No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

October 9th, 2020 at 1:06:40 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
You should take a detour south to the Carlsbad Caverns if it is open. A huge cave with lots of colour. It takes an hour to walk around the main cavern if you are actually looking at things. Its a National Park. You could then stay south and go to Tombstone and see boot hill and the OK corral if you like that type of thing.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 11th, 2020 at 10:17:55 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
October 11th, 2020 at 11:16:00 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Shrek
Trump is cured!! 👏👏

That would take a team of psychiatrists.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 11th, 2020 at 11:52:37 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
That would take a team of psychiatrists.

And a full lobotomy.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 12th, 2020 at 6:45:47 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
COVID-19 can survive on bank notes, phone screens for 28 days: study
October 12th, 2020 at 11:36:31 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Santa re market0ace is heav8ly polic3d
October 12th, 2020 at 11:53:12 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Fleastiff
Santa re market0ace is heav8ly polic3d

Hmm
Protestors there yesterday
I've read a lot about the protest
More US history I was not aware of.
Sadly this was covered up and never mentioned in history books. During the Civil War, union soldiers were ordered to clear the west of Indians.
The civil war monument they want taken down is honoring those soldiers that cleared New Mexico of Indians. The inscription on the monument describes Indians as savages.
It's a pretty racist monument

It's not anti American to learn about this. Its history. There are rarely a good side and a bad side. History is shades of grey
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 12th, 2020 at 12:42:52 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Tanko
COVID-19 can survive on bank notes, phone screens for 28 days: study
I don't hold absolute faith in study's. According to this one, Corona would die rapidly at 104F. Here in Havasu we had a new record for days run in excess of 110, 54 days in a row were 110 or higher. In addition to that, for about 2 weeks during July Az., held the record for most cases in the world. And this county, Mohave, held the record in the state.

So I think test results can be subjective. Also of note to me, in the link they mention ways to sterilize money, and again UV light gets a nod. I have an air purifier in our living room [made by Idyllis] which has a AV-C light inside it. I can't swear as to the efficacy of the air purification, but when I clean out the filters it always has plenty of that fine flower dust on the carbon, and Hepa filters. The only time this thing has been turned off in ten years is when I change filters. It's quiet and has sensors inside that increase the flow rate when it sniffs something in the air. I know it is working because just washing something in the same room or wearing something scented sets it off into high speed.

Anyway, back to cleaning money. I'm pretty proud of how we cleaned some folding money here at the place. Does anyone else give it a thought?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 12th, 2020 at 1:36:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: petroglyph
]I don't hold absolute faith in study's. According to this one, Corona would die rapidly at 104F. Here in Havasu we had a new record for days run in excess of 110, 54 days in a row were 110 or higher. In addition to that, for about 2 weeks during July Az., held the record for most cases in the world. And this county, Mohave, held the record in the state.

So I think test results can be subjective. Also of note to me, in the link they mention ways to sterilize money, and again UV light gets a nod. I have an air purifier in our living room [made by Idyllis] which has a AV-C light inside it. I can't swear as to the efficacy of the air purification, but when I clean out the filters it always has plenty of that fine flower dust on the carbon, and Hepa filters. The only time this thing has been turned off in ten years is when I change filters. It's quiet and has sensors inside that increase the flow rate when it sniffs something in the air. I know it is working because just washing something in the same room or wearing something scented sets it off into high speed.

Anyway, back to cleaning money. I'm pretty proud of how we cleaned some folding money here at the place. Does anyone else give it a thought?

There's not necessarily anything wrong with the study, but in the way people interpret it. According to what the article said, the virus lives longer on surfaces than the flu virus. You should not automatically assume it is more infectious to people since that was not actually tested. If it is explicitly tested for, you could say that.

It seems likely that it probably is more infectious longer because of that reason, but it is going too far to claim it. Or you could say there may be some evidence it is more infectious. But it is not actually shown.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 12th, 2020 at 1:41:25 PM permalink
rxwine
I keep being reminded of the car air filter test. It didn't work very well in the bench test, but in an actual car, the car shakes the tiny fibers, and the bench test machine didn't replicate that. At some point you have to test in an actual car to know for sure. Same idea with other things.