1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 5th, 2020 at 6:49:35 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: terapined
I'm a Chinese male over 60; I'm pretty worried about this virus
Were you anywhere near the city of wohan or other areas of massive mingling of contagious victims?
It was not a hateful slur on your heritage, but merely a reference to the geography of the virus.
March 6th, 2020 at 5:33:17 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
I'm a Chinese male over 60. Im pretty worried about this virus

You might want to avoid those Trump rallies:

March 6th, 2020 at 6:10:41 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Do the things you are supposed to do to control any virus out there (was hands, don't touch face, etc.) many, maybe most, will not get the coronavirus and fewer will get the seasonal flu.

The panic is uncalled for and I wonder what the motivation for it could be???

Concern is different from panic. Panic hurts the economy; concern hinders it a lot difference. Who benefits from the panic?

A TV station in LA showed a medic going to a cruise ship before every break the other evening. Only when they stoked panic as much as possible did they get to the story...there was a fight on the cruise ship and someone needed treatment.

As they used to say in professional wrestling before they decided to go all PG, "Red turns green"....
March 6th, 2020 at 6:13:52 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko

More concerned about hate
https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-cops-investigating-anti-asian-bias-crime-20200305-7w3olaoujfe4fmb6npccdq2t2i-story.html?fbclid=IwAR00BvQT2FxjjD5aKkuFmi_WJHhMJTGmLIB0UhZ0_O0w74PTGS8tVIUzpQ4
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 6th, 2020 at 6:16:36 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: RonC
Do the things you are supposed to do to control any virus out there (was hands, don't touch face, etc.) many, maybe most, will not get the coronavirus and fewer will get the seasonal flu.

The panic is uncalled for and I wonder what the motivation for it could be???

Concern is different from panic. Panic hurts the economy; concern hinders it a lot difference. Who benefits from the panic?

A TV station in LA showed a medic going to a cruise ship before every break the other evening. Only when they stoked panic as much as possible did they get to the story...there was a fight on the cruise ship and someone needed treatment.

As they used to say in professional wrestling before they decided to go all PG, "Red turns green"....

This story really concerns me
China took this seriously
Our Govt is not
https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-man-self-quarantined-returning-173042979.html
A California man who self-quarantined after returning home from China amid the coronavirus outbreak said he is '100x more concerned' for his health in the US than he was in China
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 6th, 2020 at 6:37:49 AM permalink
RonC
This story really concerns me
China took this seriously
Our Govt is not
https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-man-self-quarantined-returning-173042979.html
A California man who self-quarantined after returning home from China amid the coronavirus outbreak said he is '100x more concerned' for his health in the US than he was in China

Yeah, please trust China for they way they handled this:

"In late December, a new coronavirus appeared in Wuhan, China and began to spread. A Chinese ophthalmologist named Li Wenliang went on social media and tried to sound the alarm. The local medical authority warned him that “any organizations or individuals are not allowed to release treatment information to the public without authorization.” In early January he was called to a police station, accused of “spreading rumors online” and “severely disrupting social order” and forced to sign a statement confessing his crime and promising to refrain from “unlawful acts.”"

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists/2020/2/11/21133045/coronavirus-china-doctor-whisteblower-coverup-lies-government-trump-steinberg

Our response may not have been perfect; responses to these things rarely are. I think we have quickly moved on to the right track with bipartisan support for money and resources committed to fighting the outbreak.

Panic is silly; concern is the proper response.
March 6th, 2020 at 7:13:06 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko

It will be interesting to see whether Donny continues to hold his rallies in the upcoming months if the coronavirus continues to spread, as it appears it will.

Obviously, it would be very irresponsible for him to continue having them. But would he be able to function without the 'deplorables' cheering him on every few days?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 6th, 2020 at 7:21:35 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
March 6th, 2020 at 7:24:16 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288
It will be interesting to see whether Donny continues to hold his rallies in the upcoming months if the coronavirus continues to spread, as it appears it will.

Obviously, it would be very irresponsible for him to continue having them. But would he be able to function without the 'deplorables' cheering him on every few days?

Would it also be irresponsible for Biden and Bernie to stop having events?

Or just Trump?
March 6th, 2020 at 8:30:14 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: RonC
Would it also be irresponsible for Biden and Bernie to stop having events?

Or just Trump?

The left is taking this virus a lot more serious then the right
Did you hear Trump on Hannity?

"Well, I think the 3.4 percent is really a false number. Now, and this is just my hunch, and — but based on a lot of conversations with a lot of people that do this. Because a lot people will have this and it's very mild. They'll get better very rapidly. They don't even see a doctor. They don't even call a doctor,
You never hear about those people. So you can't put them down in the category of the overall population in terms of this corona flu and — or virus. So you just can't do that,So if, you know, we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better, just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work but they get better."

The stupidity of Trump regarding this virus is astounding.