1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

February 1st, 2021 at 4:21:08 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
Donald Trump is ABSOLUTELY pro-virus.

Capitalizing it doesn't make it true nor does your TDS. You really think that Trump was hoping the virus would wipe out thousands of people? You are really are some sick puppy.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 1st, 2021 at 4:23:35 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
Capitalizing it doesn't make it true nor does your TDS. You really think that Trump was hoping the virus would wipe out thousands of people? You are really are some sick puppy.

Personal insult aside, yes I do think so!

He wanted “herd mentality” (his exact words - he meant herd immunity) to take effect. That quite literally means wiping out not just thousands, but millions.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 1st, 2021 at 4:43:54 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

He wanted “herd mentality” (his exact words - he meant herd immunity) to take effect. That quite literally means wiping out not just thousands, but millions.

Herd immunity is still the goal and has always been the goal. We will get there eventually and it will be a combination of natural immunity in some people, survivors that can't get Covid a 2nd time and those that get their immunity from vaccinations. At this point in time we have no clear idea of the percentage of each of those paths. We also likely will see Covid around for the foreseeable future and just become another line on the breakdown of the annual death causes.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 1st, 2021 at 4:56:10 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

Of course your trolling post misses the point. Those who wanted to infect those with much lower mortality rates to achieve herd immunity were not "pro virus". I don't think it was a smart tactic, as a vaccine was on the way, but to say that someone was pro virus because they wanted to allow low risk people to be infected to end the pandemic sooner is just.... wrong!

Trump wanted the pandemic over and the virus gone 'bigly'! The virus is the main reason we have President Biden.
February 1st, 2021 at 5:38:02 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Chris Hayes sums it up better than I ever could:

Chris Hayes: Trump is objectively pro-virus
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 3rd, 2021 at 7:51:50 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
B in Law, healthy 56y/o. Had Covid-19 in spring. Had very mild case. Gave antibody serum after. Took antibody test. Still positive. So he (not eligible yet) is not sure if he will get vaccine.

Wife’s daughter being allowed to go back to college dorm this weekend. She needed negative COVID-19 test today. Then on arrival in 4 days will be administered rapid test before she can move in. Her mother who will be helping her will also be administered rapid test upon arrival. After all clear, student will need to quarantine with her suite mates for a week! Food will be delivered from the cafeteria. Her classes will be virtual.

I know people have died, businesses failed, lives altered negatively permanently... but I feel so bad for her that this is what her Freshman year is....

My Freshman year was 43 years ago, and I still have so many good memories .....
February 3rd, 2021 at 8:02:04 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO

My Freshman year was 43 years ago, and I still have so many good memories .....

I do not have many good memories from my Freshmen year in college. I was six hundred miles from home and it took me a while to make good friends. I did not know anyone at the school when I went. By my second year I had plenty of friends and everything was great.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 3rd, 2021 at 8:27:53 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
I do not have many good memories from my Freshmen year in college. I was six hundred miles from home and it took me a while to make good friends. I did not know anyone at the school when I went. By my second year I had plenty of friends and everything was great.

My Freshman year at Drexel U in the powellton village area of Philly.
Interesting neighbors
On one side the radical black group MOVE
On the otherside of the neighborhood armory filled with police armed to the max
The mayor was the old police chief Rizzo who was trying to change the law to run for a 3rd term and be mayor for life
https://www.inquirer.com/philly/news/special_packages/dailynews/20100506_Cops_death_in_78_clash_was_a_spark.html-2
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 3rd, 2021 at 8:35:06 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO

Trump wanted the pandemic over and the virus gone 'bigly'! The virus is the main reason we have President Biden.

Maybe the liberals were and are pro-virus for this reason?
The President is a fink.
February 3rd, 2021 at 9:05:18 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://www.dhs.gov/news/2021/02/01/dhs-statement-equal-access-covid-19-vaccines-and-vaccine-distribution-sites

"DHS and its Federal government partners fully support equal access to the COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine distribution sites for undocumented immigrants."

"In addition to the EOs, the DHS announced this week that special vaccination sites will be opened for illegals, and that ICE and CBP “will not conduct enforcement operations at or near” the sites.

Morgan described Biden’s orders as “another significant step reinstating incentives for and loopholes to be exploited by migrants to enter our country illegally.”
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW