going bonkers of it will go back to thinking they will die from global warming.

The rest of us will be at a spring picnic laughing at their silliness.

I have some international travel planned for May, all I know is as long as the airlines are flying I will be going.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 4th, 2020 at 8:19:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
I have some international travel planned for May, all I know is as long as the airlines are flying I will be going.

I Would be too.
The President is a fink.
March 4th, 2020 at 9:16:50 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
After a couple days of just cancelling and cancelling business travel
Its now dead. Nothing to do
No new bookings
Airlines and hotels are being devastated by this virus. Business travel is dead right now
Actually hoping to be laid off. Would rather golf.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 4th, 2020 at 9:26:16 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
No new bookings
Airlines and hotels are being devastated by this virus. Business travel is dead right now

Great time to book a Vegas trip! Plenty of rooms!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 4th, 2020 at 9:27:30 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
No new bookings

When you say 'laid off' you mean temporarily? Aren't there a lot of re booking and cancellations you are doing now?

United just announced that there will be no change fees for any flight booked in March.