No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

January 5th, 2021 at 2:49:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Amongst my extended family and relatives only the conservative ones in Indiana and Mississippi have gotten Covid. And one of them is dead from it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 5th, 2021 at 2:59:19 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: AZDuffman
When I was a kid almost every school had a "leukemia kid" or IOW a kid who would be dead by high school. And before my time it was worse than that.

Really? I'm older than you and never knew anyone with childhood leukemia. I understand survival rates are much improved, but I don't think it was ever that common.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
January 5th, 2021 at 3:58:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: JimRockford
Really? I'm older than you and never knew anyone with childhood leukemia. I understand survival rates are much improved, but I don't think it was ever that common.

It was much a thing. Nixon was the one who declared war on cancer. Used to be more fundraisers for it back in the day. Now you never hear about it.
The President is a fink.
January 6th, 2021 at 5:10:34 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
One in Fifty (one in 30 in London)
2%
1.1 million people

Currently infected here in Blighty. A piddling nation of about 70 Million

That's not the total figures for those that have had the virus since day0: That's the percentages for people currently infected, that we might encounter closely on a trip to the store.

Hospitals and Ambulances running beyond capacity. Patients waiting hours to be admitted, and some dying in them.
Paramedics to decide which patients are worth taking to hospital or left home to die. That's not just covid sufferers. Have a heart attack or a stroke and they may just leave you at home to die.
Cancer treatments cancelled. Routine medical treatments and examinations such as mamograms cancelled.
Dentistry: Generally no drills allowed, so extractions instead of fillings... If you can get treated at all.

It's a bit grim out there at the moment. Happy to be bugging in. Our government drastically behind the curve in dealing with this, but not as much as yours by any stretch.
Christmas relaxation of restrictions now showing up in the stats, big-time.

Good luck with your nation's response. You'll need it. This virus takes no rest breaks. Takes no prisoners and does not care your politics.

Oh. And yes. It does strike down fit and healthy younger folk too.

Or is it a hoax that you can forget about?
January 6th, 2021 at 6:18:57 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: OnceDear
2%
1.1 million people

That's not the total figures for those that have had the virus since day0: That's the percentages for people currently infected, that we might encounter closely on a trip to the store.

Hospitals and Ambulances running beyond capacity. Patients waiting hours to be admitted, and some dying in them.
Paramedics to decide which patients are worth taking to hospital or left home to die. That's not just covid sufferers. Have a heart attack or a stroke and they may just leave you at home to die.
Cancer treatments cancelled. Routine medical treatments and examinations such as mamograms cancelled.
Dentistry: Generally no drills allowed, so extractions instead of fillings... If you can get treated at all.

It's a bit grim out there at the moment. Happy to be bugging in. Our government drastically behind the curve in dealing with this, but not as much as yours by any stretch.

Good luck with your nation's response. You'll need it. This virus takes no rest breaks. Takes no prisoners and does not care your politics.

Eliminate the variable. Vaccines/testing aside, just stop treating for coronavirus entirely. That would also afford greater protection to the healthcare workers. They won't do that, of course.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 6th, 2021 at 6:22:09 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Yup, gonna get worse here
A massive super spreader event is actually taking place in DC today
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 6th, 2021 at 6:27:32 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
Yup, gonna get worse here
A massive super spreader event is actually taking place in DC today

Yeah, but isn't that the Proud Boys? We can only hope several of them are already carrying...the virus, that is.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 6th, 2021 at 8:38:04 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
2%
1.1 million people

Hospitals beyond capacity? I thought the NHS was so perfect?
The President is a fink.
January 6th, 2021 at 9:50:33 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://www.abc15.com/news/coronavirus/arizona-has-highest-rate-of-covid-19-in-the-world-latest-data-shows

It seems there are so many different ways of counting it, everyone will get a chance to be first at one time or another.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 6th, 2021 at 10:11:52 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: Mission146

Eliminate the variable. Vaccines/testing aside, just stop treating for coronavirus entirely. That would also afford greater protection to the healthcare workers. They won't do that, of course.
I would be happier if say one in three that caught it would just cough a couple of times and drop down dead. Might serve as a nice lesson for their friends out on the town.
Certainly stop treating deniers and their family, friends and supporters.
Sadly there are some who need and deserve medical support, my friend and his family with their child who is extremely vulnerable but not suitable for vaccine, or hospital health care workers. I'd even support treatment for shop assistants and food delivery drivers. Few of the rest of us have an excuse for getting infected.

As you say. they won't of course.