No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

February 10th, 2021 at 11:37:25 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I have made an extrapolation. So am now wearing 3 masks when in public. I may die from hypoxia, but not COVID-19!
February 10th, 2021 at 12:19:39 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
I have made an extrapolation. So am now wearing 3 masks when in public. I may die from hypoxia, but not COVID-19!

I think someone in the Biden admin just has stock in a mask company or bought 100000 of them to sell on ebay.
The President is a fink.
February 10th, 2021 at 12:29:48 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Despite both testing positive for the antibodies in August, my neighbor and his wife became ill with Covid at the end of December. Neither has regained their sense of smell or taste.
February 10th, 2021 at 12:43:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Tanko
Despite both testing positive for the antibodies in August, my neighbor and his wife became ill with Covid at the end of December. Neither has regained their sense of smell or taste.

Some people don't just lose their smell, but "rendering previously familiar scents and flavors rancid, like being assaulted with the overwhelming stench of rot, feces, and chemicals."

Others seem to be able to munch on raw garlic and onions with no sense of anything.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 10th, 2021 at 2:20:18 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
Some people don't just lose their smell, but "rendering previously familiar scents and flavors rancid, like being assaulted with the overwhelming stench of rot, feces, and chemicals."

Others seem to be able to munch on raw garlic and onions with no sense of anything.
OMG,
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 11th, 2021 at 5:25:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Listening to Tucker Carlson claim Florida's more open policy worked better than New York or NJ.

I'm pretty sure that doesn't account for population density.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 11th, 2021 at 6:02:24 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Listening to Tucker Carlson claim Florida's more open policy worked better than New York or NJ.

ROTFL
Taiwan 8 deaths
FL 28k deaths
In my book FL sucks
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 11th, 2021 at 6:17:13 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
ROTFL
Taiwan 8 deaths
FL 28k deaths
In my book FL sucks

That is actually a good comparison. I was going to mention about population and demographics, but a quick google search shows that the population level is similar (within 2 mil) and both have a high elderly population. So Taiwan is doing vastly better than Florida.

I guess the fact that it is an island and they are more realistic about screening people at entry ports gives them a huge advantage. I have seen videos of people in FL losing their mind at their temperature being checked at the county library and courthouses..... I think it is fair to say people in FL are much more paranoid about screening processes.... I could be wrong but I don't think there are endless viral videos from Taiwan of adults having temper tantrums in grocery stores after being told to put a mask on or leave (sadly I cannot say the same about Florida)....
February 11th, 2021 at 6:36:32 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0

So far there is no proof that being dense has protected anyone in Florida from getting infected with Covid.

One reason the rate is lower in Florida, is because they don’t use mass transit by the millions, as people do in NY and NJ.
February 11th, 2021 at 6:58:27 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Tanko
So far there is no proof that being dense has protected anyone in Florida from getting infected with Covid.

One reason the rate is lower in Florida, is because they don’t use mass transit by the millions, as people do in NY and NJ.

The rate of infections per capita is higher in Florida than it is in New York. But carry on don't let the facts get in the way of your posts.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin