No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

October 12th, 2020 at 1:42:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Same with all the vaccine trials. No matter how great the results are predicted to be, you have to have human trials to know for sure.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 12th, 2020 at 1:57:49 PM permalink
rxwine
Many arguments on this board are 'preponderance of evidence' arguments for or against something, not absolute certainty. If you can get a mountain of evidence for something that is sometimes the best you can do.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 12th, 2020 at 2:35:56 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
Quote: petroglyph
]I don't hold absolute faith in study's. According to this one, Corona would die rapidly at 104F. Here in Havasu we had a new record for days run in excess of 110, 54 days in a row were 110 or higher. In addition to that, for about 2 weeks during July Az., held the record for most cases in the world. And this county, Mohave, held the record in the state.

So I think test results can be subjective. Also of note to me, in the link they mention ways to sterilize money, and again UV light gets a nod. I have an air purifier in our living room [made by Idyllis] which has a AV-C light inside it. I can't swear as to the efficacy of the air purification, but when I clean out the filters it always has plenty of that fine flower dust on the carbon, and Hepa filters. The only time this thing has been turned off in ten years is when I change filters. It's quiet and has sensors inside that increase the flow rate when it sniffs something in the air. I know it is working because just washing something in the same room or wearing something scented sets it off into high speed.

Anyway, back to cleaning money. I'm pretty proud of how we cleaned some folding money here at the place. Does anyone else give it a thought?

There's not necessarily anything wrong with the study, but in the way people interpret it. According to what the article said, the virus lives longer on surfaces than the flu virus. You should not automatically assume it is more infectious to people since that was not actually tested. If it is explicitly tested for, you could say that.

It seems likely that it probably is more infectious longer because of that reason, but it is going too far to claim it. Or you could say there may be some evidence it is more infectious. But it is not actually shown.
I think one of the main vectors for the transmission of Sars Covid 2 is fecal-oral, just like pink eye.

I read years ago that most if not all flus originate in south Asia, and they get it from chickens. Those cultures don't wash their hands enough. Thats why this Covid has been so devastating in old folks homes where tenants need assistance to pooh, I don't know personally but I don't think the infirm wash their hands after every movement. That's why shopping cart handles have been known to be one of the filthiest places to put your hands, little kids sit there and, well you know what they do. Mers is another virus, that originated in a place not known for hand washing.

I'm still curious as to how long this virus and others can live on surfaces? If the story says "can live up to", well what's the average, IDK. I've been following a related topic for several years now. I've read that hospitals are going to using more silver/copper surfaces in medical settings because of the anti microbial ability's of those highly conductive metals. In the link, it mentions stainless steel, it will take a long time probably until I come across a story where someone has researched the ability of silver/copper surfaces to kill this virus.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 12th, 2020 at 3:00:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Nursing home patients often have a lot close contact with people because they don't move well on their own. Many can't even get out of bed without someone practically bear hugging them to lift them up. They can avoid close contact once in a wheelchair, but they have to get there somehow.
October 12th, 2020 at 3:06:37 PM permalink
rxwine
Got my flu shot today.
October 12th, 2020 at 3:10:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
Over 80% of nursing home residents need help with 3 or more ADLs (such as dressing and bathing). About 90% of residents who are able to walk need assistance or supervision. More than half of residents have incontinence (the inability to control bowels or the bladder), and more than a third have difficulty with hearing or seeing.

In addition to physical problems, mental conditions are common in nursing home residents. In fact, dementia remains the most common problem, and affects an estimated 50-70% of residents. More than three fourths of nursing-home residents have problems making daily decisions, and two-thirds have problems with memory or knowing where they are from time to time.

Ain't retirement great!
October 12th, 2020 at 3:12:14 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Got my flu shot today.

I got mine last weekend. The wife had a bad reaction to it this year but hasn't had problems in the past.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 12th, 2020 at 4:16:48 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Ain't retirement great!
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 12th, 2020 at 4:57:33 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Top Docs áll urge end to covid restrictions and côncern for most vulnerable as herd immunity should be encouraged. Not delayed bgy extreme restrictions
October 12th, 2020 at 5:01:14 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff
Top Docs áll urge end to covid restrictions and côncern for most vulnerable as herd immunity should be encouraged. Not delayed bgy extreme restrictions

The sooner the better. Sheep love masks, thinking they are the be all end all. Afraid to live a normal life.

Americans are tired of the masks.
The President is a fink.