1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

January 6th, 2021 at 10:20:10 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: OnceDear
I would be happier if say one in three that caught it would just cough a couple of times and drop down dead. Might serve as a nice lesson for their friends out on the town.
Certainly stop treating deniers and their family, friends and supporters.
Sadly there are some who need and deserve medical support, my friend and his family with their child who is extremely vulnerable but not suitable for vaccine, or hospital health care workers. I'd even support treatment for shop assistants and food delivery drivers. Few of the rest of us have an excuse for getting infected.

As you say. they won't of course.

That's another benefit to announcing that you're not going to treat it. I think at least some people might be inclined to follow minimal mitigation efforts (at a minimum) knowing they're not getting any help if they do get it.

Hospital healthcare workers have to look out for their own, of course. Other than that, sure, if they (other people) can afford to pay a significant premium for any doctors who want to treat them in the private offices or the person's own residence. If they can't, too damn bad.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 10th, 2021 at 7:21:14 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I received some really interesting information today that may be old news to some (and is subject to change as more tests are continued).

It is sounding like the COVID vaccines will become an annual thing (like Flu shots that you have to get every year), again this may depend on testing results. However, for many it may not be until spring/summer until they get get vaccinated. (There are a lot of logistical challenges with the current vaccine, including the two doses and the need to be frozen at a certain temp, and not enough supply to slow rollouts).

I also never realized how many strains there are (over 48K), and that when the media hypes one "new" strain it is usually just for views and to not be alarmed by it.

Basically also to only accept information from CDC, NIH, and some other official organizations and that this site is a good resource for reputable articles:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
January 10th, 2021 at 9:17:10 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Gandler
I received some really interesting information today that may be old news to some (and is subject to change as more tests are continued).

It is sounding like the COVID vaccines will become an annual thing (like Flu shots that you have to get every year), again this may depend on testing results. However, for many it may not be until spring/summer until they get get vaccinated. (There are a lot of logistical challenges with the current vaccine, including the two doses and the need to be frozen at a certain temp, and not enough supply to slow rollouts).

I also never realized how many strains there are (over 48K), and that when the media hypes one "new" strain it is usually just for views and to not be alarmed by it.

Basically also to only accept information from CDC, NIH, and some other official organizations and that this site is a good resource for reputable articles:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/

Yes, it will likely exist much as a background disease, still killing some people, but controlled about as well as the flu. It's too contagious and widespread to expect otherwise.

Until at least, if there is any better medical interventions one day that could change that.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 11th, 2021 at 4:07:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

See, it is going to be used as a way to control the sheep. I can see maskers demanding we all wear masks all of the time. Liberals saying we need a stimulus payment every year. And wanting to close things down when they think it is spreading.

It has been so good for the left making it an annual thing would be something they would want.
The President is a fink.
January 11th, 2021 at 3:23:45 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: AZDuffman
See, it is going to be used as a way to control the sheep. I can see maskers demanding we all wear masks all of the time. Liberals saying we need a stimulus payment every year. And wanting to close things down when they think it is spreading.

It has been so good for the left making it an annual thing would be something they would want.

It will be like the flu shot, we all get it every year, its not a big deal. (Or maybe every two years, or maybe less, its still uncertain). There will probably be times of the year that are higher risk (like "flu season"), and some people who are high risk may be advised to wear masks during this time.

I tend to be a germophobic person, so I take more precautions than usual even in normal times (carry hand sanitizer, wash hands often, avoid touching anything that I can, etc....) so I think the one good thing of COVID is it will make people more health conscious. I don't think masks will be required (by law, some business may continue) after vaccines become well distributed and the numbers reach an acceptable level. Right now there is an unacceptable spike (EMS and hospitals are overwhelmed all over the country).
January 11th, 2021 at 3:37:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
It will be like the flu shot, we all get it every year, its not a big deal. (Or maybe every two years, or maybe less, its still uncertain). There will probably be times of the year that are higher risk (like "flu season"), and some people who are high risk may be advised to wear masks during this time.

I tend to be a germophobic person, so I take more precautions than usual even in normal times (carry hand sanitizer, wash hands often, avoid touching anything that I can, etc....) so I think the one good thing of COVID is it will make people more health conscious. I don't think masks will be required (by law, some business may continue) after vaccines become well distributed and the numbers reach an acceptable level. Right now there is an unacceptable spike (EMS and hospitals are overwhelmed all over the country).

Get a flu shot every year? No need unless you are in a risk group.

Sorry to break this to you but the mask and hand washing are really not doing much. We are seeing a virus that is doing what it wants to do. People need to learn thinks like this virus and "climate change" are not things man will control.
The President is a fink.
January 11th, 2021 at 4:03:16 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25

Sorry to break this to you but the mask and hand washing are really not doing much. We are seeing a virus that is doing what it wants to do. People need to learn thinks like this virus and "climate change" are not things man will control.
Isn't the 20-21 flu knocked way down? If people paid more attention to children and hand washing, it would reduce a common disease vector. And I think at far as that goes, at least for this season or two, people are being more conscientious about hand washing. Not enough, but some.

When I went to restaurants, I always get up just before eating and wash my hands, but if you look around most folks don't.

https://www.drgreene.com/articles/fecaloral-transmission
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 11th, 2021 at 4:07:13 PM permalink
Gandler

I have always gotten a flu shot every year. (I am pretty sure most schools require it, and many employers and insurances do....) I think everyone should get annual flu shots, there is no reason not to. It is essentially free for everyone even with minimal insurance (and there are endless free clinics for those who do not). Not to mention, even if you pay cash, its only like 15-25 USD. COVID will likely turn into a similar circumstance (even if some of the science it pointing towards 2 years, whatever timeline it ends up being.....)

Getting the flu sucks (and can result in missing many critical days of work). I will happily get pricked once a year to greatly lower the probability of getting it.... Same with COVID. I don't understand people who are against vaccines.... If I can be healthy and decrease the probability of illness I will always go with that option.
January 11th, 2021 at 4:08:53 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: petroglyph
Isn't the 20-21 flu knocked way down? If people paid more attention to children and hand washing, it would reduce a common disease vector. And I think at far as that goes, at least for this season or two, people are being more conscientious about hand washing. Not enough, but some.

When I went to restaurants, I always get up just before eating and wash my hands, but if you look around most folks don't.

https://www.drgreene.com/articles/fecaloral-transmission

That was kind of my original point. People are finally starting to take hand washing seriously. (along with other common sense things like minimize surface touching, carry hand sanitizer everywhere, don't get close to people, etc..)
January 11th, 2021 at 4:26:23 PM permalink
AZDuffman
I have always gotten a flu shot every year. (I am pretty sure most schools require it, and many employers and insurances do....) I think everyone should get annual flu shots, there is no reason not to. It is essentially free for everyone even with minimal insurance (and there are endless free clinics for those who do not). Not to mention, even if you pay cash, its only like 15-25 USD. COVID will likely turn into a similar circumstance (even if some of the science it pointing towards 2 years, whatever timeline it ends up being.....)

It is not a matter of "no reason not to" it is a matter of "what reason to do so?"

I do not see how injecting flu into my body is a good thing.
The President is a fink.